Potential Trades for the Bengals

4 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Chase Young coming back to Ohio would be awesome and make us the Super Bowl favorite, putting Young on the other side of Henderickson would be crazy...

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-commanders-are-taking-calls-on-chase-young

do it jewish GIF

Just saw he's going to San Fran.

• Upvote 2

Six years ago today, as the 4pm NFL trade deadline approached, the Bengals and Cleveland's Football Team had agreed to a deal, sending our world-class backup QB, AJ McCarron, up north to help then 0-8 Current Browns overcome another spectacular drafting blunder, as they were starting DeShone Kizer at QB at the time.

In what Adam Schefter says was "the most Browns story ever", Cleveland's Team botched the deal by forgetting to tell the league.

They would go on to finish that season 0-16.

Screenshot_20231031_154355_Facebook.jpg

CFT was offering their 2nd and 3rd round picks in the 2018 draft for McCarron. In those rounds we took S Jessie Bates (2-53) and LB Sam Hubbard (3-77). With the extra picks we could've also had RB Nick Chubb (2-35) and OLB Fred Warner (3-70).

Linky: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-bengals-agreed-to-trade-aj-mccarron-but-browns-fail-to-notify-nfl-on-time/

36 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

And we did nothing.

Mixed feelings.

I would have liked to have seen Carl Lawson  back.

Ossai can't stay healthy and it isn't like Murphy is setting the

world on fire.

Oh well...

Bring in the Buffalos Sunday nite.

If they hadn't used a first round pick on Murphy then maybe they would have gone after Young or Lawson, but it would stunt his development if they traded for another DE. 

2 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Six years ago today, as the 4pm NFL trade deadline approached, the Bengals and Cleveland's Football Team had agreed to a deal, sending our world-class backup QB, AJ McCarron, up north to help then 0-8 Current Browns overcome another spectacular drafting blunder, as they were starting DeShone Kizer at QB at the time.

In what Adam Schefter says was "the most Browns story ever", Cleveland's Team botched the deal by forgetting to tell the league.

They would go on to finish that season 0-16.

Screenshot_20231031_154355_Facebook.jpg

CFT was offering their 2nd and 3rd round picks in the 2018 draft for McCarron. In those rounds we took S Jessie Bates (2-53) and LB Sam Hubbard (3-77). With the extra picks we could've also had RB Nick Chubb (2-35) and OLB Fred Warner (3-70).

Linky: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-bengals-agreed-to-trade-aj-mccarron-but-browns-fail-to-notify-nfl-on-time/

Didn’t some malfunction with a fax machine have something to do with it also? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Didn’t some malfunction with a fax machine have something to do with it also? 

I just remember that it was a cluster all around and a mess of media miscommunication for what seemed like days...Bengals blamed, then Browns blamed, then back and forth, then maybe it was some equipment issue...then finally after the dust settled it was blamed on the Browns but at that point the details were lost on me.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, esjbh2 said:

I just remember that it was a cluster all around and a mess of media miscommunication for what seemed like days...Bengals blamed, then Browns blamed, then back and forth, then maybe it was some equipment issue...then finally after the dust settled it was blamed on the Browns but at that point the details were lost on me.

My husband claims that Sashi Brown wanted no part of this and sabotaged the deal for Cleveland. Hubby also was happy when the deal didn’t go through . 

On 10/19/2023 at 2:03 PM, PatternMaster said:

There's no way I'm paying Tee Higgins top 10 WR money, which is between 20-30 million. Higgins could get around 20 million on the open market but the Bengals would be foolish to do that. 

WR salaries are getting crazy high and it will be impossible to keep two talented guys after their rookie deals are up if they both want top dollar, which is why the Bengals drafted two WRs in the draft this year as Higgins and Boyd are both FA next offseason. 

i cant fathom that anyone the bengals drafted is slotted to replace higgins snaps in this offense, or boyds honestly. 

On 10/19/2023 at 3:18 PM, claptonrocks said:

Agree..

Liking this Marshal trade if it happens.

meh, i dont think playing with burrow years ago and being extremely below mediocre in the nfl since is much to yearn for, for me personally.

On 10/19/2023 at 3:50 PM, jmckbengal said:

Bring back Samaje!!!!!

for what?

On 10/19/2023 at 4:15 PM, MichaelWeston said:

Cordoralle Patterson

lmfao

On 10/21/2023 at 6:56 AM, MichaelWeston said:

I see it as there being 3 positions I could see a trade

RB

TE

DT

There are 6 teams that seem out of it and are likely traders

Panthers

Giants

Bears

Cardinals

Broncos

Patriots

I will go through the TE and DT options as I get time. They are not in order. RB is but Patterson and Perine should be 1A and 1B. 

RB Options

1.      Cordarrelle Patterson-Falcons 6-2 220 32

a.       2023-4.25M

b.      2023: 16 snaps, 1 att, 0 yards; 2 catches-13 yards-6.5avg

c.       2022: 382 snaps, 144 att-695 yards-4.8avg-8td; 31 catches-122 yards-5.8avg

He’s buried behind Allgeier and Robison and that’s not going to change outside of an injury. He still had something last year and I think he could be the kind of guy who could turn screens and short yardage plays into big plays. Was also a dynamic returner.

