Bengals at Chiefs (AFC Championship Week Notes/Thoughts/News Thread)

12 hours ago, sois said:

Damn lowest tickets were 300 during the game, up to 500 now :(

That's because Chiefs fans are fair-weather.  I have family that live 2.5h from Arrowhead - exactly the same distance as I do from PBS.  They have an Interstate the whole way - half of my drive is on 2-lane roads through rural Indiana.  They've been to 4 games in 20 years.  I've missed 4 games in 20 years.  

Chiefs Bandwagon.jpg

Of course KC ticket demand goes up when they win.  It's the KC way.

2 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

That's because Chiefs fans are fair-weather.  I have family that live 2.5h from Arrowhead - exactly the same distance as I do from PBS.  They have an Interstate the whole way - half of my drive is on 2-lane roads through rural Indiana.  They've been to 4 games in 20 years.  I've missed 4 games in 20 years.  

that's a poor take.  I watched the Royals as a diehard since I was probably 7 or 8 years old, and have been following the Chiefs for the same amount of time.  KC has one of the best fan bases in the league.  Through thick and thin.

40 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

that's a poor take.  I watched the Royals as a diehard since I was probably 7 or 8 years old, and have been following the Chiefs for the same amount of time.  KC has one of the best fan bases in the league.  Through thick and thin.

No offense, but every fan base has folks like you too. It is honorable you have kept your loyalties. Frankly, it would be shocking if you didn’t. 

When Amish speaks of the “Goodwill Fan Base”, he speaks of Johnny Jump On’s who flock to the brightest of lights. And, every team fan base has these as well. It’s cyclical. For every Mahomes Era, there is a Brodie Croyle/Matt Cassell. For every Andy Reid or Hank Stram, there is a Frank Gansz or Herm Edwards. Doubtful shelves of Elvis Grbac or Tyler Thigpen jerseys were disappearing nationwide during those times?

Like I said, enjoy your ride. But recognize that not every Chief “fan” you meet, may be anything of the kind. 

16 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

No offense, but every fan base has folks like you too. It is honorable you have kept your loyalties. Frankly, it would be shocking if you didn’t. 

When Amish speaks of the “Goodwill Fan Base”, he speaks of Johnny Jump On’s who flock to the brightest of lights. 

Like I said, enjoy your ride. But recognize that not every Chief “fan” you meet, may be anything of the kind. 

True.

I was indirectly targeting my Joplin family with that.  They were silent as doormice while the Bills were storming back, then began crowing like world-beaters after.  You heard nary a peep out of them during the years before Mahomes, yet now listening to them you'd think they were always Preaching From The Mountain.

I asked about if they were going to the games.  Nope.  Oh, we've got our vaccinations and boosters, but we don't want to get the 'Rona from the packed crowd.  (Ignoring the fact that the CDC is perfectly okay with sports crowds of ANY size in outdoor settings - lol).  Oh!  So BEFORE the Pandemic, you guys used to go to the games then?  Funny, I don't recall seeing photos of you from Arrowhead - not once.  Followed by photos of me at PBS - beating the Raiders, beating the Chiefs.  Photos of me from Lambeau.  Photos of me from Wembley.

There are different tiers of fans.  Right now, the Chiefs have a lot of bandwagon fans.  They're like the Stealers in that regard - if you're a local fan and (like me) are the exception to the rule - good on ya!  Hometown fans should support hometown teams through thick and thin.

Without paying your dues through the lean years, you haven't earned the right to crow during the years o' plenty.  This comes from a Bengal fan who has had season tickets since the 80s.... who kept them during the 2000's when I was exiled to MD and who flew home for at least one game a year... who has been a St Louis Blues fan ever since I attended my first IHL game with my mom and dad in the early 70s and who proudly attended the Cup Finals in '19.

"Where were you back in '92 when Shula was our hope?

Where were you when we realized Ki-Jana was a joke?

Where were you when we took Akili in the draft?

I was here dressed in Bengal gear when everybody laughed.

"Who Dey?!?  We wearing all those Bengal jerseys now?

Who Dey?!?  Be fillin' up the seats at Paul Brown?

For those of us who've suffered we've earned the right to braggin'

For all the rest, welcome aboard.... the Bengal Bandwagon"

15 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

"Where were you back in '92 when Shula was our hope?

Where were you when we realized Ki-Jana was a joke?

Where were you when we took Akili in the draft?

1. Hated him for life when he gave Klingler Boomer's uniform #
  2. I guess when he never recovered from that preseason injury. I didn't think it was his fault he got hurt.
  3. I loved him, I called him the Black John Elway

4 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Chiefs Bandwagon.jpg

That's friggin Laughable!!  Chief's Fans are as diehard as any Big Fanbase in the Country.  Been there, seen that!!  You think Tennessee was Loud?  Good Luck talking to the person beside you when their D is out there on Third Down!!  

I thought the only way the Bengals could have won the first 2 rounds is by scoring into the 30s.  But that hasn't happened yet.  In fact, the offense has been rather shitty.  They have scored....three freakin touchdowns.  And twice they got the short field after the Hendrickson strip sack and the Bates pick and they didn't score a TD. 

11 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

I thought the only way the Bengals could have won the first 2 rounds is by scoring into the 30s.  But that hasn't happened yet.  In fact, the offense has been rather shitty.  They have scored....three freakin touchdowns.  And twice they got the short field after the Hendrickson strip sack and the Bates pick and they didn't score a TD. 

Both Oak and Tenn played alot of 2 high shell to limit the big plays and its worled because both have a front 4 that can get to the QB.

In Tenn case they did more disguised looks that Joe admitted confused him some. 

KC played 1 high against us, if they do it again I suspect the O will come around again.

56 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Both Oak and Tenn played alot of 2 high shell to limit the big plays and its worled because both have a front 4 that can get to the QB.

Will Ferrell thinks his 'SNL' portrayal of George W. Bush influenced the  2000 election | Business Insider India

I just don't understand defensive coverage lingo. I would like to, but my brain hard drive is full.

Archived