The Way Too Early 2024 Draft Thread

23 hours ago, gupps said:

Not saying you are wrong, but eventually they are going to have to start hitting on oline draft picks. Can't keep signing adequate to good linemen and expect to have enough money left to improve other areas. I want our first 4 pick to be split between olinemen and dtackles (of course i fully expect to be very disappointed come April).

It's better to draft well than draft poorly but my suggestion doesn't depend on finding gems on day 3. Use an early pick at an important position and hedge it with a decent veteran. I don't want them to use their first 4 picks on linemen in hopes they hit the lottery. 

• Upvote 1

I like the idea of pairing together college teammates ... and so do the Bengals I guess --> Burrow/Chase, Pratt/Hill, Dax/Turner, OBj/Mixon. 

So why not get both of Texas' DTs and fully fix the interior of the DL? (Especially as I think Reader won't be back). I think Byron Murphy II will shoot up draft boards once testing begins as he's an athletic freak. Then you get the teammate of Dax and DJ as well for the slot, or you could even try Sainristil at SS and move Dax to the slot. 

IMG_20240115_225755.jpg

^ Here is a potential first 3 rounds to fix the defense. This is assuming they tag Tee and resign Jonah or sign another RT in free agency. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

I like the idea of pairing together college teammates ... and so do the Bengals I guess --> Burrow/Chase, Pratt/Hill, Dax/Turner, OBj/Mixon. 

So why not get both of Texas' DTs and fully fix the interior of the DL? (Especially as I think Reader won't be back). I think Byron Murphy II will shoot up draft boards once testing begins as he's an athletic freak. Then you get the teammate of Dax and DJ as well for the slot, or you could even try Sainristil at SS and move Dax to the slot. 

IMG_20240115_225755.jpg

^ Here is a potential first 3 rounds to fix the defense. This is assuming they tag Tee and resign Jonah or sign another RT in free agency. 

Like to get Sweat in 2..

Oline still the priority..

Watching all these young TEs looking good .

TE Brock Bowers would be good

Doubt he's there.

• Upvote 2

Just for kicks - did 7 rounds on https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/mock-draft-simulator

no clue how they do their rankings...

18 J.C. Latham OT | Alabama A+

49 Ja'Tavion Sanders TE | Texas A

80 Jackson Powers-Johnson IOL | Oregon A

115 Cole Bishop S | Utah A

147 Marist Liufau LB | Notre Dame A

174 Bryson Nesbit TE | North Carolina B+

195 Fentrell Cypress CB | Florida State A+

234 Michael Wiley RB | Arizona A+

251 Storm Duck CB | Penn State C

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BBR said:

Just for kicks - did 7 rounds on https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/mock-draft-simulator

no clue how they do their rankings...

18 J.C. Latham OT | Alabama A+

49 Ja'Tavion Sanders TE | Texas A

80 Jackson Powers-Johnson IOL | Oregon A

115 Cole Bishop S | Utah A

147 Marist Liufau LB | Notre Dame A

174 Bryson Nesbit TE | North Carolina B+

195 Fentrell Cypress CB | Florida State A+

234 Michael Wiley RB | Arizona A+

251 Storm Duck CB | Penn State C

Glad you got Storm Duck.

The name is to good to resist..😎

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, sparky151 said:

It's better to draft well than draft poorly but my suggestion doesn't depend on finding gems on day 3. Use an early pick at an important position and hedge it with a decent veteran. I don't want them to use their first 4 picks on linemen in hopes they hit the lottery. 

I want them to do both.  One solid OL & DL starter would be an excellent draft & they'd both get plenty of playing time.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JC said:

I wouldn’t. But the Bengals showed us how much they valued tight end this past year by booting it in free agency and ignoring it in the draft. 

Many young TEs playing well

Like to see us have one.

I like Hudson and he could prove to be a very good extra weapon

• Upvote 1

Mid Round Sleeper Pick...

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/TreVeyon-Henderson-RB-OhioState

OSU Running Back TreVeyon Henderson

Pretty obvious our current Treyveon is gone.

This guy would be a good replacement and cap saver over Joe Mixon.

Younger, cheaper, good grades as a blocker.

Get Mixon out of here and add the cap savings to the Sign Tee pool.

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

Treveyon Henderson is pretty much the same back that Chase Brown is. Don’t need two of them. Get a bigger more physical back to replace Mixon…Braelon Allen would do nicely. 

Would be fun to have a power RB. They need guys with fresh legs and more importantly blockers.. how is that optional? How tf do they let a guy that won't block start at the position? Because he smiles a lot?

Makes no sense to me.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Mid Round Sleeper Pick...

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/TreVeyon-Henderson-RB-OhioState

OSU Running Back TreVeyon Henderson

Pretty obvious our current Treyveon is gone.

This guy would be a good replacement and cap saver over Joe Mixon.

Younger, cheaper, good grades as a blocker.

Get Mixon out of here and add the cap savings to the Sign Tee pool.

Announced last week he's returning to THE 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Bengals do need a power back with some speed to pair with Brown. I like Audric Estime in round 4 or later but Braelon Allen would be fine too. 

I like both of the above, and I'll wash my mouth out with soap after saying this, but I would love to have Blake Corum. We seem to do well with little "fireplug" types, (Brooks, Bernard?) and at 5'8" 210, he kind of fits that mold? JMHO

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, MOC said:

I like both of the above, and I'll wash my mouth out with soap after saying this, but I would love to have Blake Corum. We seem to do well with little "fireplug" types, (Brooks, Bernard?) and at 5'8" 210, he kind of fits that mold? JMHO

Did you wash it out yet?

Not another lil guy..

21 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Pressure guys always welcome. That said, I look for Myles Murphy to continue to develop and I don't now WTF happened with Ossai, but I still think he's really talented.  I don't love Hubbard as a pass rusher but I think he played hurt a lot this past season - high ankle sprain and all. 

If it were me, I'd focus on upgrading OL and interior DL early in the draft, and I wouldn't object to DB at all either. 

Brugler in his 2-round mock had Mims (T) as the Bengals' #1 and then they had WR Ladd McConkey in round 2. McConkey is really interesting... hella fast, tough kid who can retiurn kicks, too. Seems to get hurt a lot though. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

We just drafted Murphy can we let him show something before we start talking about getting another DE. 

True but DE is part of the DL - and you can NEVER have enough DL or OL. Period. Someone posted a few days ago we need to see how FA falls, pehaps we solidify the DT spot with FA and then if a goos DE is avaiable at the 18 spot we take him. I have no issue with that. Hubbard and Trey are probably both a bit over used and having good young backups would help them as well. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

True but DE is part of the DL - and you can NEVER have enough DL or OL. Period. Someone posted a few days ago we need to see how FA falls, pehaps we solidify the DT spot with FA and then if a goos DE is avaiable at the 18 spot we take him. I have no issue with that. Hubbard and Trey are probably both a bit over used and having good young backups would help them as well. 

5 minutes ago, spicoli said:

You can never have enough pass rushers. 

The bigger need is getting that pass rush from the inside.

• Upvote 2