To continue, terminate, call a draw, declare a winner, etc...

4 minutes ago, stryker57 said:

i'll say this again. of the bills and the bengals meet in the playoff it had best be played in cincinati no matter the seeding or whatever. 

With the NFL, there is a better chance of flying to Mars in a Volkswagen. 

11 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

If they call the Bengals-Bills game canceled and use 16 games for them and 17 for everyone else that gives the Chiefs a big boost. Going into last weekend, they lost the tiebreaker with the Bills but calling off the game effectively puts both the Bengals and Bills a half game back of the Chiefs. Between the Bengals and Bills it will likely mean Buffalo as the 2 seed and Cincinnati as the 3 so a second round playoff matchup goes to Buffalo. If they simply call the game a 7-3 final score with the Bengals winning, then both teams winning this weekend would make the Bengals the 2 seed and Bills the 3. 

and guess who is SCREWED?  The Bengals, because they get the lowest seed of the three when it was a Buffalo player who was injured.  

11 minutes ago, stryker57 said:

i'll say this again. of the bills and the bengals meet in the playoff it had best be played in cincinati no matter the seeding or whatever. 

7 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

That could actually be part of the "fix" to the situation. The NFL could announce that the game will be voided and not replayed, but in the event that the Bengals and Bills make the divisional round, their game will be played in Cincy (regardless of seeding). 

I'm ok with that solution. 

Just my VERY humble and unqualified opinion but I, personally,

can't see/would not be surprised to see the Bills lose Sunday

and in their first playoff game.

Their heads simply cannot be in football with all that is going on

with their teammate and team.

4 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

What has to be concerning for the NFL as they ponder this decision is - what if this happened during a playoff game or at the Super Bowl? That is where the Cash Cow runs smack dab into 'the right thing to do'. 

What will happen is that next time that a situation like this happens, the team who’s player it didn’t happen to, they’re gonna line back up and stay on the sideline like nothing happened. If you get penalized for being a decent human being, then say hello to the scumbags! 

5 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

What has to be concerning for the NFL as they ponder this decision is - what if this happened during a playoff game or at the Super Bowl? That is where the Cash Cow runs smack dab into 'the right thing to do'. 

This is great point.  Yea, what would they do, and it could happen.  I am willing to bet they continue on with the game but, low and behold a regular season game, nope.  Cha-ching!  They have now opened up a Pandora's box. 

22 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

So, the Bengals take it up the YING YANG if they will not continue the game.  I saw that earlier on tv.  They are locked in 3rd seed right, and Buffalo and KC get to play for the number one seed, is this correct?

If we win and Buffalo loses this Sunday, we would both be 12-4 but we would get the #2 seed based on strength of schedule, as far as I know. KC would have to lose for Buffalo to have a chance at the #1 seed. We have no chance at the #1 seed if the game does not get played. 

4 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Sure seems like the NFL is floating every possible solution through back channels until they see which one causes the least fuss.

I agree 100%. They're floating these trial balloons to see how it goes over

7 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

If we win and Buffalo loses this Sunday, we would both be 12-4 but we would get the #2 seed based on strength of schedule, as far as I know. KC would have to lose for Buffalo to have a chance at the #1 seed. We have no chance at the #1 seed if the game does not get played. 

I don't see that happening but, I wish it would.  They are going to have more incentive to win and be fired up at Home to try and win to be either the 1 or the 2 and in support of winning it for Hamlin.  Jags have the upper hand on the last slot anyways instead of New England.  Yea, I am kind of upset that the Bengals do not have a shot at the Number One seed because of this situation.  

3 hours ago, Griever said:

Wow

Why not? While I still think we would have a 3 seed it would give us an extra home game, right? So if all three top seed teams win this weekend we would be 3rd and playing 6th team which would be Baltimore. So two weeks in a row with Baltimore.. Kinda like that Jets game we had back to back where we let the Jets spank us, which at the time I said was the worst thing they could have done, and it ended up costing us the playoff game against the jets the next week. So we would need to put our boot on Baltimores throat both weeks. 

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I'm not sure how that screws us, if the Cheifs win on Saturday there would be zero chance we could get the one seed, even if we beat the Bills.

But the two seed would have two home games. So we are getting jobbed big time. I think we would have beat the Bills. We should be #2 now, and we should still have the chance at #1 rather than 0% chance if the game was cancelled. Last year the 2nd seed ended up having home field throughout the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

That could actually be part of the "fix" to the situation. The NFL could announce that the game will be voided and not replayed, but in the event that the Bengals and Bills make the divisional round, their game will be played in Cincy (regardless of seeding). 

I'm ok with that solution. 

What about if the Chiefs lose on Sat and we win on Sun? Do we not change the seeds but put the Bengals in there having home field throughout? That's what would have happened anyway. 

Personally I think the league is waiting until this weekends games are played before giving us a 100% answer on what's going to happen. 

1 hour ago, TigerJ@w said:

So, the Bengals take it up the YING YANG if they will not continue the game.  I saw that earlier on tv.  They are locked in 3rd seed right, and Buffalo and KC get to play for the number one seed, is this correct?

No. Bengals have a better strength of victory than the Bills if the Bills lose and we win this weekend. We could be the two, but we should already be the two. 

1 minute ago, Gary said:

No. Bengals have a better strength of victory than the Bills if the Bills lose and we win this weekend. We could be the two, but we should already be the two. 

I am talking here for the number one seed.  I agree with you though on the 2, they should be already.

19 minutes ago, Gary said:

Why not? While I still think we would have a 3 seed it would give us an extra home game, right? So if all three top seed teams win this weekend we would be 3rd and playing 6th team which would be Baltimore. So two weeks in a row with Baltimore.. Kinda like that Jets game we had back to back where we let the Jets spank us, which at the time I said was the worst thing they could have done, and it ended up costing us the playoff game against the jets the next week. So we would need to put our boot on Baltimores throat both weeks. 

That Jets WC game in.. '09? Is still one of the most lackluster playoff games I've ever seen. Bengals absolutely phoned that one in.. Suspect whatever Carson's issues were 🥰🥰🥰 started before then.

Archived