56 minutes ago, JC said:

The Bengals are content to try and go 3-3 or even 2-4 in the north and dog walk the rest of the league. Might cost them a bye/home field but they’ve beat the Chiefs and Bills on the road so I’m not sure that phases them at all. The moves they’ve made have been to stop explosive pass plays and run their offense out of 11. They are gearing up to beat the Chiefs/Bills/Texans not the Browns/Stealers/Ravens

But unless we meet them in the playoffs, we're not even scheduled to play the Bills or Texans this year. We do need to figure out how to beat the rest of the AFC North since that is six games of our schedule. 

• Upvote 4

What’s the old adage: “Give the home team X points against opponent”?

The Stealers will have trouble scoring points. A split. 

The CFT will score points, defend well, but always prone to critical give-aways. Maybe a split. 

The Rats have their number (except in the playoffs) regardless of where they play. Rat sweep. 

2-4 against the division. Just have to win better against common opponents and limit the AFC losses to an absolute minimum 

This offseason they have demonstrated they really don’t care about trying to impose their will like the other north teams. Got smaller at tailback, aren’t willing to trade Tee, signed a tight end that lines up almost exclusively in the slot, signed a right tackle who excels at pass blocking, lost their best run defender, spent money on a split safety who doesn’t tackle well. Add it up and tell me if they’re gunning for the Ravens or the Chiefs.

Im not saying I don’t want them to get pieces to match up better. I hate losing to those three teams and not even being competitive in half of them. But at the end of the day - they play well against teams outside of the AFCN, so its not like it isn’t working.

• Upvote 3

"They've Gotta Beat Us."

What did the team learn last year? That they can win without Burrow. More important, they learned to do a few different things in order to win sans Burrow. Some of that stuff will show up as the next part of Burrow's game and the evolution of the offense. And they'll do it without compromising the stuff that Burrow likes to do best--which means we'll still see plenty of shotgun, 4 and 5 wide, etc... . So, they got Moss because he can block and run from the shotgun. They got Gesicki who is Boyd's replacement, imo. They got a tackle who will let Burrow be more comfortable in the pocket and have more time to do his magic. This off-season is about becoming more flexible on offense, imo, and they have done a pretty good job of it --on paper.

Not bad moves on the defensive side of the ball, either. So, Fuck Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Baltimore--they've got to beat us.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 6

The division is a concern.  Lamar owns us (8-2 in his career).  Pittsburgh continues to own us.  Burrow hasn’t done well against Cleveland.  They have to find a way to win more division games no doubt about it.  I think improving the defense is the key, not only to the division but also overall.  That side of the ball fell off a cliff last year.  

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

The problem with that as we saw last year is that those are your first tie breakers and if your division also wins games outside of the division you don't get in.

Like getting in with Jack Browning as our QB was going lead to anything other than dropping more spots in the draft. 

Just now, SF2 said:

Like getting in with Jack Browning as our QB was going lead to anything other than dropping more spots in the draft. 

Believe me I would have preferred a higher draft pick, but you can't say that around here without getting labeled a "bandwagon"

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

The teams we have the most trouble with are the ones in our division.

The Bengals are built for the 100 yd dash and to beat the Chiefs and Bills. The others in the AFC North are "high jumpers" built to play each other. 

If they adapted the Bengals to counter AFC North teams they would then lose their ability to be high flying when it matters in January. 

• Like 1

The Bengals are a Ferrari. 🏎️

The Ravens, Squeelers and Clowns are tractors. 🚜 

That can make things tricky on a muddy day in October. 

But thankfully Jan and Feb are decided on a race track

On 3/20/2024 at 9:52 AM, PatternMaster said:

I don't think that losing Mixon and Jonah necessarily makes us that much better as both of those guys were critical to the recent success that has justified our excitement of the current path of the Bengals.  They have been replaced, but it remains to be seen if their replacements are upgrades. 

I agree that the roster is dynamic and will hopefully add more depth and another playmaker at TE and WR before opening day. 

Don't have a problem with any of that, the roster is a different subject. I'm simply tired of hearing the players reference a Super Bowl 2 years ago that they lost. They barely managed 9-8 last year. 

I think they could win one this season if they can lock it in and quit talking like they've already done it. Seem a little too up on themselves for a group that just lost every division game that mattered.

There's not going to be a postseason to worry about if they can't beat AFCN teams. This idea they can just tank 6 losses like it doesnt matter because the Chiefs.. Im sorry, what? 

Some of y'all are on some heavy copium with that line...

7 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

What’s the old adage: “Give the home team X points against opponent”?

The Stealers will have trouble scoring points. A split. 

The CFT will score points, defend well, but always prone to critical give-aways. Maybe a split. 

The Rats have their number (except in the playoffs) regardless of where they play. Rat sweep. 

2-4 against the division. Just have to win better against common opponents and limit the AFC losses to an absolute minimum 

Then splitting with Rats is essential.

6 hours ago, Homer_Rice said:

"They've Gotta Beat Us."

What did the team learn last year? That they can win without Burrow. More important, they learned to do a few different things in order to win sans Burrow. Some of that stuff will show up as the next part of Burrow's game and the evolution of the offense. And they'll do it without compromising the stuff that Burrow likes to do best--which means we'll still see plenty of shotgun, 4 and 5 wide, etc... . So, they got Moss because he can block and run from the shotgun. They got Gesicki who is Boyd's replacement, imo. They got a tackle who will let Burrow be more comfortable in the pocket and have more time to do his magic. This off-season is about becoming more flexible on offense, imo, and they have done a pretty good job of it --on paper.

Not bad moves on the defensive side of the ball, either. So, Fuck Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Baltimore--they've got to beat us.

You should take that comment  down to the stadium and read it to them before their first game to motivate them.

I know it did me..😎

Tks for the enlightenment..

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

image.png.81ff63c498c72b44965060a070acc4af.png

Hi Tee Higgins Agent,

Dumbass.  Here's what we are going to do.

Tag Tee this year and next.

After that, he won't be worth nearly as much as a free agent.

So we are going to offer a three year contract that is more per year then the franchise tag pays

and a decent, comparable third year on the deal.

Good money, job security in a place that loves Tee and shot at playoff and Super Bowl money to boot.

Boom!  And you can even borrow my pen, if you promise to give it back.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The division is a concern.  Lamar owns us (8-2 in his career).  Pittsburgh continues to own us.  Burrow hasn’t done well against Cleveland.  They have to find a way to win more division games no doubt about it.  I think improving the defense is the key, not only to the division but also overall.  That side of the ball fell off a cliff last year.  

The safeties were raw inexperienced and no communication.

Katy improved that corps immensely.

Finding division wins in the AFCN will Allways be a priority.

We now have the team to compete with all of them.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Now that was Damn funny...

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

I can agree with this, but you need to have that Ferrari motor (9) on the track. The injuries need to stop. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1