9 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Let's say 5 OT go before the Bengals pick (nightmare scenario) ... The issue then might be do you want the 6th best OT or the best TE, best DT, or 2nd best CB? 

Traditional thinking is that a run on a position means you need to get yours then, but not if you're at the end of the run (which the Bengals might be). 

No matter what happens I hope we come away with a good RT

• Upvote 1

Somebody tell Duke Tobin I can start tomorrow...because you are looking at the new Bengals Draft Guru...yes, I know the position doesn't exist on the org chart, but after this mock draft I just completed it the Blackburn/Brown family will have no choice but to create it.

image.thumb.png.b85e88ff5ffdf3cad79cac59395d4e3b.png

It's got everything, game changers...check, depth at CB and RB...check...RT, OC, and TE of the future and present...check...DT depth...check.....I made this draft my bitch...who's yo daddy, NFL draft...me that's who...

See Ya Reaction GIF by WWE

• Upvote 3

Newton's a good player and he or Murphy would be nice additions. But Bowers probably has more impact for the team, both in 2024 and over the life of his rookie deal. Newton would back up Hill or Reader or the vet we sign to replace Reader. Bowers would not only be the starter but would add a dimension to the offense. 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Newton's a good player and he or Murphy would be nice additions. But Bowers probably has more impact for the team, both in 2024 and over the life of his rookie deal. Newton would back up Hill or Reader or the vet we sign to replace Reader. Bowers would not only be the starter but would add a dimension to the offense. 

Newton is what they need on interior

pressure.

They can use both he and Jill on pass downs

Hard to pass on but OT is a their priority if you he can land a good one for the future

choose right..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Newton is what they need on interior

pressure.

They can use both he and Jill on pass downs

Hard to pass on but OT is a their priority if you he can land a good one for the future

choose right..

This is why I'd be OK with trading Higgins.  Extra couple picks and $25M or so off the books gives them an opportunity to refresh the roster.  WR is also one of the few positions where they've built some kind of depth.  I don't think they've exactly got a replacement for him, but they don't need one.  There are guys who have shown they can make plays when given the opportunity. 

Absolutely crucial offseason & I don't think they can afford to wait on FA until after the draft.

• Upvote 2

Lets say when 18 comes around the Bengals have a choice between Newton/Murphy/Latham/Mims/Guyton. Who do you take? I think I'd lean towards DL and hope someone 2nd tier slips to the second. As mush as Sweat has shown, being north of 350 is a huge red flag to me. Maybe Paul there?

• Upvote 1

Dehner's roster prediction has us signing S Darnell Savage, DT Teair Tart, TE Hayden Hurst, RT Mekhi Becton, CB Kristian Fulton, RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire, P Tommy Townsend, and RB Zach Moss.

He has us drafting

JC Latham

Ricky Pearsall

Kris Jenkins

Ben Sinnott

Isaac Guerendo 

Drake Nugent

Justin Rogers

Darius Muasau

https://theathletic.com/5324461/2024/03/08/bengals-53-man-roster-projection-2024/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Dehner's roster prediction has us signing S Darnell Savage, DT Teair Tart, TE Hayden Hurst, RT Mekhi Becton, CB Kristian Fulton, RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire, P Tommy Townsend, and RB Zach Moss.

He has us drafting

JC Latham

Ricky Pearsall

Kris Jenkins

Ben Sinnott

Isaac Guerendo 

Drake Nugent

Justin Rogers

Darius Muasau

https://theathletic.com/5324461/2024/03/08/bengals-53-man-roster-projection-2024/

Not always a fan of PDJ's Bengals' takes but I thought he did a good job on this. And I like the draft.

Pearsall really looked good in the Sr. Bowl and he had a nice year at Florida, after playing well at Arizona St. - so he's been productive in two Power 5 conferences. And I like Jenkins a lot - not a huge guy but he holds the point well, and he's got nice athleticism for an interior guy. 

• Upvote 1