If Not Sewell, Who?

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

The Jets have something like 11 picks in the next three rounds of the next two drafts. They have loads of good picks

True..Fields or Wilson probably..

Trade Darnold for a late first rounder..

Take Wyatt Davis or Trey Smith in round 2 and  on from there..

Scary thing about Jags us all that cap money and Lawrence coming in.

Can see them signing T Trent Williams

to a massive deal..

4 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

True..Fields or Wilson probably..

Trade Darnold for a late first rounder..

Take Wyatt Davis or Trey Smith in round 2 and  on from there..

Scary thing about Jags us all that cap money and Lawrence coming in.

Can see them signing T Trent Williams

to a massive deal..

Why trade Darnold?  Fields has done nothing this year to make me think he is a sure bet. In fact, he has looked pretty bad against lesser talent.  

Alijah Vera-Tucker...  could very well be a star (read project).  Just not in the 1st and maybe not even the 2nd.  In other words, I'm losing interest in Sewell.  If no Sewell in the 1st, we better hope a deal is in the works for a blue chip OT.  The old adage of going to war with what we have is NOT going to cut it next season and a project player isn't a solution either.  The only OTs in the ballpark of Sewell are coming in at around 15 in the 1st.  In short, this is not rocket science, Sewell in the 1st or;

1.  Trade down

2.  BPA

So, Justin Fields looked like total crap against Northwestern, the only team other than Indiana (for which he also played like crap) with a pulse that OSU has played.  If he shits the bed against Clemson, it's possible the Jets may not want him at #2.  The QB from BYU is kicking ass as we speak, so maybe a QB will still go 1-2.  A stupid mock on CBS has Sewell going #2 for the Jets.  The mock is stupid b/c it has the Bengals taking the TE from Florida at #3.  No way in hell is a TE worth a #3 pick.  If that's the case and they want him, trade down and stockpile picks.  Or take the best defensive player at #3. 

16 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

So, Justin Fields looked like total crap against Northwestern, the only team other than Indiana (for which he also played like crap) with a pulse that OSU has played.  If he shits the bed against Clemson, it's possible the Jets may not want him at #2.  The QB from BYU is kicking ass as we speak, so maybe a QB will still go 1-2.  A stupid mock on CBS has Sewell going #2 for the Jets.  The mock is stupid b/c it has the Bengals taking the TE from Florida at #3.  No way in hell is a TE worth a #3 pick.  If that's the case and they want him, trade down and stockpile picks.  Or take the best defensive player at #3. 

Heard Fields is dealing with sore wrist..

8 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Heard Fields is dealing with sore wrist..

:boring:

The POSburgh injury report now is reporting, as reports tend to do, the Ben Rapeherburger's poor performance was also due to a sore wrist from which he almost died.  Something to do with the night before and the Muppets, a Mazola oil three way shrimping party with Burt and Ernie or playing Tickle My, Elmo with Elmo... Snufferuphisass ...  getting jiggy with Miss Piggy.

(which I did not get to see or realize were there)

Get well, Raper.  Well... not really.

:pissing::steelerssuck:

7 hours ago, High School Harry said:

The POSburgh injury report now is reporting, as reports tend to do, the Ben Rapeherburger's poor performance was also due to a sore wrist from which he almost died.  Something to do with the night before and the Muppets, a Mazola oil three way shrimping party with Burt and Ernie or playing Tickle My, Elmo with Elmo... Snufferuphisass ...  getting jiggy with Miss Piggy.

He never fails to make me hate him even more than before.

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

If not Sewell, trade down or take Parsons. 

We'll probaby have the chance at Sewell if Houston beats them.

Houston is 8.5 favorites in Vegas.

Dint look for another good performance by them like the Stealers..

Jets have their franchise LT in Bechton..

Jax can sign Trent Williams (rumors) with 80mil cap money..

We got this!

13 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Always an excuse with him. 🙄

18 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Hard to be good in the NFL unless you are on top of your game.  Even harder when you are 38 and trying hard not to rape some college chick. 

I cant think of one QB the fans of the Bengals hate more than this POS..

Maybe any player ever..

Wines Hard is close..

13 hours ago, Shebengal said:

Always an excuse with him. 🙄

13 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

He does look like hes fading now though..

Never can tell about that  POS...

I think POSburgh should take a long look at drafting a quarterback

in the first round this year and do some big time trading up to do so.

No need for a new thread on this but in the Athletic today there is an article on Jesse Bates:

Bates’ timing for his career year matches up with his perfect timing on the field.

At the conclusion of this season, the 23-year-old becomes extension-eligible for the first time.

For a franchise battling difficult extension decisions in recent years and with a roster depleted by a series of subpar drafts, Bates represents the easiest investment since A.J. Green.

And he’s interested.

“As long as the Bengals and I have an agreement on everything, I would love to stay here,” Bates said. “I’m sure those questions are going to come up a lot right after the season because I’m having success, I’m only 23 years old. There’s a lot of positives that’s to my gain, but who knows what the Bengals think. You just never know. That’s the part of this business. I try to just go out there and control as much as I can as far as on the field, off the field, making sure my family is taken care of. And just small stuff, living right, just working hard, just the principles my mom raised me off of. You just try to do that and let guys figure that other stuff out.”

On 12/8/2020 at 3:16 PM, bengaled said:

No, you take the no-brainer pick that Sewell is, especially when there are a ton more questions about what Rousseau represents as far as a bust/boom type.

Exactly!  If # Sewell is there at 3, you rush to the podium and get him.  Jonah goes to RT, and Hart moves on to his life's work.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2923469-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-latest-2021-nfl-mock-draft-and-more

This mock gives me the willies.

It has the Jets taking Sewell with the second pick... a very real possibility imho

and us taking Northwestern OT Rashawn Slater who, according to the article...

3. Cincinnati Bengals: OT Rashawn Slater, Northwestern
This would be a nightmare scenario for the Bengals with Sewell off the board, but considering Slater a consolation prize would be a disservice to him and his game. In fact, multiple area scouts and scouting directors I've spoken to recently believe Slater is the best offensive tackle in the class.

I don't know anything about the guy.

If he is all that and a bag of peanuts as the article suggests, could

we trade down a few for someone with a hard on for a quarterback and still get him?

Carolina, maybe?

If he's The Guy, that would be ideal.

50 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I honestly think that they’d stay put and pick Jamarr Chase if Sewell is gone...sad but true.

I would hat that pick even worse then the Ross pick in 2017. I'd probably drive to Cincy and kick both Mike and Katie right in the nads. IMHO the Bengals have no business drafting a skill position player before the 5th round or so.

31 minutes ago, gupps said:

I would hat that pick even worse then the Ross pick in 2017. I'd probably drive to Cincy and kick both Mike and Katie right in the nads. IMHO the Bengals have no business drafting a skill position player before the 5th round or so.

I would probably be OK with it if Sewell gone.

Chase would be the Best Player Available

and at a position of need with two former first round picks gone

albeit one was a bust.

The chemistry already there with Athens Joe would be huge.

Plus Mike is giddy about wide receivers.

Would depend on trade offers but if we stick with picking at 3, I would go with Chase.

Also... not impossible we win a game or two and be out of the cream of the draft crop.

Archived