Dalton hurt, likely to play Sunday against Broncos

[quote name='Ron~Popeil' timestamp='1315798665' post='1029922']
I think Grad is fine as a back up. I am just happy to be on the other side of one of his unlikely wins. How many times did he beat us with one or two good plays after looking awful most of the game?
[/quote]

Twice, once as a Buc and once as a Raider

[quote name='Bgal' timestamp='1315794889' post='1029889']
The Raiders' fans next to me were all rooting for Grad and sad the Raiders didn't keep him. He's a gamer for sure and easy to like if you're not a miserable asshole.
[/quote]

Yah that's the way it is in Norcal.. Raider fans LOVE Grad. He is a good guy.. Not the best football player but there was a reason Raider fans liked him.

[quote name='Ron~Popeil' timestamp='1315799149' post='1029925']

Yep, the Tampa game was so frustrating. As I recall that last drive was extended because the referee thought Justin Smith tackled him too hard.

Ah memories......
[/quote]

Yeap, worst roughing the passer call ever. Pretty sure had we won that one, we would have made the playoffs too. Along with a number of games.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' timestamp='1315799230' post='1029926']

Yeap, worst roughing the passer call ever. Pretty sure had we won that one, we would have made the playoffs too. Along with a number of games.
[/quote]

That was the year we really had to work at staying home for the playoffs. We might struggle this year with such a young team but I really like the vibe I get from this team without all the circus sideshows and egos.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1315794838' post='1029888'] LOL. I could have thrown the ball to a wide open AJ Green. Dumped a short screen off to Leonard and handed the ball off to Benson. Seriously. Everyone could see how bad he was when he was in the game. If he's starting for us, we aren't going to be very good. I thought Jerome Simpson played bad. Still to hell with me? lololol[/quote]

No you couldn't have.. Really... No you couldn't....

[quote name='Gary' timestamp='1315799109' post='1029924']

Yah that's the way it is in Norcal.. Raider fans LOVE Grad. He is a good guy.. Not the best football player but there was a reason Raider fans liked him.
[/quote]

After the JeMarcus Russell deal, I'm sure they did love Gradkowski.

When do you think we will findout what the MRI showed? If he was getting it last night, I figured we would have known already. I don't know if that's a good or bad sign, but from the looks of it, it seemed like nothing too serious, just hope it's not something that lingers on from week to week

[quote name='BScott28' timestamp='1315828426' post='1029966']
When do you think we will findout what the MRI showed? If hebeas getting it last night, I figured we would have known already. I don't know if that's a good or bad sign, but from the looks of it, it seemed like nothing too serious, just hope it's not something that lingers on from week to week
[/quote]

MRI was done last night - we'll see what can be gleaned from it. To get a good read on it, swelling needs to be minimal. Assuming that was the case, we're probably going to be kept in the dark until Weds when first injury report comes out.

Now, if he wakes up today and it's size of a softball we may be in trouble.

Following Sunday’s game, Andy Dalton said that he lost feeling in his right wrist after a second-quarter hit by Cleveland’s Phil Taylor, which is why he didn’t play the second half.

During a postgame interview, Dalton did not have ice on the wrist but he is hopeful of playing next week against Denver.

“It’s fine. I just lost a little feeling and couldn’t grip it like I wanted to,” he said. “If I could have griped the ball I would have stayed in the game. The plan is to play. I’m going to come in and do whatever I can to make it better.”

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2011/09/11/dalton-hopeful-of-playing-next-week/

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1315845314' post='1030121'] no, though I expect him to be a colt by the end of the day. Garrard's never played in a west coast offense to my knowledge. I just don't see him as a fit here, and he isn't that good to begin with.[/quote]

He's supposedly in talk with the Dolphins.

Archived