How we kept him as a starter hilariously ppast his prime. I'm sure the same people who defend the Peko situation felt the same about that dude even when he was way past his prime

I don't usually agree with BAB, but when I do..it's stuff like this

Actually they would likely move Whit back to guard if need be and play Fisher in his spot.  He may end up being a great LT but he didn't look anywhere near ready to start yet.

By the looks of pre season (if it means anything).. Andy would be dead in about two games or so... 

Making some people happy...lol

Random stuff...

Devon Still - Getting cut is deja vu but now the story has a better ending.

Pat Sims - See above. Put a Hollywood ending on the story of your career. Be the guy to make the play that gives the Bengals a playoff win. Then retire and start a steakhouse.  

Chris Lewis-Harris - He picked a great time to make a couple of plays. I preferred Troy Hill but Bengals would have given weight to CLH being further developed and more experienced.

Troy Hill - I hope he signs to the practice squad and continues to work with Vance Joseph.

Josh Shaw - I'm pretty sure he won a roster spot his first day in the building.

Derron Smith - As advertised. Smart and instinctive. He's already flashed playmaking ability in practices and games. I think he can start eventually. Depth at both safety positions now seems much more secure.

DeShawn Williams - The Bengals can mend broken hearts by signing him to the practice squad. Maybe with another year of coaching Williams might find the path easier in 2016.

Margus Hunt - I assumed he'd make it. The Bengals need depth at DE more than DT, and if Hunt can stay healthy...(cough)...he can give them a dozen snaps a game. I think the Bengals would be happy with that.

PJ Dawson - Once again, as advertised. So how soon does he start getting playing time?

Chris Carter - Marvin dropped hints this was coming weeks ago, so maybe this one wasn't as close as it felt.

Greg Little - So far so good.

Marquis Flowers - Same time next year?

OLine - With Ogbuehi waiting in the wings it almost feels like the Bengals are still playing with house money by going thin upfront.  

How we kept him as a starter hilariously ppast his prime. I'm sure the same people who defend the Peko situation felt the same about that dude even when he was way past his prime

Well I can't say I agree with you or much GAF what other people defend, I think the plan when BT was drafted was for him to eventually take over the spot. Unfortunately, like all the other potential replacements on the roster, he hasn't been able to stay on the field.  One of these guys is going to have to stick around for a full 16 games if they want to move up the depth chart.

I don't usually agree with BAB, but when I do..it's stuff like this

By the looks of pre season (if it means anything).. Andy would be dead in about two games or so... 

Making some people happy...lol

People forget that Fisher was injured right up until 2 weeks ago.  He improved this week compared to the previous week.  I'll give him a pass for now, until he's back to full fitness.

People forget that Fisher was injured right up until 2 weeks ago.  He improved this week compared to the previous week.  I'll give him a pass for now, until he's back to full fitness.

plus his big thing coming out was strengthening his upper body, and he probably went a month without lifiting due to the injury.

Practice squad prediction?  10 guys right?  Assume 5 offense and five D.

Light on the 0-line so definitely Dan France and maybe somebody else. (Hawkinson isn't eligible, is he?).  One QB (Wenning).  We're not gonna be able to keep Kumerow and Bennet, Wilder and Watson - unless we stack offense and short the D.

Defensively, Deswhawn and Troy Hill are no-brainers if not stolen.  Trevor Roach is the only PS eligible LB I remember.  Who else sticks?

Practice squad prediction?  10 guys right?  Assume 5 offense and five D.

Light on the 0-line so definitely Dan France and maybe somebody else. (Hawkinson isn't eligible, is he?).  One QB (Wenning).  We're not gonna be able to keep Kumerow and Bennet, Wilder and Watson - unless we stack offense and short the D.

Defensively, Deswhawn and Troy Hill are no-brainers if not stolen.  Trevor Roach is the only PS eligible LB I remember.  Who else sticks?

I think since they went light on Offense on the 53 there won't be an even split on the PS.   Someone needs to clarify something for me on the PS.  The way I understand it is that you get 8 that are the "classic eligible"--2 years or less and 8 or less active games.  Then an additional 2 that are over 2 years but haven't earned that 8 games.

So my for sure guesses are:

Hopkins OG

France OT

Lengel TE

Wilder  RB

Kumerow WR

D. Williams DT

T. Hill CB

then an additional classic and 2 classic plus...

I think since they went light on Offense on the 53 there won't be an even split on the PS.   Someone needs to clarify something for me on the PS.  The way I understand it is that you get 8 that are the "classic eligible"--2 years or less and 8 or less active games.  Then an additional 2 that are over 2 years but haven't earned that 8 games.

Hopkins OG

France OT

Lengel TE

Wilder  RB

Kumerow WR

D. Williams DT

T. Hill CB

I would rather they bring back Trevor Roach. With the LB uncertainties, it would make more sense than a TE.

Roach is one of the two most important guys to get on that squad. My priority list would be:

1) Williams

2) Roach

3) T. Hill

4) Hopkins

5) Watson/Wilder

Williams is top because he's simply too talented to lose. But the next few guys are all solid players at positions where we could realistically need to call a guy up.

I am one of the few OK with Margus Hunt.  Reminds me in some ways of Justing Smith, a one trick pony with the straight ahead bull rush thing.  He gets into the backfield and must be accounted for opening a tackle (or whiff) for someone else even if he does not make a play.

Peko and Hall are the elephants in the locker room.  

Hopkins OG

France OT

Lengel TE

Wilder  RB

Kumerow WR

D. Williams DT

T. Hill CB

You nailed all 7.  Just add Terrell Watson, Trevor Roach, and Wenning at QB.   

I am one of the few OK with Margus Hunt.  Reminds me in some ways of Justing Smith, a one trick pony with the straight ahead bull rush thing.  He gets into the backfield and must be accounted for opening a tackle (or whiff) for someone else even if he does not make a play.

Peko and Hall are the elephants in the locker room.  

Justin Smith could bullrush and was a good run defender. Hunt sucks vs the run and even his bullrush isn't very good. I think they are hoping a year of health will allow him to develop. He has the physical skills so I'm guessing this is his last shot to prove it.

Yep. I think he will be fine in a month or so. He got his welcome to the NFL moment on top of also not really being physical ready for it due to injury.

We probably cut some of the better linebackers which should tell you all need to know about what else is out there.   I kinda was intrigued with Logan Thomas the QB cut from Arizona.  Dude is 6'6" and ran a hell of a 40 in the low 4.6 range.  Then again, Arizona got Matt Barkley to get rid of him.  Looks like Miami picked him up.

Archived