Keeping our enemies close: 2023

On 10/26/2023 at 12:03 PM, PatternMaster said:

The agent is just doing his job, the Browns were the idiots who agreed to the deal, no one forced them to offer that much money. He's also the same agent for Jessie Bates who we couldn't reach an agreement with, I'm not too confident we will get one done with Higgins either. 

If I remember correctly nobody was offering anything close to that deal. Cleveland desperately threw out a huge number to convince him come.  Cardinals have similar issue but not as bad. 

• Upvote 1

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/Stealers-t-chuks-okorafor-reveals-112655955.html

Stealers T Chuks Okorafor reveals why he was benched by Mike Tomlin

Allison Koehler
Fri, November 3, 2023 at 7:26 AM EDT·1 min read

It came as a surprise on Thursday night when it came out that Pittsburgh Stealers rookie offensive tackle Broderick Jones was getting the start at right tackle over Chuks Okorafor. Okorafor hadn’t been on the injury report that week and his play hadn’t been any more of a concern than that of starting left tackle Dan Moore Jr.

So why the change?

Well, Okorafor told the media why it happened. Sort of. According to Okorafor, when he talked to the press after the game, he was healthy but got benched for some things he said during last week’s loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Okorafor didn’t expand on the context of his comments but said “The way the game was going last week, I kind of said stuff that I shouldn’t say. I just, being in Year 6, I can’t like act out the way I was acting out.”

We can read between the lines here and assume Okorafor was openly criticizing either teammates or coaches during the game about how poorly the offense was playing. While we wouldn’t disagree with Okorafor as last week’s offense was not great, we applaud head coach Mike Tomlin for trying to squash that sort of mutiny in a hurry.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Dissension in the ranks...

Troubles in Squeeley Land.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Why do you think that Duke doesn't deal with trades? Or that other GMs do contract negotiations? 

Duke doesn't do more such as trades because the Brown family are control freaks. They don't want to relinquish control.

2 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Agree to disagree 

Fair enough. For whatever the reason, the Brown family has not relinquished the job of GM to anyone outside the family. The decision not to make a trade this past week (whether that decision is good or bad) is due to Mike and Katie, not Duke. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

Fair enough. For whatever the reason, the Brown family has not relinquished the job of GM to anyone outside the family. The decision not to make a trade this past week (whether that decision is good or bad) is due to Mike and Katie, not Duke. 

Again disagree 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Duke himself has said he doesn't like giving up picks. So I'd suggest he has more control than you think he does.

13 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Maybe because he sucks?

At what?

Drafting Olinemen which seems to be a  leage  wide thing.

He's hit big on the other units.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

So, if I’m reading this correctly…the Bengals didn’t do what you wish they would've at the trade deadline and because you didn’t get your way, that means it must be mean’ole Mike’s fault?

Too funny. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Does it seem like the Squeels are getting ready to implode?

Chucky Odorafor criticizing the coaches?

Thugg Life Gangsta Wannabe losers Pickins and Porter

soft wussies?  Overrated Prima Donnas?

Kenny Picksix more a problem than a solution?

Fire Tomlin signs?

Hmmmm...

None of this breaks my heart. 💔

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

JOKE OF THE DAY

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-continues-hand-ridiculous-fines-135836274.html

NFL continues to hand out ridiculous fines to :pissing:Stealers

Another week and another series of ridiculous fines levied against the Pittsburgh Stealers for doing nothing more than playing(good ol' Stiller) football. In two separate weeks, the league basically stole the game checks of running back Jaylen Warren for what they deemed illegal plays although neither drew a flag.

The latest victims of being fleeced by the NFL are safety Damontae Kazee and EDGE T.J. Watt. Kazee drew two fines from last week’s game against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Both were for unnecessary roughness, both for just playing football and both were $11,806 each.

Meanwhile, EDGE T.J. Watt was fined $16.391 for a hit on Jaguars quarterback Trevor Lawrence. The video is everywhere and I encourage you to watch it and see if you think Watt did anything wrong. Spoilers: He didn’t.

Then finally to add insult to injury. the hit on quarterback Kenny Pickett that injured his ribs only drew a $7,167 fine for Jacksonville defensive end Adam Gotsis. They deemed the hit Watt had was worthy of a fine more than double but the film tells another story.

:24: :24::24::24::24::24:

• Upvote 2