2.      Samaje Perine-Broncos 5-10 236 28

a.       2023-1.5M; 2024-3M

b.      2023: 150 snaps, 24 att, 88 yards; 17 catches-184 yards-10.8avg

c.       2022: 448 snaps, 95 att, 394 yards-2tds; 38 catches-287 yards-7.6avg-4tds

Perine isn’t getting as many snaps or touches and the Broncos are terrible. A reunion could be great. His run blocking numbers aren’t nearly as good as last year. He has a 42 grade on 17 pass blocking snaps.

3.      Rashaad Penny-Eagles 5-11 220 27

a.       2023-1.08M

b.      2023: 9 snaps, 3-9-0, 1-5-5.0

c.       2022: 170 snaps, 57-346-6.1-2, 4-16-4.0

Another guy who isn’t getting any run. Lots of injuries in his career but has flashed talent when he isn’t injured.  

4.      Zeke Elliott-Patriots 6-0 225 28

a.       2023-1.55M

b.      2023: 147 snaps, 49-193-3.9-1, 13-59-4.5

c.       2022: 558 snaps, 231-876-3.8-12, 17-92-5.4

Zeke was rumored to be coming here this offseason. He isn’t doing terrible with the Patriots but we didn’t seek him out then and I doubt we do now.

TE

1. Zach Ertz

2. Robert Tonyan

3. Adam Trautman

4. Brock Wright

5. Moe Allie-Cox

6. Hunter Henry

7. Austin Hooper

8. Daniel Bellinger

9. CJ Uzomah

10.  Jeremy Ruckert

11. Ross Dwelley

12. Mike Gesicki

Dt. 

1. Harris

2. Jones-Titans

3 Jones-Bears

4.Nunez-Roches-Giants

5.Guy

this is kind of a list of old, overpaid or shitty players. because teams dont trade good players on reasonable contracts no matter what their situation.

On 10/21/2023 at 7:22 AM, Cricket said:

Yeah, let’s get Julie Ertz’s husband…

no :ninja: 

waoah... "thats someones WIFE" - some asshole on here, probably.

On 10/21/2023 at 7:39 PM, MichaelWeston said:

Trades in the NFL are increasingly common. You don't need to know the entire playbook to have success. 

i dunno about all that, there were 11 trades last year, how many this year? not all that common.

On 10/22/2023 at 7:03 AM, High School Harry said:

So much this.

Chances are he could clear waivers and be back on our practice squad.

Possibly cut Wilcox who would perhaps be more likely to clear waivers.

Also curious about Zach Gentry, the big tight end practice squad pick up from the Stealers.

Can he block?

yall think the coaches just have a crush on Irv smith or something? they are giving him a chance post injury and injury recovery (hanstring injury was effecting him until the bye) but if there was a clear better option for everything we need you dont think theyd have replaced him by now? he isa 1 year guy making peanuts, if hudson was clearly better at everything, he would be getting more snaps, the coaches know something they dont care for, i would assume.

22 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

I think Trenton Iwine will make the offense move more than Jones.

Jones is a good route runner with speed but his frail frame screams injuries.

im not sure than 12 lbs difference is really a game changer between the two. and considering the 2" height difference id say the frame is identical.

12 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Chase Young coming back to Ohio would be awesome and make us the Super Bowl favorite, putting Young on the other side of Henderickson would be crazy...

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-commanders-are-taking-calls-on-chase-young

do it jewish GIF

yea those 11 games he was healthy for the last two years combined were awesome.. lol great player, but damn.

10 hours ago, High School Harry said:

And we did nothing.

Mixed feelings.

I would have liked to have seen Carl Lawson  back.

Ossai can't stay healthy and it isn't like Murphy is setting the

world on fire.

Oh well...

Bring in the Buffalos Sunday nite.

lmao carl lawson isnt anything to write home about either. hasnt done a damn thing since leaving. and ossai cant stay healthy? Lawson has missed many games in 3 of his 6 years as well.

9 hours ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

I wanted mayer

ewww. 

9 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

If they hadn't used a first round pick on Murphy then maybe they would have gone after Young or Lawson, but it would stunt his development if they traded for another DE. 

no they wouldnt have. lawson is making 15mil. ayear, and young is about to get a huge stack when his rookie deal ends. 

9 hours ago, Mikeslumina said:

I take ham sandwich over irv smith. I didn’t like his body language after his fumble.

lololol what did his body language say? 

9 hours ago, Griever said:

As did I. Raiders are pathetic but he made some good grabs last night 

he had one single catch. only has 11 on the year, zero touchdown, hell he has 1 more reception than irv smith, and like 88 more yards, Mayer is projected to end with 23 catches, 300 yards and zero touchdown...

a guy can dream tho right?

• Like 1