This was a waste of everyone's time and money, the only one who really benefited was Joe's lawyer....

If Joe did it, which he could have, then his victim gets no justice because of the failure to prove that Mixon did do what she alleges. 

If Joe didn't do it, then he missed valuable practice time

The courts could have used the tax payers money on a more worthy case

The prosecutors office looks incompetent

No one wins except for Mixon's lawyer...and Chris Evans who took RB1 snaps in practice in Mixon's absence

2 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

This was a waste of everyone's time and money

Lawyers got paid. Judge got paid. Arresting cops got paid.  Journalists covering it got paid. Stenographer got paid. There's an entire ecosystem that leeches off of cases like this. 

The ones who got screwed are Mixon's wallet and the county tax payers.

• Upvote 1

Bengals' Joe Mixon found not guilty of aggravated menacing charge

Published August 17, 2023 1:40pm EDT

A judge ruled that Pro Bowl running back Joe Mixon not guilty of an aggravated menacing charge stemming from an alleged road rage incident earlier this year.

"The standard of reasonable doubt is the highest standard that we have in our justice system, as it should be," Hamilton County judge Gwen Bender said prior to handing down the ruling.

The decision comes a month after Mixon agreed to a reduced salary in order to stay with the Bengals for the upcoming season. 

Joe Mixon prior to the start of an NFL game

Joe Mixon, #28 of the Cincinnati Bengals, stretches prior to an NFL football game against the Buffalo Bills at Paycor Stadium on January 2, 2023, in Cincinnati, Ohio.  (Kevin Sabitus/Getty Images)

"After a careful of all of the evidence presented at trial, including the stipulations and the testimony presented today, I cannot say the city sustained its burden."

The state alleged Mixon pulled a gun following a road rage incident and told a woman that he should shoot her in the face.

Joe Mixon runs the ball

Cincinnati Bengals running back Joe Mixon (28) looks for room during the third quarter against the Baltimore Ravens at Paycor Stadium. (Joseph Maiorana-USA TODAY Sports)

However, Bender said Cincinnati prosecutors had not produced sufficient evidence to prove the aggravated menacing charge. The incident allegedly happened in late January, shortly before the Bengals were set to play the Buffalo Bills in a playoff game.

Mixon's attorney argued that the woman involved in the alleged traffic dispute had not been under the impression that the Bengals running back would cause her serious harm. Under Ohio law, an individual must believe they are at risk for serious harm in order to claim an act of aggravated menacing occurred.

Mixon did not make any statements after the verdict was announced, but the Bengals released a statement saying the team was happy to see the matter had been resolved.

Joe Mixon smiling

Joe Mixon, #28 of the Cincinnati Bengals, walks off of the field against the New York Jets at MetLife Stadium on September 25, 2022, in East Rutherford, New Jersey.  (Cooper Neill/Getty Images)

"The organization is pleased that this matter is now behind everyone," the Bengals said in a statement, "and we look forward to an exciting season with Joe being an important part of the football team."

Mixon has spent his entire NFL career with the Bengals. He appeared in 14 games during the 2022 campaign and finished the season with 814 yards and scored seven rushing touchdowns. A concussion sidelined him for two games last season.

Mixon had arguably his best season in 2021, rushing for a career-best 1,205 yards and scoring 13 touchdowns.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/bengals-joe-mixon-found-not-guilty-aggravated-menacing-charge?src=rss

On 8/15/2023 at 4:59 PM, PatternMaster said:

And this is when it turned racist...u Cincinnati hilljacks never disappoint.....WTF are you even talking about?

https://www.claytoncountyga.gov/government/courts/state-court/judge-shalonda-jones-parker/

https://nursing.utexas.edu/faculty/shalonda-e-horton

https://www.energy.gov/person/shalanda-h-baker

A few Shalonda's that are doing just fine. 

1 hour ago, kennethmw said:

Damn, I guess we've got another Racist on here, huh??😡😡

My friend Olu, a Nigerian, said to me what I posted as I read aloud a post here that mentioned her name while we ate in the cafeteria at work. I decided to post it as I thought it was funny. Kinda racist but not really. More a criticism or even observation. And if you were honest with yourselves, a valid one if considering the overall point. 

Also, Sorry to disappoint you gentlemen, but I’m not white 😂  and if it makes you feel any better, which I certainly hope it does, I’m an equal opportunity racist. 

Back to Joe Mixon…he’s found not guilty. Yay!  Now, what about the other case? What will happen? The mystery continues…stay tuned to the next episode of “Joe’s Crib”!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, IKOTA said:

My friend Olu, a Nigerian, said to me what I posted as I read aloud a post here that mentioned her name while we ate in the cafeteria at work. I decided to post it as I thought it was funny. Kinda racist but not really. More a criticism or even observation. And if you were honest with yourselves, a valid one if considering the overall point. 

Also, Sorry to disappoint you gentlemen, but I’m not white 😂  and if it makes you feel any better, which I certainly hope it does, I’m an equal opportunity racist. 

Back to Joe Mixon…he’s found not guilty. Yay!  Now, what about the other case? What will happen? The mystery continues…stay tuned to the next episode of “Joe’s Crib”!!

Don't have to be white to be Racist, just have to be stupid.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

23 hours ago, saphead said:

Can they counter-sue the plaintiff for bringing about this bogus case, not being able to control her obvious road rage, anger issues, defamation of character, and wasting everyone's time? And being a bee-otch? 

You think this woman has enough money to sue? 

The civil case is much more problematic for Joe. While it only deals with money damages, it also carries a “preponderance of evidence” standard as opposed to reasonable doubt. This makes more likely that a civil jury would find in favor of the injured minor. 

Even if Joe wasn’t there when dirtbag significant other of sister went on his shooting spree, the weapons were Joe’s and (allegedly) the shots came from his property courtesy of the dirtbag—who would probably have had implied tacit permission from Joe to handle them (not directly to shoot at nerf players, but even if he had implied permission to see them, it’s as broad as it is long to the court). 

Still seeing a quick settlement of this one. 

3 hours ago, kennethmw said:

Don't have to be white to be Racist, just have to be stupid.

He’s a physician who graduated top of his class, I don’t think he’s stupid at all. Actually, he’s one of the smartest people I’ve ever met. 

Me on the other hand, yeah I’m beyond stupid, almost invalid status, but not the originator of the joke. So you’re calling a Nigerian doctor stupid and racist 😂  What a world we live in…

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, sparky151 said:

Mixon was acquitted because his lawyer successfully argued that the victim was more angry than scared when Joe showed her his gun. That argument won't get him very far in the court of Goodell.  

There is no proof that Mixon was actually carrying a gun. The way she described his gun did not match any gun that he owns according to police.

20 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Mixon was acquitted because his lawyer successfully argued that the victim was more angry than scared when Joe showed her his gun. That argument won't get him very far in the court of Goodell.  

I still haven't seen proof he had a gun, just her word about it, to which she could not identify the gun itself.