Official Bengals Cuts - post updates as You see them

9 hours ago, stryker57 said:

yes but when the team was going 4-12 they used to brag that they had the highest % of their drafted player still on their roster...  

And now all 8 made it onto a SB caliber roster. Pretty damn impressive no matter how you slice it. 

57 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

... I fear it will be Murphy

Highest expectations, and smallest chance to prove them. 

Kinda like Dax Hill last year?  

As much as we all want the first-round pick to immediately make a big impact, this team is currently not set up that way…because of the positions that are typically picked high and the players that we already have in those positions.  

Not sure how long we can sustain that pattern.  

[My early hopes are for a can’t-miss RT in round 1 next year.]

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

... I fear it will be Murphy

Highest expectations, and smallest chance to prove them. 

Very likely. Even a moderate performance will net the “disappointing” albatross. 

I am thinking the punter might get the first downvotes. If he gets a few shanks/sub-50 yarders/no hang times—especially in the first few games, he might begin to hear it. 

28 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I'm a bit surprised Raymond Johnson III cleared waivers. His agent probably told him to hold off on the Bengals PS until he called around the league for a job on some other team's 53. 

Same he had a pretty good preseason. Hope we can add him to the PS.

40 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

I think Johnson III is gone now. If the Bengals had a plan to bring him in later they botched it, but maybe they never did. 

It's puzzling to me, as I'm not sure what else he could have possibly done to make the team. 

I completely agree but then I think we did this with Kendrick Pryor and Darius Hodges. 

44 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Someone said that each team can shield 4 players on the PS from poaching each week? 

But I have yet to see where this is stated. 

There is something to that...but you have to choose them and I think you can only do it so many times or something.