A straight up trade of quarterbacks for the next season

. I am all for shaking things up.

Well shit, we're 9-4-1 and a win away from clinching a 4th-straight postseason berth. Obviously things need to change! Blow the whole thing up & start over! Fire everyone!

Starting with the fans.

:29:

Well shit, we're 9-4-1 and a win away from clinching a 4th-straight postseason berth. Obviously things need to change! Blow the whole thing up & start over! Fire everyone!

Starting with the fans.

:29:

Your record isn't the automatic indicator of the quality of play from individual positions. By that attitude no team with a good record should ever try to upgrade a position.

I don't get the clamoring for a QB that has not taken 1 NFL snap.  Is Andy Dalton the greatest qb we ever had?  No.  Far from it but all he does is win.  4 winning seasons with him at the helm.  No other Bengals qb has done that.  Not Ken Anderson, Not Boomer Esiason, Not Carson Palmer.  Is he inconsistant?  Yes.  Does he sometimes make you want to put your foot thru the tv?  Yes.  But he wins.  The Bengals are not winning in spite of him, they are winning with him.  For some reason, it works.

Cleveland fans were wanting Hoyer to sit too for Johnny Foottall.  See what that got them.

In my opinion, playing exceptionally well is, moving the offense efficiently up and down the field, scoring when there are red zone opportunities, and taking care of the football(no int's and fumbles), and not stalling out drives w/ errant throws.  He doesn't have to have 300+ yds and 4td's, just cash in when the opportunities are there.  Anything under 28pts will result in a loss in this game. 

Nonsense.  "Moving the offense efficiently up and down the field" is what he's done more often than not for the past four years.  And still...  here we are AGAIN.

Until he (or whoever else) is top 5 in passer rating and yardage, Bengal fans will be ready to run him out of town.

Andy Dalton is average.  Average among starting quarterbacks in the NFL.  That means there are about a dozen guys out there that are better - but just for the sake of argument, let's say there are 20 better quarterbacks than Dalton.  The youngest of the bunch is probably Andrew Luck (drafted in 2012).  The oldest is definitely Peyton Manning (drafterd in '98).  The rest came into the league somewhere in that 15 year gap.  That means that, on average, 1.33 "better" quarterbacks enter the NFL each year.  This is the real question... How many quarterbacks that are "better" than Andy Dalton are no longer playing for their original teams?  The only ones I could think of that could POSSIBLY be in that discussion are  Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, and Jay Cutler (who I, personally, don't think makes the list).  Even if you included Alex Smith (which is ludicrous), it's only 4.  Of the others, how many were #1 overall picks?  More than a couple.  How many were Top 10 picks?  Almost all of them.  Brady, Romo, Wilson (who's arguable, as well - he's won an awful lot of games that look like Andy Dalton's win against the Browns last weekend), and Rodgers are the only ones I can think of that are not.

My point?  Finding a winning quarterback is hard.  Journeymen that have a flash of brilliance for three weeks don't become Super Bowl MVP's.  So, how are the Bengals going to get their hands on one of that magical 1.33 coming into the league this year?  They're probably not.  And the teams that do aren't ever going to give them up.  2016?  Rinse.  Repeat.  So quit fucking whining about it.  The Bengals aren't going to bring in this offseason's Matt Flynn or Kevin Kolb and give him the keys to the car.  It hasn't worked for anyone lately, and it's not going to anytime soon.  

Don't know whatcha got until it's gone.

Its all fun and games until Whitehurst is slinging the ball all over the field.  Dude has a sick pony, though (while were on the topic of horses).

Andy can be upgraded, but there's also a chance we could end up with Geno Smith which means not only did we waste a year on a uber shitty quarterback, we have to find another one and could eventually end up like the Browns or worse, we waste multiple years on one shitty quarterback and then have to find another one.  Andy isn't uber shitty.  He has had some games where he was, but he's also shown flashes of being a pretty good quarterback as well.

I'm not 100% sold on him, but I know for fucking sure I'd rather watch the dude get us to the post-season and possibly go all Flacco instead of using a first round pick on some spread quarterback who can't run 3/5/7 step drops like we saw on the other side of the field last week.

