The Dirty Hit on Huber

Yup, back to full blown irate. 

Btw, if that had been the Pats punter blown up like that, the screaming and whining from the national talking heads and Peter Kings and what not would be deafening. But its a Bengal? Well, just a consequence of the Steelers being tougher physically, apparently. Fuck all of them. 

Yeah, I don't expect any more than a fine for Garvin and private scolding of the officials.

Garvin is an ersatz bestiarii, who won't be in the NFL long enough for anyone to care. And the NFL doesn't care enough about its own integrity to scold anyone--especially their unassailable, qualified, mercenary officials.   

Just talked with stooler nation at lunch and was told it was just a tackle not a dirty hit.  Even though that dirty mutha f'er watched for him, ran over to him, and then lowered his helmet into his jaw.  I'm sorry but if there is ever a time to go off and kick somebody's ass on national tv - that was it.  Had any of our players went over speared him in the back (or hell...in the front) I would be completely ok with it.

Just a tackle on a punter that didn't have the ball?  Steeler fans are such a dim-witted bunch,

Not true. He busted up his face,

Uh, notice the ninja.  That was in reference to actual reports that Ben almost died in that accident...as well as any other time he's had an injury.  It's a miracle that he is still alive.   :ninja: 

[Blueridge, please notice the ninja.]

Just talked with stooler nation at lunch and was told it was just a tackle not a dirty hit.  Even though that dirty mutha f'er watched for him, ran over to him, and then lowered his helmet into his jaw.  I'm sorry but if there is ever a time to go off and kick somebody's ass on national tv - that was it.  Had any of our players went over speared him in the back (or hell...in the front) I would be completely ok with it.

It was the EXACT same hit that Ward leveled on Rivers. The rule was created to stop this type of blindsided block.

I know the party line is not to retaliate, and in most cases maybe that's the right way to handle it.  There comes a point where, if the refs aren't going to enforce the rules, you've got to do some enforcing of your own. Yes, we would have almost certainly been penalized for it. Fuck 'em. You have to let the other guy know there are going to be consequences one way or the other. If the league isn't willing to protect the players equally the coaches need to allow them to handle it.  Save that noise about not stooping to their level for Sunday School, they needed to stand up for themselves. There are more important things than penalties and fines.  Grabbing your ankles is not taking the high road.

I know the party line is not to retaliate, and in most cases maybe that's the right way to handle it.  There comes a point where, if the refs aren't going to enforce the rules, you've got to do some enforcing of your own. Yes, we would have almost certainly been penalized for it. Fuck 'em. You have to let the other guy know there are going to be consequences one way or the other. If the league isn't willing to protect the players equally the coaches need to allow them to handle it.  Save that noise about not stooping to their level for Sunday School, they needed to stand up for themselves. There are more important things than penalties and fines.  Grabbing your ankles is not taking the high road.

I agree. Gotta stand up for yourself and your teammates or it just never stops. If I was coaching the Bengals last night I'd likely lost my job. We would have targeted that dude and he would have left on a cart

So the top officiating crew in the league are just so shitty at their jobs they didn't see the multiple & egregious penalties not only on that play but throughout the game.  But Nelson gets flagged for "taunting".  No agenda there at all. Right.

You disappoint me. This is usually where you come up with a good Collinsworth zinger. So I'll just have to recycle one of your old ones that pertains to this.

"That's just good ol fasshin' stiller football harf harf"

Mike Pereira:  "yea they missed it.  It's a foul.  The punter is considered a defenseless player throughout the entire play.  It was a helmet to the chin.  There will be a serious fine.  The officials will be downgraded for their performance."

How can shit be downgraded?

You disappoint me. This is usually where you come up with a good Collinsworth zinger. So I'll just have to recycle one of your old ones that pertains to this.

"That's just good ol fasshin' stiller football harf harf"

:good:

Thanks for the laugh, but I knew what to expect from Collinsworthless.  I, like most, knew what to expect from a cornered Stooler franchise.  What I didn't expect was for our team to get treated like a punching bag on SNF. 

For the record, I really despise the bush league, eye-for-an-eye stuff.  I'm not suggesting we should've started diving at knees but if ever there was a time for a clear-the-benches brawl at midfield.. I would've been fine with one or two of ours getting ejected.

If they're going to sit in the booth and chortle about "Pissburt's old-fashioned street fightin' ways" I don't want to hear any bullshit about player safety.  If they aren't going to enforce the rules we might as well start swinging or go home, right? It's no longer a game when you break someone's neck.

Archived