Do you want to trade up?!?!

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to trade up?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If yes, who do you want to trade with?

• Raiders
    • Eagles
    • Lions
    • Browns
    • Bills
    • Chargers
    • Dolphins
    • Jets
    • Stay at 21 or move down

Its being reported that several teams are shopping their early first round pick(s). I know that the majority of us here would love to have Kenny Vaccarro but its likely that he will be gone by the time we pick at 21. My question is, If you were given the chance to call the shots on draft day... do you trade up? If you want to move, who for? What are you willing to give up for your pick?

I want to trade up and Im targeting the Jets. They are desperate, and their roster is in shambles. I think Vaccarro could be had at 13 and could be bought with our 1st and our 3rd round pick. Its being said that the strength of this years draft is in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. The Jets can still grab a guy like Mingo at 9 and could also seriously consider Geno Smith (whom I think falls below pick 20) with our pick at 21. They need a RB and could use one of the two 3rd rounders to snatch up a Montee Ball, Andre Ellington, or Jonathan Franklin.

I think that 21 is too high to select any safety other than Vaccarro, and by pick 37 guys like Reid, Cyprien, and Elam might all be gone.

Thursday needs to hurry up and get here! I cannot ever remember a draft with this many unknowns and possible trades looming.

maybe would give up a 4th but not much more then that. Draft is too deep.

Unless they are extremely high on Vaccaro and not on the other S, then maybe. But my guess if they werent high on any of the other safeties, they would have Kerry Rhodes in stripes already in case kenny didnt fall (which he probably wont).

If you're going to move up it needs to be for a higher impact, stud player than Vaccaro. If they are parting ways with Andre then possibly for a stud T with potential to play the left side too. Or, if they are drooling over a stud LB I could see that.

I think you build the core via the draft and I like more not less picks. I don't move up.

I don't see any reason to trade up. There are no really exceptional players in this draft. There are some Really good players, but nobody you mortgage the farm for. I'd rather swap 21 with Minnesota at 25 and get their second or third to boot. I just don't know that they have someone they think would help them at 21 that they can't get similar value at 25.

Not much above us I'd be that motivated to move up for.  This is a deep draft though and if a. they get to 21 and there are several guys they like of comparable value and b. if they can get a premium pick (first four rounds) to move down a few spots, I rather trade down if anything.

Unless someone that they covet makes it worthwhile and they don't had to break the bank, I wouldn't.

If anything, this draft seems to set up to trade down, especially if there are several guys sitting there at 21 they would be happy with and they could afford to get one AND extract additional value. That said, it's always a risky move.

I voted no for first round, but with 10 picks, maybe they should consider trading up in the middle rounds, if need be, where trading up isn't as pricey and there are valuable prospects they don't want to wait for. 

Why would I want to trade up when it has been pretty universally established that this draft's top end talent is shit.  The value in this draft is its depth... rounds 2-4, not round 1.  That is why Tampa Bay went ahead and traded their 1st for Revis.  They felt like he was a more known commodity than anything they could get in the 1st of this draft and they still kept their 2's, 3's, and 4's for this year where the value really is.  A lot of people are saying you can get the same player at 60 that you can get at 16...

If anything, I'd almost like to trade down for an additional 2nd and 3rd or something like that.  I don't see a "difference maker" there for us.  I see guys that can be solid, consistent football players though.

Why would I want to trade up when it has been pretty universally established that this draft's top end talent is shit.  The value in this draft is its depth... rounds 2-4, not round 1.  That is why Tampa Bay went ahead and traded their 1st for Revis.  They felt like he was a more known commodity than anything they could get in the 1st of this draft and they still kept their 2's, 3's, and 4's for this year where the value really is.  A lot of people are saying you can get the same player at 60 that you can get at 16...

If anything, I'd almost like to trade down for an additional 2nd and 3rd or something like that.  I don't see a "difference maker" there for us.  I see guys that can be solid, consistent football players though.

I heard Bill Polian quoted today saying that there are 10 guys rated as 1st round guys... 15 if he's really generous. You'd have to give up a lot to move up to get one of those from 21, and they aren't one player away.

Archived