If you are hearing that, that's fine, no one is saying that. Saying these guys are trash is just showing you really have not been following them this year. McCoy was great. Glennon played very well and has tons of upside. Mallet has tons of upside as well. These guys are unknowns that's true, but they have shown a lot to be at the point where they are the next men up for starting QB jobs. I am all for shaking things up.

"Shaking things up" based on hope is a recipe for disaster.  Ask every chick out there that's ever left her husband for a personal trainer.

I don't get the clamoring for a QB that has not taken 1 NFL snap.  Is Andy Dalton the greatest qb we ever had?  No.  Far from it but all he does is win.  4 winning seasons with him at the helm.  No other Bengals qb has done that.  Not Ken Anderson, Not Boomer Esiason, Not Carson Palmer.  Is he inconsistant?  Yes.  Does he sometimes make you want to put your foot thru the tv?  Yes.  But he wins.  The Bengals are not winning in spite of him, they are winning with him.  For some reason, it works.

Cleveland fans were wanting Hoyer to sit too for Johnny Foottall.  See what that got them.

All he does is win? Bahahhaha. Shit like this, man. What do you mean for some reason they're winning with him. You watch the fucking games. We all know That with a not retarded QB we'd be a SB contender. Motherfuckers need to stop playing dumb when it comes to Dalton

Don't know whatcha got until it's gone.

Its all fun and games until Whitehurst is slinging the ball all over the field.  Dude has a sick pony, though (while were on the topic of horses).

Andy can be upgraded, but there's also a chance we could end up with Geno Smith which means not only did we waste a year on a uber shitty quarterback, we have to find another one and could eventually end up like the Browns or worse, we waste multiple years on one shitty quarterback and then have to find another one.  Andy isn't uber shitty.  He has had some games where he was, but he's also shown flashes of being a pretty good quarterback as well.

I'm not 100% sold on him, but I know for fucking sure I'd rather watch the dude get us to the post-season and possibly go all Flacco instead of using a first round pick on some spread quarterback who can't run 3/5/7 step drops like we saw on the other side of the field last week.

Yo. You guys realize that although we won, Andy had a passer rating of 50. He has a running game now. No excuse there. He just isn't very fucking good. Even with the box stacked and a lot of single man coverage he had a shitty game.

Aka all those guys you tried to shit on while big upping Andy probably wouldn't do any worse.

And none of them have ever had a fucking 2 passer rating. There's that as well

All he does is win? Bahahhaha. Shit like this, man. What do you mean for some reason they're winning with him. You watch the fucking games. We all know That with a not retarded QB we'd be a SB contender. Motherfuckers need to stop playing dumb when it comes to Dalton

:lmao:

Yo. You guys realize that although we won, Andy had a passer rating of 50. He has a running game now. No excuse there. He just isn't very fucking good. Even with the box stacked and a lot of single man coverage he had a shitty game.

Aka all those guys you tried to shit on while big upping Andy probably wouldn't do any worse.

And none of them have ever had a fucking 2 passer rating. There's that as well

lol wut?

Charlie Whitehurst. LOLOLOL

Geno Smith???!?!! LOOOOOOOLLL

LOOOOLL

There's no way anyone here believes that this team would be better off with Geno Smith.  I refuse to believe that.

I don't think its out of the question at all to say, hey we could do a lot better at the position.  What I don't agree with is the turds being mentioned.  He's not worse than those cats.  Cutler, maybe, but if you think Andy is careless with the football, just wait until that guy starts slinging it into triple coverage.

I don't think its out of the question at all to say, hey we could do a lot better at the position.  What I don't agree with is the turds being mentioned.  He's not worse than those cats.  Cutler, maybe, but if you think Andy is careless with the football, just wait until that guy starts slinging it into triple coverage.

Cutler is so bad he just got benched for Jimmy Clausen.

<p>

I like the idea of holding on to Dalton and getting a guy that I could feasibly see taking over for an extended period of time.

The order for me would be Glennon-McCoy-Mallett-Locker-Cousins-Yates.

If you made me get rid of Dalton for one of them I would probably take a risk on Glennon who I think will be great but that's it. Interesting thought experiment.

