5 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

What BAC did Sweat blow? Big difference between the .08 minimum for DUI and a .15 or higher. It's weird that he blew it on Sunday afternoon, was he really wasted from Saturday night and thought he was good to drive?

Perhaps a small observation, but Austin news says he was “booked into Travis County Jail at 2:12pm…”, but that he was “arrested overnight”. 

That would make more sense. A person can be arrested for suspicion, but not charged/booked until later. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Paul Brown passed on Dan Marino when there reports that Marino smoked rope.

Paul Brown said that Dan Marino would never win a Super Bowl. 🥷

• Upvote 1

What does this mean for his draft stock?

Despite an All-American 2023 season, Sweat entered the draft process with several questions to answer in NFL team interviews. According to a team source, he was up front with teams about his “partying” as an underclassman and made it a point of emphasis to teams that it was all in the past.

A DWI charge three weeks before draft weekend obviously won’t help give NFL teams confidence about his off-field decision-making and focus. Because of these concerns, Sweat is a very hard player to project in the NFL Draft. Based on feedback from teams, my best guess is he will still be available as we start day three of the NFL Draft in the fourth round. — Dane Brugler, national NFL writer

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Perhaps a small observation, but Austin news says he was “booked into Travis County Jail at 2:12pm…”, but that he was “arrested overnight”. 

That would make more sense. A person can be arrested for suspicion, but not charged/booked until later. 

Yes, the news feeds now say the uincident occurred at 4:41 AM but he was charged at 2 pm

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Based on feedback from teams, my best guess is he will still be available as we start day three of the NFL Draft in the fourth round. — Dane Brugler, national NFL writer

No way Sweat makes it to Day 3 as the Bengals have two picks in the 3rd Rd and if they pass him up twice with no NT on the roster, then its malpractice. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

No way Sweat makes it to Day 3 as the Bengals have two picks in the 3rd Rd and if they pass him up twice with no NT on the roster, then its malpractice. 

Wouldn't be the first time #DawanJones

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Despite an All-American 2023 season, Sweat entered the draft process with several questions to answer in NFL team interviews. According to a team source, he was up front with teams about his “partying” as an underclassman and made it a point of emphasis to teams that it was all in the past.

A DWI charge three weeks before draft weekend obviously won’t help give NFL teams confidence about his off-field decision-making and focus. Because of these concerns, Sweat is a very hard player to project in the NFL Draft. Based on feedback from teams, my best guess is he will still be available as we start day three of the NFL Draft in the fourth round. — Dane Brugler, national NFL writer

He won't be in the 3rd.

Bengals best take him ,Rd 2..

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

He won't be in the 3rd.

Bengals best take him ,Rd 2..

I could easily see the Bengals decide if Sweat drops to 80, they'll take him there and if he's gone, they're no worse off than if he'd been off the board at 49 pre-DUI. They will have backup plans to draft a NT. 

• Upvote 1

That actually doesn’t look too bad. I had mentioned that I heard Wilson on the radio the other day, and was impressed by his demeanor and (apparent) urge to keep improving. Not the big receiver type, but in looking at his film, he has very good speed, explodes out of routes and has the factor you want in any receiver: catches the ball. Doesn’t look wiry either—more bulk than you may think. 

Might mean Patch-an-Offensive-Line for another season, but…

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JC said:

Estime. Comp pick?

Absolutely.  My favorite skill position prospect for us outside of Bowers (who it's very doubtful we get). Estime is a very solid, powerful north/south runner. He has great patience, vision, instinct, and explosiveness even when there's seemingly not much there in the way of run lanes. If his skills translate to the NFL, he'd be an excellent pick up. I like Moss, but I'd be ecstatic to add this guy. I know it's a passing league. I also know we have an extremely potent passing offense, but we can't keep lining up in no back sets on gotta have it downs for 3 yards. I think we become unstoppable with a legit run threat.

FWIW, which isn’t much, Mel Kiper is predicting 7 WRs will be selected in Round 1, and 8 WRs will be selected in Round 2.  

Seems like a lot of WRs…almost one out of every four picks. 😳

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

That actually doesn’t look too bad. I had mentioned that I heard Wilson on the radio the other day, and was impressed by his demeanor and (apparent) urge to keep improving. Not the big receiver type, but in looking at his film, he has very good speed, explodes out of routes and has the factor you want in any receiver: catches the ball. Doesn’t look wiry either—more bulk than you may think. 

Might mean Patch-an-Offensive-Line for another season, but…

he was dynamic on offense for Michigan… IMO their most explosive offensive player. Consistently made plays for them and he’s tough, too. Isn’t afraid to mix it up or shy away from contact. Really like him and he can play inside or outside. 

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, spicoli said:

I don't mind the Murphy pick but ffs why can't we replace Tee next year? Or maybe use Yoshi or Jones?

• Upvote 1