The Dirty Hit on Huber

Wonder if this is career threatening? If it is, this guy should get a huge fine and suspension.

Chris Mortensen@mortreport2m

Bengals punter Kevin Huber not only suffered broken jaw but also a cracked vertebrae in his neck on block by Steelers' Gavin. Headed to IR.

This is complete & utter fucking bullshit.

What I thought was hilarious... after the commercial break they piece together 3 separate blocks during that punt return and Collinsworth (whom I typically enjoy listening to as he provides good information normally) says this is just old school Pittsburgh against the old Bengals and Pittsburgh is just beating up on the Bengals.

While I agree our team let them bully us (while our guys just bitched wanting a flag) 2 of the 3 plays were clear penalties... only one that was clean were the blocks on Ghee.  Huber's was blatant as hell and 57 will see the $16,000 variety fine.  And, don't remember who it was but dude got flattened in the back...

Regardless... I didn't feel good about that game for the last couple weeks and felt even worse yesterday leading up to it.  Especially after the #2 seed up for grabs - just felt like it was prime choke job spot.  #2 seed there, primetime, ag Pitt who have nothing but spoiler to play for... our punter can't handle a punt that has to travel 12 yards due to wind but Pitt's kicker can send a fg from 43 and send it right down broadway.  Just wasn't our night.

I didn't have a good feeling about it myself. I don't know why... just like you said, seemed like the perfect time to lose and make things interesting.

Not only he is hurt bad, the NFL hasn't fucking said anything about it. PATHETIC!!!!

Things like this make me want to wash my hands of the NFL entirely.  It's not bad enough that we have a coach who seems incapable of getting his team ready for a big game, but the darling teams can get away with murder on the field so even if your team is great, and does come to play, your chances are still pretty thin. 

Our punter took an egregious hit that put him in worse shape that Rapistburger after he kissed a fucking windshield at 30 MPH, and the "Player Safety" NFL is fucking mute.

Think about that for a second... 

Wonder if this is career threatening? If it is, this guy should get a huge fine and suspension.

Chris Mortensen‏@mortreport2m

Bengals punter Kevin Huber not only suffered broken jaw but also a cracked vertebrae in his neck on block by Steelers' Gavin. Headed to IR.

Garvin should be suspended without pay until Huber returns. If Huber retires ala Pollack, then Garvin is done too. This wasn't an accidental, unintentional injury. It was a serious injury inflicted by a deliberately dirty play. That the refs missed it is a black eye for the league. The refs responsible for calling it should be suspended for a game and not allowed to work in the post season. The Steelers coach should be fined for having a player cheap shot an opposing kicker or punter (they've been protected since the bounty games between the Eagles and Cowboys). The Steeler organization should be fined 100K as repeat offenders of the Keith Rivers rule and not allowed any roster relief for Garvin's unavailability. 

The NFL can't really fix the problem but their standings and playoff seedings have been altered by dirty play and incompetent (to be charitable) officiating. 

Garvin should be suspended without pay until Huber returns. If Huber retires ala Pollack, then Garvin is done too. This wasn't an accidental, unintentional injury. It was a serious injury inflicted by a deliberately dirty play. That the refs missed it is a black eye for the league. The refs responsible for calling it should be suspended for a game and not allowed to work in the post season. The Steelers coach should be fined for having a player cheap shot an opposing kicker or punter (they've been protected since the bounty games between the Eagles and Cowboys). The Steeler organization should be fined 100K as repeat offenders of the Keith Rivers rule and not allowed any roster relief for Garvin's unavailability. 

The NFL can't really fix the problem but their standings and playoff seedings have been altered by dirty play and incompetent (to be charitable) officiating. 

Love this. I just wish it wasn't fantasy land.

Huber should ask for assault charges to be filed ... I'm surprised the Squeeler bitch didn't reach for his wallet.

If I was Marvin, I would have grabbed one of those towel boys for the Bengals, handed him a scalpel they use to cut the shoe tape off, and told him, "the team has 250K for you if you run out onto the field on the next offense play and jam this in Big Jen's throwing arm."  

I fear Huber (who I would contend had become the BEST PUNTER IN THE LEAGUE) might be done for good.

So fucking pissed! That bug-eyed alien looking mother fucker Tomlin is such a piece of shit! I can't wait till week one of the playoffs when the Squeeling Cunts are home on the couch and the Bengals are playing or on bye.

A glimmer of good news in bold.... 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10147496/kevin-huber-cincinnati-bengals-injured-neck

Cincinnati Bengals punter Kevin Huber not only suffered a broken jaw on a blindside block during a 68-yard touchdown return by the Pittsburgh Steelers' Antonio Brown in the first quarter Sunday night, but sources say he also suffered a cracked vertebra in his neck on the vicious hit from Terence Garvin.

Huber, who also is the team's holder for place kicks, will be placed on injured reserve. Doctors have told the punter that if his injuries heal properly, he should be able to resume his career next season, sources said.

The block by Garvin is under review by the league. Referee Ed Hochuli's crew did not penalize Garvin for the hit that left Huber bleeding on the ground for three minutes before he was helped from the field. The team initially announced he suffered a fractured jaw, but X-rays determined he also suffered the cracked vertebra.

Huber was injured when he took a hard hit as he was running downfield to help on punt coverage. When Garvin hit him, the top of his helmet appeared to drive into the bottom of Huber's face mask.

Brown's score gave Pittsburgh a 21-0 lead. The Steelers (6-8) held on for a 30-20 victory over the Bengals (9-5) at Heinz Field.

The awful officiating on that play exemplifies the shocking decline in the quality of NFL game officials this season. It wasn't that long ago when people were wringing their hands over the performance of the replacement officials. It is obvious to me that the current crop of NFL officials are patently worse than those replacements. Last night, the officials' incompetence was blatant and actively impacted the course of the game.  

Just talked with stooler nation at lunch and was told it was just a tackle not a dirty hit.  Even though that dirty mutha f'er watched for him, ran over to him, and then lowered his helmet into his jaw.  I'm sorry but if there is ever a time to go off and kick somebody's ass on national tv - that was it.  Had any of our players went over speared him in the back (or hell...in the front) I would be completely ok with it.

Just talked with stooler nation at lunch and was told it was just a tackle not a dirty hit.  Even though that dirty mutha f'er watched for him, ran over to him, and then lowered his helmet into his jaw.  I'm sorry but if there is ever a time to go off and kick somebody's ass on national tv - that was it.  Had any of our players went over speared him in the back (or hell...in the front) I would be completely ok with it.

remind him it's not ok to tackle someone who doesn't have the ball...

honestly at this point I'd rather have the patriots beat the ravens and the Bengals clinch the division next week rather than go into week 17 with a chance to either be the #2 seed or not in the playoffs at all, which could happen.

A Ravens loss tonight keeps them 2 games behind us with 2 to play...  we win next week and that ensures us the division... if Ravens beat NE then they come to our place the last game of the season and their only chance is the #6 WC spot.

We'd be playing for anywhere from the #2 to the #4 seed depending on what the Colts do the rest of the way.  I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE us playing at home, final game of the season for a #2 seed, first round bye, guaranteed divisional playoff game, and knocking the Ravens out of the playoffs all in the same game.

That would theoretically mean we'd likely get NE (as they'd likely play Miami in WC round) at home in the divisional round with Colts / KC going to Denver...  gives me hard on just thinking it through...

If we lose the next two games, heck if we lose to Minnesota next week, we don't deserve to make the playoffs.  Their defense is 30th and 31st against the run and pass... if we can't hang 31 on these guys we got bigger issues.

Archived