Available Players
Free Agent:

• Colt McCoy-Redskins
  • Ryan Mallett-Texans
  • Jake Locker-Titans
  • TJ Yates-Falcons
  • Austin Davis-Rams®
  • Brian Hoyer-Browns
  • Mark Sanchez-Eagles
  • Blaine Gabbert-49ers
  • Christian Ponder-Vikes
  • Jimmy Clausen-Bears
Trades:
  • Mike Glennon-Bucs
  • Robert Griffin-Redskins
  • Kirk Cousins-Redskins
  • EJ Manuel-Bills
  • Geno Smith-Jets

Glennon great? I hope you're joking

Nonsense.  "Moving the offense efficiently up and down the field" is what he's done more often than not for the past four years.  And still...  here we are AGAIN.

Until he (or whoever else) is top 5 in passer rating and yardage, Bengal fans will be ready to run him out of town.

Andy Dalton is average.  Average among starting quarterbacks in the NFL.  That means there are about a dozen guys out there that are better - but just for the sake of argument, let's say there are 20 better quarterbacks than Dalton.  The youngest of the bunch is probably Andrew Luck (drafted in 2012).  The oldest is definitely Peyton Manning (drafterd in '98).  The rest came into the league somewhere in that 15 year gap.  That means that, on average, 1.33 "better" quarterbacks enter the NFL each year.  This is the real question... How many quarterbacks that are "better" than Andy Dalton are no longer playing for their original teams?  The only ones I could think of that could POSSIBLY be in that discussion are  Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, and Jay Cutler (who I, personally, don't think makes the list).  Even if you included Alex Smith (which is ludicrous), it's only 4.  Of the others, how many were #1 overall picks?  More than a couple.  How many were Top 10 picks?  Almost all of them.  Brady, Romo, Wilson (who's arguable, as well - he's won an awful lot of games that look like Andy Dalton's win against the Browns last weekend), and Rodgers are the only ones I can think of that are not.

My point?  Finding a winning quarterback is hard.  Journeymen that have a flash of brilliance for three weeks don't become Super Bowl MVP's.  So, how are the Bengals going to get their hands on one of that magical 1.33 coming into the league this year?  They're probably not.  And the teams that do aren't ever going to give them up.  2016?  Rinse.  Repeat.  So quit fucking whining about it.  The Bengals aren't going to bring in this offseason's Matt Flynn or Kevin Kolb and give him the keys to the car.  It hasn't worked for anyone lately, and it's not going to anytime soon.  

Cool story, he's still not very good

I find it interesting that people are going to the bottom of the lists, and guys off the list when making your arguments

McCoy 71% completions, 8.26yd avg, 4tds, 3ints, 96.4 rating.

Glennon 58%, 6.98avg, 10tds, 6ints, 83.3 rating.

Dalton 63%, 7.2avg, 15tds, 14 ints, 82.9 rating.

Guys like Mallett or Locker are just projections based off skill sets, but it says so in the list. When you are not asking your QB to do much, you don't have much to replace.

AJ is a capable QB. All he needs to do is get the backup role... From there it's pretty much dumb luck that he would see game time i.e. injure the Ginger.

He does have the tools, and he was really really really really good in College. I would like to see him play and get the backup role.

AJ is a capable QB. All he needs to do is get the backup role... From there it's pretty much dumb luck that he would see game time i.e. injure the Ginger.

He does have the tools, and he was really really really really good in College. I would like to see him play and get the backup role.

This and he does seem to have the more fiery attitude also to enerize those around him.

4?

We haven't won a playoff game since Sam/Boomer.

And that was a win by a 9-7 fading team against another fading team. I don't know why everyone points at that game like it was the Holy Grail. Nothing about the 1990 team was remotely special...other than it was a slight improvement over 1989.

And that was a win by a 9-7 fading team against another fading team. I don't know why everyone points at that game like it was the Holy Grail. Nothing about the 1990 team was remotely special...other than it was a slight improvement over 1989.

Lol, they won a playoff game. No other Bengal team since has done that.

That's more than remotely special.

Archived