Dalton Kincaid-Utah (2)
Sam LaPorta-Iowa (2) C
Luke Schoonmaker-Michigan (4)
Davis Allen-Clemson (4) C
Zack Kuntz-Old Dominion (5) C
Payne Durham-Purdue (5-6)
Travis Vokolek-Nebraska (U) C
Jack Colletto-Oregon St (U) ST

No love for the local kid Josh Wylie (UC) in say the 4th/5th round?

53 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

LOL. I just dont get it with him at all. To me he is a 4th-5th rounder who can be a second blocking TE on a team and a goal line threat. 

He's more than that, I see how you can get that view of him because that's how he was used at UGA but that is because he was playing with a future top 10 pick in the 2024 draft, Brock Bowers. If given the opportunity Washington can be a TE1 in the NFL, he has all the tools. He's big, strong, fast, and can catch. He's a great blocker, can run after the catch, and is a mis-match nightmare on LB's or Safety's..no one wants to tackle this big dude in the open field with a full head of steam coming at them.

Imo, he's the best TE in the class for the NFL game as he has the highest ceiling, I compare him to Rob Gronkowski. 

For me Mayer is only TE I would consider at 28 and it would be based on what OT are there to choose from.

We lost a Super Bowl and a chance to play in one because of the Oline talent and lack of backup personnel.

All the talk about a new TE is great but remember we are replacing Hurst not Gronkowski.

Fix the Oline first.  I have done several mocks and took 28 OL and 60 OL and still got a decent TE and RB and might have double dipped on RB.

Mayer is the only guy I would consider in round 1

After that there are a number of round 2 guys I'd be fine with

The Locked on Guys said Mayer gets a lot of Jason Whitten comps, but they said his testing is very comparable to Mark Andrews.

1 hour ago, westside bengal said:

For me Mayer is only TE I would consider at 28 and it would be based on what OT are there to choose from.

We lost a Super Bowl and a chance to play in one because of the Oline talent and lack of backup personnel.

All the talk about a new TE is great but remember we are replacing Hurst not Gronkowski.

Fix the Oline first.  I have done several mocks and took 28 OL and 60 OL and still got a decent TE and RB and might have double dipped on RB.

Same. 

And if we look at our future in terms of the use of cap - we are going to lock up 3 significant offensive pieces at high numbers. To me that means positions like TE and RB need to be lower drfat picks and/or free agents. For the forseeable future I would investing all or primarily all high (top 3 or 4 rounds) picks in the OL, DL and at CB. Othr positions are fillers via later picks and free agents. Our D only needs to be good, not great, as long as we have Joe and a solid OL. 

15 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Same. 

And if we look at our future in terms of the use of cap - we are going to lock up 3 significant offensive pieces at high numbers. To me that means positions like TE and RB need to be lower drfat picks and/or free agents. For the forseeable future I would investing all or primarily all high (top 3 or 4 rounds) picks in the OL, DL and at CB. Othr positions are fillers via later picks and free agents. Our D only needs to be good, not great, as long as we have Joe and a solid OL. 

I agree.  And I am not sure in the future if teams are not better off with 3 good CB's instead of 1 great one.

1 hour ago, westside bengal said:

3 good CB's .

In today's NFL you definitely need 3 decent CBs, especially a slot one (like Hilton).

The key to the Bengals defensive success has been they had CTB as a 3rd CB before Chido's injury made him a starter, and also had Flowers for TEs --> so 5 above average CBs, which is why they need to bring him back at least, if not Apple too. 

Yeah, you can never have too many good CBs. Sidney Jones signed a 1 year veteran minimum benefit deal, meaning he's no sure thing to even make the roster. He'll be competing with George and Davis for the CB5 or 6 spot. At least he would be if Apple and Flower re-signed. Flowers was in Carolina earlier in the week so maybe he gets an offer from them he likes better than his niche role with the Bengals. 

At the moment, the depth chart looks like

Awuzie-Jones

CTB-George

Hilton-Davis

We'll use an early pick on a CB as Awuzie's replacement and in case he's not ready for week 1. 

I'd take a CB in round 2 or 3 to replace Jones and re-sign Apple or Flowers to replace George.

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

In today's NFL you definitely need 3 decent CBs, especially a slot one (like Hilton).

The key to the Bengals defensive success has been they had CTB as a 3rd CB before Chido's injury made him a starter, and also had Flowers for TEs --> so 5 above average CBs, which is why they need to bring him back at least, if not Apple too. 

Bring back Apple..

Archived