Random 2023 Bengals related stuff

4 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

I was today years old when I learned that T-Dub was gay...cool. 

NGL I'm not, but I was into new wave & then house music so.. 😀 Gay friends, gay siblings.. It's a non-issue for me until people want to treat them as subhuman.

• Upvote 9

6 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I honestly did not mean to stir up this shit storm and the only thing I know and am sure of about T-Dub is that

he's an orange and black bleeding Bengals fan and I am very OK with that and would buy him the liquid beverage

of his choice any time.

Likewise, amigo!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I honestly did not mean to stir up this shit storm and the only thing I know and am sure of about T-Dub is that

he's an orange and black bleeding Bengals fan and I am very OK with that and would buy him the liquid beverage

of his choice any time.

12 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Likewise, amigo!

Let's meet up and have a beer, I'll bring the Bud Light...

:ninja:

• Upvote 3

Nice story here about Emily Parker, I grew up about an hour away from Syracuse so I found all the various connections pretty cool (Lap, Hoard, Parker). She's seems to have done a lot to help modernize and improve communications with the Bengals

41 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Gold Star is for the Westside and Skyline is for the Eastside, makes sense that now that the Bengals are good they switched...lol

:)  As a born and raised Westsider who now lives on the Eastside and also Skyline lover, I cannot agree and you may actually have that backwards.  The original Skyline was on Glenway Ave in the westside (1949) not far from Elder HS...long before GoldStar existed and started in Mt Washington in the eastside (1965).  I'll eat either, but much prefer the taste of Skyline...or Price Hill Chili or Camp Washington Chili or Blue Ash Chili for that matter.  However, I can't argue with T-Dub's point about the lack of Skyline's meatiness vs GoldStar though...true dat.

Actually, I always chuckle about comparisons/preferences with food...there's a reason why ice cream comes in so many flavors...we all have different tastes.  Prolly applies to things other than food too.   :)

J&D here we come  :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

That's a bit surprising. He's a bright guy and was an MBA student at Georgia Tech. You'd think he hasn't blown his career earnings already and could pay and would be wise enough to kick up the money rather than go to jail. 

CINCINNATI (WXIX) - A former Cincinnati Bengals player has been sentenced to six months in jail, according to court records. 

Michael Johnson must spend 180 days in jail, Sports Illustrated reported. 

The sports magazine says that the sentencing is in connection to the former defensive end not paying $96,000 in attorney fees, child support and spousal support to his wife. 

Sports Illustrated reports that his wife and her attorney say Johnson has over $10 million in assets and has not paid the money he owes. 

In 2017, Johnson was the Bengals’ nominee for the Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award. 

He has not played in the NFL since 2018. 

On 4/21/2023 at 4:37 PM, sparky151 said:

That's a bit surprising. He's a bright guy and was an MBA student at Georgia Tech. You'd think he hasn't blown his career earnings already and could pay and would be wise enough to kick up the money rather than go to jail. 

apparently not..

People have dark closets sometomes..

• Like 1

On 4/20/2023 at 3:32 PM, T-Dub said:

Phoenix has a Skyline now, I'll probably end up there eventually if I don't just DIY at home.

Anyone is more than welcome to send me any good DIY Cincy Chili recipes they have.  I have only used the one in an older edition of the Joy of Cooking and it was just OK for me.

• Upvote 1