The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly - Ravens, game 2

The Good

After calling these guys out for their lack of heart, they came right up and manned up, hopefully its the start of getting back to being dominate

Andy Dalton responding after almost costing us the game

Mohammad Sanu and his circus catches

Greg Little

The Bad

3rd down D in the 1st quarter

The Ugly

Andre Smith

Andy Dalton's fumble

I'd venture to say Hue almost cost us the game. We are up 6 and in FG range so we run some ridiculously horrible play call that immediately puts our QB in the worst possible position. He should have just fallen and taken the sack (taking us out of FG range), but he tried to attempt to throw it away so he could keep us in FG range. We should have NEVER been throwing in that situation anyways. Run the ball, run the clock and attempt the FG to go up 2 scores late.

Little looked solid. It's funny after last week everyone wanted him gone. Dalton was money today and so was Sanu. Defense Atkins and Dunlap were good.

Bad. Lemur and Reys run defense. They are horrible. Put in Johnson and take out Rey. Huge disappointment this year.

They need Brandon Thompson badly. He is the new Pat Sims. Run D blows without him and it hurts the pass rush as well.

I'd venture to say Hue almost cost us the game. We are up 6 and in FG range so we run some ridiculously horrible play call that immediately puts our QB in the worst possible position. He should have just fallen and taken the sack (taking us out of FG range), but he tried to attempt to throw it away so he could keep us in FG range. We should have NEVER been throwing in that situation anyways. Run the ball, run the clock and attempt the FG to go up 2 scores late.

I'd venture to say our QB and not our OC made that fumble.

That second throw to Sanu looked like a wild shot but it was just a great throw where only he could get it and just a ridiculous catch by Sanu. He's proving to be a goddamn stud

He seems more blessed than damned to me.

I'd venture to say our QB and not our OC made that fumble.

Did you miss the whole point? Which was pretty valid. It was a poor decision to try to throw, but a sketchy play call. Also a poor decision to scramble back under pressure instead of stepping up and getting what he could get since he was already screwed at that point.

Did you miss the whole point? Which was pretty valid. It was a poor decision to try to throw, but a sketchy play call. Also a poor decision to scramble back under pressure instead of stepping up and getting what he could get since he was already screwed at that point.

You're right, it was a poor decison, he should have taken the sack.

This is what i just have to shake my head at with some folks. The inability to every put anything on Dalton. He screwed up on that one and on the Greg Little pass into the endzone. That said here is the difference between some folks and others, some can give him credit when he deserves it, and he he absolutely deserves the credit for the come back drive that won the game.

I actually agree with jAmie here. It was a bad play call but as the qb you can't let a bad play call spiral into a game changing play.

If we were down 6 and he was trying to keep the drive alive to win the game, that's one thing. But up 6 even if you don't get the FG you can pin them deep and make them drive 95 yards to win.

Dalton made a dumb play but it was his first really dumb play of the year and he made up for it. He's also thrown one bad pick this year on the one to gresh and he came back and made up for that one too. Good sign.

I actually agree with jAmie here. It was a bad play call but as the qb you can't let a bad play call spiral into a game changing play.

If we were down 6 and he was trying to keep the drive alive to win the game, that's one thing. But up 6 even if you don't get the FG you can pin them deep and make them drive 95 yards to win.

Dalton made a dumb play but it was his first really dumb play of the year and he made up for it. He's also thrown one bad pick this year on the one to gresh and he came back and made up for that one too. Good sign.

Crap we agree? I may have to rethink this....

:P

Archived