The Beautiful, the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, KC Edition

Can we trade for Robbie Gould or something since the Bears are cleaning house. Also gotta say we got a nice break with how tje schedule worked out. Both KC and Seattle traveling to Cincinnati after playing a Monday night game. If we can continue winning I see no reason not to give Burfict more time getting ready. No reason to rush him back. Feel pretty good right now keeping Charles and Kelce out of the endzone with our linebackers.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Sounds like you guys had some fun. Love the lactating whiskey line. 

If Dalton and the offense keep coming out on fire and staking us to early leads, we are going to have a hell of a season. Because this defensive line with the ability to pin their ears back is going to be hell for opposing offenses to deal with.

And if Vontaze is actually himself when he comes back midseason...it could be a special year...

Finally finished the DVR game. No more sunday weddings lol

The Good

Andy Dalton is throwing it to everyone, even guys who could have contributed more last season had they been used.

Oline, just mauling fools

Dline, both against the pass and the run

Jeremey and Gio combo

Malaluga 

Red zone D 

The Bad

Whoever's job it was to cover Maclin

The Ugly

Marvin Jones' drop, that was a catchable ball imo

Big test next week, Feels good to be 4-0 for the first time in 10 years. I almost want to remove my fire Mavin avatar, but I dont want to jinx it either. lol

What if I want Manicotti?

Take that, too.

BTW... The Good, Bad and Ugly about Marvin yesterday

The Good was going for the two points... I didn't see that coming and, quite honestly, did not know what was going on.  When they lined up for it I though "was he short getting in?"  And the cluster hump that followed with penalties and the refs call were baffling.  But... all's well that ends well and I thought that was an excellent move.

The Bad and Ugly was not so much what he did do but he looked completely clueless (as usual) on the sidelines.  There were times and calls when I thought he should have been on the refs (pass interferences on Eifert and A.J.) and bizarre calls but he just stood there with his arms folded.  Also, they were out of time outs well before the end of the first half although he did lose one on a challenge that went against him.  I think there was a delay of game penalty after a time out, too, but I thought maybe the refs had not re-set the clock, which also should have been noted.  They got away with it, again, but it is going to bite them in the ass sometime.

As for the game...

The Good (along with the excellent insight and input of others before): The return of Jeremy Hill

Brandon Tate made the best play of his Bengal career from breaking the route to bail Andy out when he saw him scrambling to having the wherewithal to get up and go in when he realized he had not been touched down.

Peko had another excellent game with two sacks.

Holding the Chefs without a touchdown.  Excellent performance in the red zone.

The Bad...

Allowing Jaamal Charles to run wild like Steve Quiff the week before.  They could not stop the wide receiver screen often with Leon Hall being pushed out of the play.

I don't think Kansas City punted until the second half.  Their place kicker was crazy town.  His kickoffs were going through the uprights.  He's a shoo in for the special teams player of the week.

The penalties although I think several were total bull pucky or blown by the refs who also blew.

The penalties although I think several were total bull pucky or blown by the refs who also blew.

Blame Amish. A good way into the game he turns to me and says "They haven't called a single penalty yet, have they? No they haven't". That very play they called a penalty, and made shitty calls the rest of the game. The call on the 2 point conversion was the worst call of the game, by far...

The Beautiful

- O-line dominance once again

- Andy carving things up - just compare him to the other top QBs statistically, he has a slightly lower completion percentage (67% to 70-75% for the top) but has WAY more long plays than any of them.  He's really playing at an elite level right now.

- Tate with the catch of his life

The Good

- D-line play (although hampered by terrible refs)

- RB duo

- Stepping up in the third quarter (instead of waiting until the fourth)

- Darqueze coming in and acquitting himself quite well

- Peko getting involved in the pass rush

The Bad

- Tackling issues again

The Ugly

- Nuge

- Horrible refereeing

This game should have seen the Bengals absolutely crush the Chiefs; the refs basically kept them in the game by being one-sided and chincy.  The fumble that was upheld I think was correct, despite what Carey said - you couldn't see the ball obviously popping out, but *you couldn't see definitive possession either*.  The latter is *required* to overturn the call.  Even the slightest movement implies the ball was coming out and you couldn't rule that out on any angle available on TV.

Charles shreds every defense. It's not like we gave up 200 yards to the guy. He had an average game for his standards. 

This is the second year in a row I have had him on my fantasy team and all he does is score points. 

Vegas Whiskey is pretty tasty.  Knobs Creek pretty good too.  Too many bottles to count...  Go-Bengals get together, Elf, CincyinDC , the mysterious lurker, Amish, Bengal Ken, khwiii, the variety of women who indulge and partake in the madness, yes... Pictures too.  Thanks again to all for the fantastic time.  Amish, thanks again for the cool bar and food.

Where the hell are they? 

I only had South Carolina really-legal moonshine this weekend. In the rain. 

Some folks have all the fun. 

The Great:

Play calling and execution thereof.

Dalton playing like the player that few of us, including me, thought he could.   Finally getting a great feel for the deep ball.   No WTF throws. 

Hill/Gio  Thunder/Lightening

OL:  keeping AD clean and winning the line.

DL:  Their relentlessness...something for which we have been praying for decades.  Rotation seems to be keeping everyone fresh. 

The Good: 

DB's

Second half adjustment to cover the Chef's flat receiver.

B. Tate:  He keeps giving us reasons keep him.  he comes up with a few clutch catches every year and provides stability  on ST.  Every year we want him replaced and every year he makes us say "Glad we kept him".

The Bad:

Still too many penalties

Marvin J:   His turn to have a bad game.   Jeremy took his tun against SD.  Tyler against Da Boids.  MJ yest.   One of his assets is his great hands, so dropping the TD bomb very bizarre.

Nuge:   Well, he IS  allowed to miss one every once  in a while.  Except for Carolina last year, he makes 'em when we really need em--with the game on the line.

Vinnie Ray:   needs to be a ST/backup only:  how much more do the coaches have to see before  Dawson gets his shot.

Archived