Just now, Harley said:

So it is looking like we can go BPA in the draft. That said, what specific positions would you like to be addressed in the first three picks?

1. CB
  2. TE
  3. DT

This plus another backup OT in case Collins has injuries issues again.

16 hours ago, Jason said:

Araiza at 31!!!!

:lol: 

Just posted in another thread that I would be very OK with trading 31 for someone's higher

second round pick and something extra down the line and drafting him in 3 or even low 2.

He will go higher than people are thinking and I think he would be more of an immediate

impact player than a player to be groomed or part time rotational player at best.

I mean, we're still fiddle fucking around making excuses and rationalizing

Cartman who right now has more press coverage than on-field production.

Time for him to fish or cut bait, put up or shut up and make poopie or get off the pot.

A digression but a low two or three for a long term solid punter would be, imho,

worth it.

Reading PFF on Jones it sounds like he is more of a space eater than a 3-tech. We have Reader and Shelvin to do that, we need another 3-tech. Don't see that move at all. I think Hall from Houston and Winfrey from Oklahoma are your top 3 techs in the draft, and we could take one of them, just not in the 1st.

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Reading PFF on Jones it sounds like he is more of a space eater than a 3-tech. We have Reader and Shelvin to do that, we need another 3-tech. Don't see that move at all. I think Hall from Houston and Winfrey from Oklahoma are your top 3 techs in the draft, and we could take one of them, just not in the 1st.

Lot's of discussion on twitter that PFF is off on that and he projects very well to 3T with his measureables and athleticism. Some stuff on Zim's feed. 

6 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

If your right about Jones not a 3tech then he wont help the interior pressure at all..

Hill is the only player that can do that and a rotational partner has to be addressed ..

7 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

DeMarvin Leal has the makings of a 3tech..

6'4 290lbs..

Quick off the snap at DE or 3Tech..

Good rotation with Hill or spell a DE .

Do they want him to lose 10lbs for DE or gain 10 and play 3tech

Some would say he's good at 290 for both spots..

Our top needs are CB, 3Tech & TE.  Jones is a beast, but we don't need another NT.  As for CB?  Booth out of Clemson might be OK.  The other top guys McCreary (Auburn) & Pitre (Baylor) seem to be projected as slot corners and we need someone on the outside.  I actually like Kyler Gordon better than them, but 31 may be a little rich for him.  Ditto McBride, my favorite TE prospect.  After McBride, IMO, there are some serviceable TE options, but not a significant difference between those you can get at the end of Rd 2 and those that can be had in Rd 4 or 5. 

If they want TE, CB or 3Tech, I'd at least hope they trade down and add a pick or two.  What I'd really rather see them do is sign a starting CB and backup 3Tech in FA and pick a 3rd TE later in the draft.  There's not one guy that I've mentioned that I'd rather have over Tyler Linderbaum or Zion Johnson if they're there at 31.  Of course, chances are high that when our pick rolls around somebody we don't expect will have fallen.  Could even Pitt QB, at which point I seriously shop the pick.

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

If your right about Jones not a 3tech then he wont help the interior pressure at all..

Hill is the only player that can do that and a rotational partner has to be addressed ..

Don't be surprised if Ogunjobi is back on a 1 year deal after the draft when he has had a chance to get healthy

46 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Hes good but how serious of an injury are we talking about.?

Im not big on a 1st round pick that goes on IR his first season..

Id prefer Leal at 1 than Ojabo..

I believe it's a torn achilles - not good but recoverable

8 hours ago, spicoli said:

God Kiper is slipping..

Doesn't care about 3Tech or NT..

Just a DT..

Sloppy wir2k from him..

22 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

God Kiper is slipping..

Doesn't care about 3Tech or NT..

Just a DT..

Sloppy wir2k from him..

Not sure why you’ve got in your head that Jones can’t be a 3-tech. I’ve watched quite a bit of him and the kid’s a wrecking ball no matter where he lines up. 

Archived