The Time Has Come

Guys, I've been doing this for about 6 years now. It's been a long cold winter and a hard motherfucking summer. The days have sucked, but those days are over. In a few short hours it is once again time for some GOD DAMNED BENGALS FOOTBALL!!!!

Can I get a WHO-DEY!!!!

MULLY

[img]http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/100/93856607.jpg[/img]

[size=8]W[color=#ffa500]H[/color]O[color=#ffa500]-[/color]D[color=#ffa500]E[/color]Y[/size][size=8][color=#ffa500]![/color]![color=#ffa500]![/color]![color=#ffa500]![/color]![color=#ffa500]![/color]![color=#ffa500]![/color]![color=#ffa500]![/color][/size]

finally...

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1344624564' post='1144531']
Debbie Downer "realist"

:ninja:
[/quote]

Its funny, last year I was pretty bullish on thinking they could exceed expectations, even significantly.

This year...it's probably because I am 42 and have seen, in my years of following the Bengals, just that one year where they followed a playoff season with another playoff season ('81 followed by '82---and even that was marred by strike in '82). Which is to say, my internal Bengals "clock" is, by default, on the lookout for what will go wrong to make this year disappointing and fall below what people seem to hope.

I hope I am wrong to pre-worry. I hope ML and the fantastic coaching staff have figured out the formula to sustain success for a change. I hope the kids keep stepping forward. But...man. Hard to get out of my mind the previous failures following winning seasons. Hard to shake that lifeling memory.

Hoping upon hope that it comes together. But, I worry.

So, a cautious "who dey".

[quote name='membengal' timestamp='1344628014' post='1144542']
Its funny, last year I was pretty bullish on thinking they could exceed expectations, even significantly.

This year...it's probably because I am 42 and have seen, in my years of following the Bengals, just that one year where they followed a playoff season with another playoff season ('81 followed by '82---and even that was marred by strike in '82). Which is to say, my internal Bengals "clock" is, by default, on the lookout for what will go wrong to make this year disappointing and fall below what people seem to hope.

I hope I am wrong to pre-worry. I hope ML and the fantastic coaching staff have figured out the formula to sustain success for a change. I hope the kids keep stepping forward. But...man. Hard to get out of my mind the previous failures following winning seasons. Hard to shake that lifeling memory.

Hoping upon hope that it comes together. But, I worry.

So, a cautious "who dey".
[/quote]

Completely agree.

That said I do think we could match last years record of 9-7 but be a better overall team, whether 9-7 will be enough to get into the playoffs this year will see, but if we do, I think we can win in them. I didnt feel that way last year at any point in the season.

Archived