Random 2023 Bengals related stuff

4 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

I haven't seen this mentioned .

JB told Dave Lapham that Mixon 

did a great job on the blitz

Said he had time to stand and complete passes due to Joe's blocking effort.

Joe Mixon is playing his heart out this year.

Much respect.

Mixon is still a damn good RB haters be dated, but we got to find a reliable #2 to keep Joe fresh 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Mixon is still a damn good RB haters be dated, but we got to find a reliable #2 to keep Joe fresh 

I stand as a reformed Mixon disliker.

Did an excellent job Sunday with Joe working from under center.

And props to the O line.

Speaking of haters... watched Volson in the clips and he looked good.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Bengals suddenly have a very good Jonah Williams problem on their hands

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2023/10/31/bengals-jonah-williams-problem-2023/

I’m saying this now: In this instance, Jonah Williams >>>>>>>>>> Tee Higgins. 

I would throw a hefty offer at him, because a proven, highly performing RT will let Burrow turn someone into another Higgins. 

IMG_5841.jpeg

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I stand as a reformed Mixon disliker.

Did an excellent job Sunday with Joe working from under center.

And props to the O line.

Speaking of haters... watched Volson in the clips and he looked good.

All we need from them now is consistency 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Agree about needing a 3rd down back. Mixon looked more explosive Sunday than I've seen him in several years. I know he doesn't usually get holes to run through like that, but he looked surprisingly quick to my eyes last Sunday. Had an extra burst that had me rubbing my eyes at one point.

1 hour ago, Elflocko said:

I’m saying this now: In this instance, Jonah Williams >>>>>>>>>> Tee Higgins. 

I would throw a hefty offer at him, because a proven, highly performing RT will let Burrow turn someone into another Higgins. 

IMG_5841.jpeg

I believe I noted this possibility at the start of the year - but I said they may have to sign Johan and pass on a Reader extention. But good on Jonah for playing like he has, lets see how the entire season pans out. If he holds, then he has to be a high if not the highest priority. Keeing JB upright and clean is far more important then who is the DT and who is WR#2. Sorry to those 2 guys but that would be my position.

What would be thr cost to franchise tag Jonah?

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, dex said:

Agree about needing a 3rd down back. Mixon looked more explosive Sunday than I've seen him in several years. I know he doesn't usually get holes to run through like that, but he looked surprisingly quick to my eyes last Sunday. Had an extra burst that had me rubbing my eyes at one point.

Yeah if we can get a 3rd down back so Mix doesnt wear down as the season goes on, and if we can get more consistency from the running game, especially run blocking, this Offense will be scarry.

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I believe I noted this possibility at the start of the year - but I said they may have to sign Johan and pass on a Reader extention. But good on Jonah for playing like he has, lets see how the entire season pans out. If he holds, then he has to be a high if not the highest priority. Keeing JB upright and clean is far more important then who is the DT and who is WR#2. Sorry to those 2 guys but that would be my position.

What would be thr cost to franchise tag Jonah?

I dunno, DJ Reader is a leader in the locker room and makes this defense go. He's able to eat up blocks which makes it hard for teams to double Henderickson. Maybe they can sign both, but I would take Reader over Jonah as he been the more consistent player throughout his tenure with the Bengals. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PatternMaster said:

I dunno, DJ Reader is a leader in the locker room and makes this defense go. He's able to eat up blocks which makes it hard for teams to double Henderickson. Maybe they can sign both, but I would take Reader over Jonah as he been the more consistent player throughout his tenure with the Bengals. 

1000%agree

15 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Ebron hasn't play in almost 2 yrs due to injury.

Hes track record for that is similar to Irv Shit.

His best attribute is blocking.

I don't see them signing him.

That was a dumb tweet, which is saying something...Ebron was an over-drafted TE that did little to nothing while in the NFL and he's been out of the NFL for 2 years, why would anyone think the Bengals are going to consider him?

Ebron was the 10th overall pick and had several opportunities to play and he didn't do much when he was in his prime, a 30-year-old coming off the couch isn't going to do anything but get hurt...