Keeping our enemies close 2022 season

2 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

IMG_20220811_211448.jpg

Vontaze Burfict Antonio Brown GIF - Vontaze Burfict Antonio Brown Tackle -  Discover & Share GIFs

So weird how he flops dead center on the FG target overlay graphic & without displaying any of the normal reactions most people have to being knocked out.  The average person falls like a sack of potatoes when unconscious but AB is so awesome that he throws his hands up in the air and spins around.   What an amazing competitor to be able to point and laugh on the sidelines after such a devastating injury, and then play the next week with no side effects of any kind.  

Thank goodness he survived being targeted by that vicious, brutal thug.

7 hours ago, T-Dub said:

So weird how he flops dead center on the FG target overlay graphic & without displaying any of the normal reactions most people have to being knocked out.  The average person falls like a sack of potatoes when unconscious but AB is so awesome that he throws his hands up in the air and spins around.   What an amazing competitor to be able to point and laugh on the sidelines after such a devastating injury, and then play the next week with no side effects of any kind.  

That entire event unfolded directly in front of me in my seat at the Stadium-Formerly-Known-as-PBS. It is emblazoned in my memory. 

The “contact”—if there even was any (which I still contend there wasn’t)—was what my old football coach used to call “meeting of the marshmallows”. 

In soccer, the simulation display of pain and injury after little or no contact, is called a “dive”. It’s done to convince a ref of a foul. AB did a masterful Harry Kane that night, and the refs bought it. 

7 hours ago, T-Dub said:

He didn’t play the next week, he was in concussion protocol. 

12 hours ago, Cricket said:

…so you’re saying that he was REALLY good at faking it?  🥷

No, he got a concussion after Burfict targeted him in the head on an absolutely stupid play. 

The sad thing was up to that point, Burfict was having the greatest game I have ever seen by a Bengals’ defensive player.  

And to be honest, he may have gotten away with one on the hit to Big Jen but that one made me smile. 

Just now, BengalBuck said:

Speaking of this POS, doesn't apologizing for his impact on all of these women come across more like an admission of guilt? 

Exactly what I was thinking. Afterwards he supposedly had "no comment" regarding his apology. Seems like the dude just incriminated himself.

Archived