Tommy Bay Week

5 hours ago, Griever said:

Hopefully Tee can come back this week, gonna need TI and TT to step up again though

Yeah, that Boyd injury reminded me of those jammed fingers playing basketball in my youth...but probably 100x worse.

Can someone remind me what Tee's injury is?  I know he showed up late on the injury report, but in Go's sideline videos he looked to be fine.  I don't recall he even playing a snap in yesterday's game, so did he reaggravate something in warmups or just didn't want to risk it in the game?  Thanks.

2 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

Yeah, that Boyd injury reminded me of those jammed fingers playing basketball in my youth...but probably 100x worse.

Can someone remind me what Tee's injury is?  I know he showed up late on the injury report, but in Go's sideline videos he looked to be fine.  I don't recall he even playing a snap in yesterday's game, so did he reaggravate something in warmups or just didn't want to risk it in the game?  Thanks.

Reaggravated a hamstring issue

Until Fox pulled the coverage due to the game being out of hand, I watched TB against SF. 

SF’s defense had it easier as the game went on…little or no threat of a run game to take into consideration. They are a great defense anyway… and with only having to defend the pass—not even the GOAT had a chance to keep up. 

I bring this up, because Fornette never was a factor. He’s still a quality back—and has to be accounted for. 

Also, the TB defense was a victim of a flash-in-the-pan Clint Longley-like “who is this guy?” barrage which took them out. Lost in this, is a decent-to-very-good defense which could cause lots of problems for a diminished weapons Bengals side. 

Bottom line—this is no walk in the park. To think otherwise is crazy 

Hope this isn't a trap game. Usually after getting blown out and everything going wrong the team has an "awakening" to still show they are relevant. 

I think we win 28-13 or there about but it could be the other way around if we don't take them seriously. 

7 minutes ago, Lawshark13 said:

Speaking of Tampa Brady...I had a late meeting at the office and just listened to NFL Radio on my way home...had never heard the "Let's Go!" (tm) show before with Jim Gray and Brady.

Ummm...that is one awful piece of shit pablum spewing over-sponsored waste of time.

Really bad.

Awful.

I never understood how Jm Grey stays relevent..

5 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I swear when you're young you think aging is a steady progression.  In reality the difference between 18 and 23 is nowhere near the same 5 years as 35 to 40.  I suppose it's different for everyone but it's certainly more of a rollercoaster.  For these pro athletes it's like they lose a step but can still get it done for a couple of years.. and then suddenly they lose all the other steps overnight.

I not even close to being 'athletic' but I played a lot of sports (was a track sprinter even) and I still do martial arts - when I hit 35, my body totally dropped two levels and agin at about early 50's. It was fast and noticable. 

2 hours ago, Gary said:

Hope this isn't a trap game. Usually after getting blown out and everything going wrong the team has an "awakening" to still show they are relevant. 

I think we win 28-13 or there about but it could be the other way around if we don't take them seriously. 

I don't think it will be. Joe gets to play against the goat, he's going to want to beat him.

5 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Good God almighty...do these media hacks analyze the placements of commas/semi-colons to dig out some scintilla of controversy? 

And, fans buy it.  

The quoted "controversial" statement was part of why I posted on here about the podcast being so stupid...hearing it live it was clear that the whole podcast is Brady going through the motions and collecting cash.  He didn't sound at all like he was dissing the Bengals...he simply sounded like he needed to say something in response to Jim Gray's question so he could get on with his day.  The quoted part is the entire discussion they had about the upcoming game.  In depth analysis. 🤦‍♂️

Gray would ask a question...Brady would give a disinterested innocuous answer...Gray would announce a sponsor...ask another question...get another stupid answer...rinse...repeat...

Archived