Chargers Week Notes Part Deux

KC was on the road. Sat 20/ 22 starters and still should have won the game. Kicker missed a gimme.
San Diego is soft ! We win this easily. No excuses

I think our offense should be able to score high 20s against them, or maybe 30s.

Id be shocked if our D let them put up more than low to mid 20s.

The biggest key will be not turning the ball over and not allowing defensive/ST tds. If we can play relatively clean, we should win IMO.

Everything looks perfect for us here, but don't forget this is a team riding a 4 game win streak, second longest in the NFL after sf. They won't be a push over

That said, they are exactly the team I wanted us to play going into this week, assuming no bye

Yeah, and one of those was the Broncos, in Denver. Not a guaranteed win. I don't think Marvin and co are taking it as lightly as some here though.

No sweat. Gonna be a easy bengals victory. I'm not looking ahead but this game should be a walk in the park. especially how draining todays game must have been for them.

Dude haven't you learned from all of our playoff games under Marvin lol

Nothing is guaranteed. But it looks good on paper.

I know, but it'll be 10 in the morning to those homos

It's not like their plane going to land in Cincy at 9 am that Sunday lol

no guarantee, but a west coast team going east is always tough. combine that with a warm weather team playing in the cold, and u have a double wammy. they did beat denver......but they easily should have lost today. we protect the ball and we will win.

Its still 10 in the morning, fuck face. 3 hours isn't a huge deal, but its something that has to be taken into consideration as much as them being a warm weather team coming into a potentially wet and freezing cold cincy.

Its still 10 in the morning, fuck face. 3 hours isn't a huge deal, but its something that has to be taken into consideration as much as them being a warm weather team coming into a potentially wet and freezing cold cincy.

Yeah.  They are losing three hours as well as finishing their game about three hours later than we did.  Its a little bit of a gift.  Six hours of recovery isn't a lot, but it doesn't hurt.

LMAO

Little bitch and Steelers fan Mike Florio on NBC crying about a missed penalty for having 7 guys on one side of the LOS on the Succup miss, and had they called it it would have been 5 yards closer and he would have made it and the steelers would be in.

Don't forget " I don't see a dominant defense in the AFC"...... #3 isn't dominant enough.

Yeah, I dont know why they just act like our defense isn't shit lol. They've proved it all season long without 2 of the best in the league in their positions. Oh well. Hope they break some fucking windpipes.

That Florio shit was just disgusting. gtfo dude lol

Sounds like Alex Smith possibly has a broken wrist by reading the tea leaves.  Comes off the field holding arm gingerly, Marvin says he doesn't think he will be available next week.  I imagine this opens the door for Pressley to come back.  Hope so.  Wouldn't be surprised if they brought some punters in tomorrow, as well.  

I must have missed something. Aren't Eifert and Gresham going to be full go next week? And punters? Why would we bring in punters?

I think they stick with powell. Id be shocked if marvin brought in a brand new punter to play his first game of the year in a playoff game. Especially when we use the punter as a holder too.

Powell is the punter and the holder. He's not getting shitcanned after one bad punt.

A 10 yard punt is inexcusable.

Yeah, but so is four INT's. Are we bringing in a new QB to try out to beat out Dalton before the SD game?

:35:

Everything looks perfect for us here, but don't forget this is a team riding a 4 game win streak, second longest in the NFL after sf. They won't be a push over

That said, they are exactly the team I wanted us to play going into this week, assuming no bye

You wanted Miami. Admit it.

Yeah for some reason lots of the "experts" don't give our D much credit at all. The NFL radio guys make mention all the time about there not being strong D in the AFC playoffs.....and then has to be reminded about the Bengals.

I really think some analysts discount the Bengals defense because injuries have knocked out the two best players on that of the ball.

Always happy to see the divisional rivals lose, but I still think the Chargers are better than either the Ravens or Steelers. The Chargers also have probably the two best road wins within the AFC...first against the Chiefs(at full strength) and then the Broncos. Both of them in cold weather cities, BTW. They haven't been typical west coast teams going into cold weather towns against the better AFC teams.

Always happy to see the divisional rivals lose, but I still think the Chargers are better than either the Ravens or Steelers. The Chargers also have probably the two best road wins within the AFC...first against the Chiefs(at full strength) and then the Broncos. Both of them in cold weather cities, BTW. They haven't been typical west coast teams going into cold weather towns against the better AFC teams.

True, but to put that in perspective, Cincinnati beat San Diego in what was essentially a defensive slugfest 17-10, in their own house, and they (the Chargers) had full strength plus the benefits of southern CA--temp were mid 70s if I remember correctly.

It's not gonna be Freezer Bowl 2, but it's gonna be cold, and regardless of what people want to say, the cold is gonna be a factor.  We know Cincinnati's gonna be affected, but them's the breaks.  San Diego is gonna have to deal.

We should win, but like any other playoff game, it's gonna be close as hell.

True, but to put that in perspective, Cincinnati beat San Diego in what was essentially a defensive slugfest 17-10, in their own house, and they (the Chargers) had full strength plus the benefits of southern CA--temp were mid 70s if I remember correctly.

For some reason, I remember that game being an easy win. I don't know why.

Archived