10 hours ago, Cricket said:

Pink phone is obviously for Breast Awareness.  

:whistle:  

My son had a baseball teammate one year who was only there because his friends were playing. He was a scrawny kid who knew nothing about the game and actually wore sandals to one practice. He used to wear a pink T-shirt that said “Real men wear pink “. He wound up winning a world title in Shuai Jiao when he was only 18.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

My father did that in 1944–except he was 22 the year before, and was co-piloting B-17’s while dodging flak and Messerschmitts. 

My father did that in 1944, but he was an 18 year old guiding a minesweeper across the Pacific. Being the efficient person he was, he got it to its destination ahead of schedule. He was a Navy cartographer who spent his spare time plotting ways back to Louisville using only waterways. I used to call him the human Mapquest.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Shebengal said:

My father did that in 1944, but he was an 18 year old guiding a minesweeper across the Pacific. Being the efficient person he was, he got it to its destination ahead of schedule. He was a Navy cartographer who spent his spare time plotting ways back to Louisville using only waterways. I used to call him the human Mapquest.

Salute to him. That was some dangerous duty. And unlike today’s 18 year olds, who are more concerned with x-boxes. 

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Salute to him. That was some dangerous duty. And unlike today’s 18 year olds, who are more concerned with x-boxes. 

They’ll make great drone pilots though. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, spicoli said:

They’ll make great drone pilots though. 

True story: while working in Las Vegas 7 years ago, I was having my usual Friday post-work brew at a brewpub near my house on the western edge of the Valley. Got to shooting the breeze with this younger fellow next to me. He was in the Air Force and stationed at Creech AFB north of LV. Turns out the young guy was a drone “pilot”—with assets worldwide. He was, understandably, vague about just what and where targets were, but did mention that “drivers” at Creech and other Drone operations were generally around 30 yrs of age. 

Gave me a new understanding of the skills needed for this kind of warfare—and respect for the young soldiers who perform them. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, sparky151 said:

image.thumb.png.33a0b4a4d9e41e4b49be9e93b875e444.png

I hope Bowers doesn't make it to 18 TBH (nothing personal). I think they have waybigger problems than TE and don't want them to be tempted.

16 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Mock April 1.png

This is the draft I dream about.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

😳 ... If the first 3 picks went this way I would need to go on IR with 2 broken wrists and the first known case of carpel tunnel dick.

I don't see Paul being available at 80 but wouldn't be too surprised if Bowers is on the board at 18 and think Sweat is very likely to be available at 49. I don't think Beebe or Johnson will fall as far as PFF has them. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/30/2024 at 11:27 AM, sparky151 said:

No chance Fiske lasts until 80.  He's clearly the third 3T behind Murphy and Newton. 

I'm in a 32 GM mock at another site and so far have:

1 Amarius Mims

2 Ja'Tavion Sanders (Sweat went the pick in front of me, grr)

3a Devontez Walker

3b Kris Abrams-Draine

5 McKinnley Jackson

5 Audric Estime

We're in late 5th round at present. I offered Tee in trade to Giants and Panthers for their NTs but no takers. 

The rest of the Bengals picks in the 32 GM mock were:

6A Jaden Crumedy

6B Marist Liufau

7A Matt Lee

7B Evan Anderson

• Upvote 1

Bowers is a stud. Jermaine Burton might also be one as well and could be had in the third if they’re willing to risk the potential attitude issues.

• Upvote 1

On 4/1/2024 at 8:46 AM, Griever said:

that pff show/podcast is so fucking terrible.

its so so so so bad

i keep trying it out and its so worthless. just dudes looking at average data sheets and acting like they have in depth analysis and knowledge of everything.

they absolutely fucking suck and also act smug as fuck. i hate them so much.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/lists/2024-nfl-mock-draft-bengals-trade-shakeup-caleb-williams-jerzhan-newton/

I promised myself to quit looking at this thread but...

Here's a trade down mock.  Trading down a little for extra picks would not surprise me.

Trade with Tampa... We give picks 18 and 80... we get picks 26, 57 and a 2025 2nd rounder.

Pick Jer'Zhan Johnny Newton. DL Illinois

I'd like it.  Ain't gonna happen but I'd like it.

• Upvote 1