Who is your all time favorite Bengal?

The question almost needs to be asked as "Favorite other than Burrow?", because I imagine he's the favorite of most now (including me). 

My first favorite as a kid was David Fulcher. And then Ickey Woods. When the Bengals drafted Peter Warrick (my favorite college player of all time) he then became my favorite. I also liked Justin Smith alot. Next was Burfict, who I loved, and Pacman. 

So my timeline would go ...

Fulcher - Ickey - Warrick - Smith - Burfict - Pacman - Burrow

I don't necessarily choose based on talent and like "unique" personalities, or iconoclasts, more than anything. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

The question almost needs to be asked as "Favorite other than Burrow?", because I imagine he's the favorite of most now (including me). 

My first favorite as a kid was David Fulcher. And then Ickey Woods. When the Bengals drafted Peter Warrick (my favorite college player of all time) he then became my favorite. I also liked Justin Smith alot. Next was Burfict, who I loved, and Pacman. 

So my timeline would go ...

Fulcher - Ickey - Warrick - Smith - Burfict - Pacman - Burrow

I don't necessarily choose based on talent and like "unique" personalities, or iconoclasts, more than anything. 

Isaac curtis

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

Isaac curtis

Agree.  Isaac Curtis.

The coolest of cool, no trash talk just production in an era when the rules were so

much more wide receiver hateful.

Made everything look effortless.

And the signature over the shoulder football toss understated touchdown non-celebration.

Two or 1A would be Chad because they played in different football eras.

Favorite current Bengal... Ja'Marr Chase.

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Agree.  Isaac Curtis.

The coolest of cool, no trash talk just production in an era when the rules were so

much more wide receiver hateful.

Made everything look effortless.

And the signature over the shoulder football toss understated touchdown non-celebration.

Two or 1A would be Chad because they played in different football eras.

Favorite current Bengal... Ja'Marr Chase.

Favorite current Bengal I would say for me is Chase 

• Upvote 1

Little surprised no one else is mentioning Whit..  I thought dude gave this team some backbone when they'd been babyshit soft for years.  He set a new standard for toughness that was severely lacking (at least as much as Clappy McAverage & the rest of the clown car would let him.)

Munoz is certainly valid though..  Some others I don't get at all but yeah, what's the issue?  Beating us for a ring?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Little surprised no one else is mentioning Whit..  I thought dude gave this team some backbone when they'd been babyshit soft for years.  He set a new standard for toughness that was severely lacking (at least as much as Clappy McAverage & the rest of the clown car would let him.)

Munoz is certainly valid though..  Some others I don't get at all but yeah, what's the issue?  Beating us for a ring?

Solid choice, no doubt.  If the question was "What Bengal do you respect this most" then Whit and Munoz would be tops on my list.  But "my favorite" to me has more to do with fun to watch so I gravitate to the skill positions like QB/WR that I wanted to aspire to.  Admittedly that's a bit petty and obvious.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

Solid choice, no doubt.  If the question was "What Bengal do you respect this most" then Whit and Munoz would be tops on my list.  But "my favorite" to me has more to do with fun to watch so I gravitate to the skill positions like QB/WR that I wanted to aspire to.  Admittedly that's a bit petty and obvious.

Nah that's understandable actually, part of why I went with Chad even though he could be difficult.  I think it's good to have that class clown type so long as there are other people to tell him when to STFU.  He's also the only player I've been around off the field when I worked in Clifton & I thought it was remarkable that he'd take the time to kick it with some JV kids on a weekday.  Not some photo op, just pulling up to their practice solo & unannounced.  This was an inner city public school & not one known for their program (like Colerain for example) so you can imagine what it meant to those kids.  FWIW he also produced consistently, I think people forget the stats sometimes because of the oversize personality.  He was running the AFC year after year & to circle back, frankly the team needed a personality in the worst way.

• Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/10/2023 at 3:11 PM, BlackJesus said:

My favorite "personality" on the team right now is Mike Hilton

But if I had to guess who the next player added to my timeline would be, I would say CTB -- as his enthusiasm is just as infectious. 

Ya know CTB looks like Herschel Walker and somewhat built like him.

Wonder if he'll hit like him on the other side of the ball?....😎