• Carl Pickens
    • Chad Johnson
    • TJ Houshmandzadeh
    • AJ Green
    • JaMarr Chase
    • Tyler Boyd
    • Tee Higgins

1 hour ago, esjbh2 said:

JaMarr, Chad, Isaac, but this was a tough one, i.e. AJ, Pickens, etc. 

Chip Myers anyone?

I picked the same three.  Isaac put up fantastic numbers when defenders could absolutely mug WRs.  

🦗

7 hours ago, Cricket said:

I picked the same three.  Isaac put up fantastic numbers when defenders could absolutely mug WRs.  

🦗

Didn't his talent force some rule changes?

12 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

This was easy for me. I'm not getting caught up in who fits what system, you take the best talent and make a system for it.

Chad

Aj

Jamar

I went with this, only because I don’t remember a lot about Isaac Curtis’ play. I did know that his play forced some rule changes. 

2 hours ago, Shebengal said:

I went with this, only because I don’t remember a lot about Isaac Curtis’ play. I did know that his play forced some rule changes. 

Part of it may have come into consideration, but then again, the overall effectiveness of defensive bump-and-run back then affected all of the great receivers. 

Was reading somewhere that the advent of the pass-insane WFL in ‘74 had a bearing on the ultimate changes. There was no limit on contact on a receiver up until the time the ball was in the air. In ‘74, the league instituted the “3-yard rule”—no contact after 3 yards. The present “no contact past the line of scrimmage rule” was brought in 1978. 

I guess I’m way too used to seemingly all receivers of the WR1 variety having well plus 1000 yard seasons. Ike never got closer to 1k than 934 in ‘75. 

7 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

I guess I’m way too used to seemingly all receivers of the WR1 variety having well plus 1000 yard seasons. Ike never got closer to 1k than 934 in ‘75. 

But that was for a 14 game season, correct? Had that been a 16 game season, he probably would have been over 1000 yards.

Feel like AJ disappeared at times or would lose focus and tip balls into the air for interceptions. I guess we can blame Dalton's pathetic noodle arm for all that? Still Curtis just seems like more of an overall baller. Considered Housh for the same reason.

10 hours ago, Shebengal said:

But that was for a 14 game season, correct? Had that been a 16 game season, he probably would have been over 1000 yards.

There is that, of course. There were also styles of play to consider. That same year of 1975 where he had 974 yards, they came on only 44 receptions—but also at an eye-catching 21.2 ypc..which led the league. The Bengals were apparently using deeper patterns, and Ike was also getting a lot more yac. 

His best seasons were his first 4–Pro Bowl in each. Was up and down for the remainder of his career. 

If DBs didn't get their hands on Curtis he would be gone.  Insane speed, insane hands.  Curtis was the complete package.  The 5 yard chuck rule is the "Issac Curtis Rule" as he was getting consistently mauled downfield.  Sadly, he played on some awful teams in the Tiger Johnson and Homer Rice eras.  He's still #1 for me. 

Tried to find one of his craziest catches online but could not.  It came late in his career and it was going down the sideline and he pulled it off his shoe tops in full stride.  One of the best catches I've ever seen. 

On 6/26/2023 at 8:46 AM, High School Harry said:

I went old school and left off Ja'Marr and Tee as future picks.

Went

Isaac

A.J

Chadwick

same for me.. in a couple more years though Chase is going to be #1 most likely.. 

15 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

My thoughts on who the next 2 inductees to the ROH has changed.

I still believe Tim Krumrie should be one.

Chad Johnson is my 2nd pick now.

He really had a great career here plus has been a great ambassador ti the team all this time.

Archived