* ROUND 1, BENGALS SELECT JOE BURROW, QB */Burrow Era

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Good move by Brown, but surprised it is considered unusual to allow the player to ask questions.   Common practice in normal interviews. You can learn a lot about someone from the questions the do or don’t ask. 

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Good move by Brown, but surprised it is considered unusual to allow the player to ask questions.   Common practice in normal interviews. You can learn a lot about someone from the questions the do or don’t ask. 

Mike: wanna be a Bengal?

Joe: yes

Mike: ok...

Interview over...

2 hours ago, membengal said:

He can do that here if they build him a pass protected wall...

Miami is in love with Burrow..

I wondered how far thell go to get him...

All 3 firsts a second and next yrs 2nd...

Mike might still say no to that magnificent

haul...

Why?....

Because they see these gifts in him..

1 minute ago, claptonrocks said:

haul...

Why?....

you are correct sir!

You don't pick door number two when you can see where the grand prize is.

I think we should trade down with Miami in the draft.   I would take their first 2  first round picks and their 2nd rounder (#39) and second 1st rounder in 2021.    Would rather have an extra 1st rounder next year to deal with whatever kicks us in the nuts in 2020.  Every teams takes one to the nuts every year.  With that move here is what I would do. 

round 1, #5: Either Jedrick Wills: OT,  Alabama or Jeffrey Okudah CB Ohio State.  Getting Okudah would be insanely awesome.  Absolute shut down corner. 

round 1, #18: If they don't get Okudah hoping CJ Hendrson, CB Florida of Fulton CB, LSU.   Otherwise its linebacker Kenneth Murray or Patrick Queen.

round 2, #39: Best BPA that is a OT or WR.  Lean toward WR since there would still be quality guys there.

Who is my QB?  It isn't Andy or Cam Newton.  I am signing Jameis Winston to a 2 year prove it to us deal.  I honestly think the Brady signing was STUPID.   NE doesn't low ball him unless they think he is done.  Ariens and TB are acting like a labrador retriever at an indoor tennis facility.  Everyone talks about Winston's INTS but that wasn't his norm the previous 4 years.   What has been the norm is Tampa's defense has been pretty damn bad the last 4 years.  If the guy can cut the ints in half, he is balling.  Just keep him loaded up with crab legs. He is still VERY young and dude can throw the hell out of the ball. 

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

haul...

Why?....

He can also(and does) get rid of the ball quicker if need be. And the o-line here will have plays where he can go through all his progressions. At least he knows how to do that. Andy never seemed to get beyond read two before panicking and bailing on the play.

31 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I think we should trade down with Miami in the draft.   I would take their first 2  first round picks and their 2nd rounder (#39) and second 1st rounder in 2021.    Would rather have an extra 1st rounder next year to deal with whatever kicks us in the nuts in 2020.  Every teams takes one to the nuts every year.  With that move here is what I would do. 

round 1, #5: Either Jedrick Wills: OT,  Alabama or Jeffrey Okudah CB Ohio State.  Getting Okudah would be insanely awesome.  Absolute shut down corner. 

round 1, #18: If they don't get Okudah hoping CJ Hendrson, CB Florida of Fulton CB, LSU.   Otherwise its linebacker Kenneth Murray or Patrick Queen.

round 2, #39: Best BPA that is a OT or WR.  Lean toward WR since there would still be quality guys there.

Who is my QB?  It isn't Andy or Cam Newton.  I am signing Jameis Winston to a 2 year prove it to us deal.  I honestly think the Brady signing was STUPID.   NE doesn't low ball him unless they think he is done.  Ariens and TB are acting like a labrador retriever at an indoor tennis facility.  Everyone talks about Winston's INTS but that wasn't his norm the previous 4 years.   What has been the norm is Tampa's defense has been pretty damn bad the last 4 years.  If the guy can cut the ints in half, he is balling.  Just keep him loaded up with crab legs. He is still VERY young and dude can throw the hell out of the ball. 

It can be so tempting to think about stockpiling all those early draft picks, simply for trading away one of ours, but most Bengal fans would be up in arms at the very thought of Joe Burrow being in any uni but a Bengals' uni next year....fans'd storm PB head office looking for the head of the dolt who ruined their vision of Bengals glory for the next 10 years, lead by one Joseph Lee Burrow.

1 hour ago, Duluoz said:

It can be so tempting to think about stockpiling all those early draft picks, simply for trading away one of ours, but most Bengal fans would be up in arms at the very thought of Joe Burrow being in any uni but a Bengals' uni next year....fans'd storm PB head office looking for the head of the dolt who ruined their vision of Bengals glory for the next 10 years, lead by one Joseph Lee Burrow.

I don’t disagree. 

8 hours ago, Duluoz said:

Alpha_pike.jpg

Here it is 👆

Isn't that Duke Tobin?

On 4/2/2020 at 12:03 AM, Bleeds Orange said:

If the unthinkable were to happen and the league cancelled the season before Burrow signed a contract, would he be free to just not sign at that point, and re-enter the draft again next year, since he wouldn't be playing this year, either way?

On 4/2/2020 at 7:09 AM, membengal said:

No.

Then what was with the talk of his "pulling an Eli" and refusing to sign? I thought it was said when all that shit was being slung around that he could sit a year and be drafted again. From all appearances, he is fine with coming to the team, but there are many who are not convinced there will be a season. After 45 years, I'm trained to consider the worst-case scenario when it comes to this franchise.

The media cant stand the idea of us drafting JB..

They dont want to cover the Bengals and would love to see him in a glitzy city like Miami or elswhere..

Theyll have to put them on a primetime game or two as well...

Hes got all the essentials to be a bigtime 

face in the league...but in Cincinnati? 

Theyll keep trying to make us believe "its for the best" ..

Not gonna happen..he's our face of the future.

Get used to it!

21 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Better yet... (I ordered three)

https://twitter.com/CincyShirts/status/1245398066401861632

Nice!... Imma going to order a couple as well! Be cool to see alot of fans wearing it at games..

Hey i saw on that site that the Bengals alltime punt returner was Rodney Tate...1411 yrds..

Hard to fathom since he was the master at the fair catch..

Sometimes I thought hed never return one...

3 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Nice!... Imma going to order a couple as well! Be cool to see alot of fans wearing it at games..

Hey i saw on that site that the Bengals alltime punt returner was Rodney Tate...1411 yrds..

Hard to fathom since he was the master at the fair catch..

Sometimes I thought hed never return one...

Wearing mine to the Squeele game (if there is one) with an orange long sleeve hoodie under it.

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Another reason Joe Burrow might already be my all time favorite Bengals player. 
:24: 

51E3247A-5780-428A-B456-F3B9D2874BF9.jpeg

Who were they playing that day? Us?

EDIT: Found it. We played them the Sunday following this. We won 37-3.

They won three games that season.

Archived