Cincinnati Bengals Face Tough Competition from Cleveland Browns in 2013

Are you saying that just about last year or in general you think he's below average? Cause I'll tell you what, I wish he played for the Bengals.

I certainly don't think he stinks, but it should be kept in mind that he had a 3.6ypc last year(sure part of that is oline).  Cedric Benson got run out of town by fans for having a 3.9ypc.  Green-Ellis had a 3.9ypc last year and is already looking to be replaced.

I certainly don't think he stinks, but it should be kept in mind that he had a 3.6ypc last year(sure part of that is oline).  Cedric Benson got ran out of town by fans for having a 3.9ypc.  Green-Ellis had a 3.9ypc last year and is already looking to be replaced.

With a good Oline he could be a beast. NFL players on the Top 100 said it. He hits like an animal. I wish he was a Bengal. Don't get me wrong though, as of now I am happy with who we have for the time being.

With a good Oline he could be a beast. NFL players on the Top 100 said it. He hits like an animal. I wish he was a Bengal. Don't get me wrong though, as of now I am happy with who we have for the time being.

They do have a good Oline. T-Rich is alright, more than a little overrated imo

It seems like I hear this every year about the Browns and every year they suck.

im not sure i have ever really heard that about the browns, even in the year they were a surprise team, i dont remember hearing it..

weeden is no star, but he can make good throws and is pretty accurate down field.. they like a solid WR.. but have a very above average RB...  andm they have a solid defense, not great, but if you try a kickey mouse offensive scheme against them, they are disciplined enough to stop you... as someone pointed out.. like last year... which i watched in person, sadly..

I certainly don't think he stinks, but it should be kept in mind that he had a 3.6ypc last year(sure part of that is oline).  Cedric Benson got run out of town by fans for having a 3.9ypc.  Green-Ellis had a 3.9ypc last year and is already looking to be replaced.

cedric was run out of town because he was an asshole who complained non stop, not for his performance...

You guys laugh all you want, but you won't be laughing when Chris Palmer Butch Davis Romeo Crennel Eric Mangini Pat Shurmur Rob Chudzinski leads them to the Super Bowl.

you can cross out that rob Chudzinski after this year too..Although I think Norv Turner will improve the offense but no super bowl team..

they may win 7 games this year!

Jim Brown not impressed with “ordinary” Trent Richardson
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 26, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
jimbrown.jpg?w=141Getty Images

If the Cleveland Browns select running back Trent Richardson tonight, the greatest Browns running back of them all will not be impressed.

Jim Brown said today on ESPN Radio that he doesn’t think Richardson is a great running back who’s going to make a great impact in Cleveland.

“I’m not overwhelmed with it,” Brown said of the idea that the Browns could take Richardson. “The problem is that he’s ordinary. I think he’s ordinary.”

Asked what about him is ordinary, Brown said, “the size, the speed, his moves.”

Asked if any running backs in this year’s draft impress him, Brown said, “Not really. It’s not a good year, obviously.”

Brown also said he wasn’t impressed with Mark Ingram, the Saints’ first-round draft pick last year, and he suggested that if Richardson couldn’t start ahead of Ingram when they both played at Alabama, that means Richardson can’t be better than Ingram.

The 76-year-old Brown, who was Cleveland’s first-round pick in the 1957 NFL draft, said he doesn’t see many impact running backs left in pro football.

“When I watch football today I see a game of quarterbacks,” Brown said. “Protecting quarterbacks, throwing the ball, short passes, long passes, all kinds of passes.”

And in a game of quarterbacks, Brown doesn’t see the point of drafting an ordinary running back.

They have a pretty tough defense and now a very good running back.  That alone can win football games. I think they are going to surprise a lot of people this year.

I expect their defense to take a step backward. They're in the process of changing the scheme. They are paper thin at CB after Haden. They also don't have much of a pass rush.

They do have some good pieces. Weeden can be a pretty good QB, they have some good runners, Josh Gordon is up and coming at WR and they added a few guys who improved their depth, they have a good OL and a very solid D in the front 7, and Hayden as one of the best at corner.

Thing is, it's a team in transition with a new staff with two VERY good coordinators, and I suspect it'll take some time to get it together. I wouldn't be surprised if they hit their stride later in the year, and they'll be a tough game for anyone. 

Eventually you would have to think they would break their streak of not winning a division. It's been since 1989.

I'll believe it when I see it. When it happens people will find out the most annoying fan base isn't the Pittsburgh steelers its the dawgs.

Ummm.... the Browns haven't won the division since the Earth cooled.  They have NEVER won the division, and only once in franchise history did they make the playoffs - as a Wild Card team.

On this week's episode of "It's the Offseason" ::

Bold predictions from marginal players and expensive free-agents!

Who will guarantee a Super Bowl first?

Will Tony Romo or Jay Cutler promise to try to try?

NFC West: Whose ass can speak the loudest, and will the Cardinals be mathematically eliminated from the postseason by October?

And did your team's "big splash" in free agency leave a streak in the bowl?

Next week; Peter King Corndog Power Ratings plus hotseats, hotseats, hotseats!

Jim Brown not impressed with “ordinary” Trent Richardson
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 26, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
jimbrown.jpg?w=141Getty Images
If the Cleveland Browns select running back Trent Richardson tonight, the greatest Browns running back of them all will not be impressed.
Jim Brown said today on ESPN Radio that he doesn’t think Richardson is a great running back who’s going to make a great impact in Cleveland.
“I’m not overwhelmed with it,” Brown said of the idea that the Browns could take Richardson. “The problem is that he’s ordinary. I think he’s ordinary.”
Asked what about him is ordinary, Brown said, “the size, the speed, his moves.”
Asked if any running backs in this year’s draft impress him, Brown said, “Not really. It’s not a good year, obviously.”
Brown also said he wasn’t impressed with Mark Ingram, the Saints’ first-round draft pick last year, and he suggested that if Richardson couldn’t start ahead of Ingram when they both played at Alabama, that means Richardson can’t be better than Ingram.
The 76-year-old Brown, who was Cleveland’s first-round pick in the 1957 NFL draft, said he doesn’t see many impact running backs left in pro football.
“When I watch football today I see a game of quarterbacks,” Brown said. “Protecting quarterbacks, throwing the ball, short passes, long passes, all kinds of passes.”
And in a game of quarterbacks, Brown doesn’t see the point of drafting an ordinary running back.

Brown has been a special advisor for the Browns since 2008. You know, the Glory Years.

Archived