Arizona Desert Birds Week

Im trying to think of a reason they'd run JB out there again other than the loss of pride & potential revenue in admitting the season might already be a wash 4 games in.

They're going to risk his ability to play long term, after signing a quarter billion dollar extension, for what? 

Trying to convince myself they don't intend to just ride him into the ground. Show us there's a bigger goal than selling lots of jerseys.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Im trying to think of a reason they'd run JB out there again other than the loss of pride & potential revenue in admitting the season might already be a wash 4 games in.

They're going to risk his ability to play long term, after signing a quarter billion dollar extension, for what? 

Trying to convince myself they don't intend to just ride him into the ground. Show us there's a bigger goal than selling lots of jerseys.

Burrow should sit just like he should have sat last Sunday.

What it all comes down to is what Burrow tells Coach Taylor to do.

• Upvote 1

I watched the Niners/Cards game yesterday. Yeah, the final score indicated a blowout but the Cards are a scrappy team and Dobbs can move the ball passing and with his legs. This is going to be a challenge, especially away. Bengals lose this one and it's essentially over.

42 minutes ago, Griever said:

I watched the Niners/Cards game yesterday. Yeah, the final score indicated a blowout but the Cards are a scrappy team and Dobbs can move the ball passing and with his legs. This is going to be a challenge, especially away. Bengals lose this one and it's essentially over.

100% - didn't see it yesterday but they beat Dallas soundly the week prior. Scrappy is a good word, especially on defense. Not a lot of big names, but they are fast and they'll hit you. Offensively, Dobbs has a decent arm and he can escape and run - had a 40+ yard run in the Dallas game. 

Guys like Hollywood Brown, Rondale More, James Conner and Zach Ertz. All vets who still have something. Conner runs hard, as we've seen from when he was in Pittsburgh. 

Especailly given how poorly the Bengals have played, they've gotta come ready from the jump. 

• Upvote 1

Hello all - I've had some personal stuff to deal with for a bit - and the bengals are not helping. I am in fire everyone mode, even though that is not practical. Hope you all are well. 

PS- Burrow should have been put on IR after week 1. This is stupid management of the situation. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, membengal said:

Hello all - I've had some personal stuff to deal with for a bit - and the bengals are not helping. I am in fire everyone mode, even though that is not practical. Hope you all are well. 

PS- Burrow should have been put on IR after week 1. This is stupid management of the situation. 

Hope everything is ok.

The bolded section is what stings the most. Had Burrow been shelved until the bye or the first four weeks or whatever, we may have lost all those games, we may have even lucked into a win. We'll never know.

But what we do know is we are in a 1-3 hole ANYWAYS and Burrow STILL isn't healthy. Him being out there during the 4th qtr yesterday getting pummeled made me turn off the TV and storm out to do yard work.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

... Total trap bet. Vegas will make a killing when the Bengals win by 10. 

Not a bad call with A.J. "Better than an Injured Burrow" McCarron throwing to Ja'Marr "I'm always fucking open. (no cynicism)" Chase and Yoshi as a place holder until Tee returns.

Edit and afterthought... I'm going to Hard Rock this afternoon and putting $10 on the Red Ratbirds to win because I'm always wrong.  I actually felt good going into yesterday's game. Oh, dopey me.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Griever said:

Watched them beat the Cowboys.

They are not going to rollover.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

But we might....

At this point teams know that Joe is not mobile and are going to tee off and continue to send the house to get him.

If they are going to insist on playing him then they need to start running the ball ALOT more and maybe start doing some Jumbo packages. 

• Upvote 1

Serious question... If a player, say Joe and/or Tee, is put on IR I think it is for a minimum of four... games or weeks?

And is there a maximum number of players a team can bring off of IR?

Afterthought... let's see if Irv Smith Jr goes on IR and they bring Hudson up full time.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Serious question... If a player, say Joe and/or Tee, is put on IR I think it is for a minimum of four... games or weeks?

And is there a maximum number of players a team can bring off of IR?

Afterthought... let's see if Irv Smith Jr goes on IR and they bring Hudson up full time.

4 games I think

4 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Burrow should sit just like he should have sat last Sunday.

What it all comes down to is what Burrow tells Coach Taylor to do.

They're going to ride him into the ground so they don't have to admit he's been carrying them the whole time. Then when he can't play they've still got an excuse.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Griever said:

Can't scheme when your playbook is damn near cut in half due to his limited mobility.

I think JB has only taken a handful of snaps from under center this year.

He can't throw deep, even when there are 8 in the box and his receivers have single man coverage.

Everyone knows this.

• Upvote 1