Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Geno re-signed

Pat Dye, Jr. of SportsTrust has negotiated a 4-year extension for @GenoSacks with the @Bengals. ūüíį¬†

#LegendsLiveHere #GenoSacks #SeizeTheDEY

Ahem.

Re-signed.

Resigned is what the quitter did.

Also, WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great news. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, membengal said:

Ahem.

Re-signed.

Resigned is what the quitter did.

Also, WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great news. 

Fixed

• Like 1

Excellent news.  Wonder what the number was?  Probably smart to sign before Donald breaks the bank.

11 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Excellent news.  Wonder what the number was?  Probably smart to sign before Donald breaks the bank.

It is front-loaded and smart from the team's perspective, as you might guess:

Schefter

Geno Atkins: 4-year extension for $65.3M, $25.5M in first year, per source. More than 50% contract($37.5M) paid in first 2 years. $16.3M yearly average is highest yearly average signed by a 30+ year old non-QB in NFL history.

Andre Perrotta Retweeted Adam Schefter

Strong 2-year Cash Flow for Geno Atkins on his 4-year extension. $37.5M over the first two years is ~$12.95M MORE than Atkins would have made by playing out the last year of his current deal ($9.55M) and next season on the non-exclusive DT Franchise Tag (~$15M).

According to Adam Schefter, the deal is worth $65.3 million over the four new years added to Atkins’ contract, which was set to expire in 2019. Most of the money will come to Atkins within the first two years

Geno is a hall of fame talent, good work front office.

• Upvote 1

Just got home from work and found out about this, yessss! Geno is a beast and well deserving. Awesome we got this (and Dunlap!) squared away right before the season starts. So ready for Bengals football my brethren

I figured Geno would wait till Donald signed his contract to set the bar. Glad Both Geno and Dunlap are back for multiple years. Great news

Good news.

And the word everyone is looking for is "extended". Re-signed means his contract ended and he signed a new one... :26:

Good news.

And the word everyone is looking for is "extended". Re-signed means his contract ended and he signed a new one... :26:

7 hours ago, Elflocko said:

Good news.

And the word everyone is looking for is "extended". Re-signed means his contract ended and he signed a new oneÔĽŅ...¬†:26:

You should probably change the title to Katie Blackburn gives Geno an extension.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I read about this last night on NFL.com. This is awesome news. I was reading an article on CNN about the Bills already being "the worst team in football" based on their performance against us. No credit given to our team or defense for being good, just "The Bills are bad, blah, blah blah" and the comments section is a bunch of Bills fans agreeing with the article writer. 

I had to step in and lay down some facts on them about how Atkins and Dunlap are pro bowlers, collectively have 125 sacks over nine years, tons of forced fumbles, passes defensed, etc.

I hate it when our obvious talent gets overlooked like that. And Buffalo didn't even see Burfict yet! If he had been on the field Allen would have been murdered!

7 minutes ago, Montana Bengal said:

You should probably change the title to Katie Blackburn gives Geno an extension.

Lol

9 minutes ago, Montana Bengal said:

Certainly better than "Geno gives Katie Blackburn an extension."