Vincent Rey

This guy was down at Duke running 7v7 against Peyton in the off-season.  I think he is going to be a bigger factor in the nickel.  Especially since he probably just matched our total sack amount from the linebacking crew in one game.  Hats off Vinny.  You were a bright spot on a good defense today.

I'd venture to say that was as good a game from a Bengal LB as I've seen in years. He was outstanding in every area. Blitzing, pass coverage, run D, and tackling. He was everywhere making plays.

The D was terrific today, other than penalties - which were huge.

This pretty much sums it up. Our poor, battered defense did everything it could to win, outside of penalties, and still held up well. Vincent Rey has earned a spot on this team after today, IMO. Guy was everywhere.

played well, but he was the unknown, so he would ahve to string 2-3 of those type games together once teams ahve film of him in the schemes and things...

playing unaccounted for next to a guy like burfict is kind of a sweet gig..

sidenote: burfict is one of the best LB's in the league...

I got to hand it to Vincent Rey.  For one game this Rey was more Ray than their former Ray.

Sucks that ultimately it goes in a loss, but I'm pretty sure that besides that, most of the NFL has taken a bit of a second look at him.  The next team will be looking for him next week. I hope this game wasn't a fluke--ok, maybe it was, but if he's more effective in there than Rey M., give Vincent Ray a little more game time.

I'm very encouraged with how he played. Like Go said, let's see him do for a few more games to see what we've got.  If he plays like he did yesterday it will be hard for Marv and Zim to give Rey M. his job back though he was playing well too.

I think there's plenty of snaps to go around, as far as playing time goes. 

Archived