The Dirty Hit on Huber

I can't wait for the day that one of our players lays out one of theirs and ends their career cause I will celebrate that shit with class 

:lmao:

:headbang:

I agree.. Another team creeps closer every once in a while....then they totally redeem themselves.

The Stealers take up so much of my hate, 2nd place doesn't have much left. 

I wish if you could do that to the guy that hit Huber.

If I'm getting jail time, I want it to be worth it and hurt their team more ... not some special teams scrub. 

But if you give me a 2 for 1 ... then sure ... although I think Gavin deserves to be slid on a 3 foot razor blade into a pool of rubbing alcohol (switch it up). 

Dean Blandino, the NFL's vice president of officiating, has confirmed what had been speculated upon: Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Terence Garvin should have been penalized for the vicious hit.

"Huber, he's a punter. And the key is he's defenseless throughout the down," Blandino said Tuesday on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access." "So even though he's pursuing the play, he still gets defenseless-player protection. You can't hit him in the head or neck, and you can't use the crown or forehead parts of the helmet to the body.

"This is an illegal block. It should have been a flag for a 15-yard penalty," Blandino went on. "You'll see the close up where you can see the contact to the head or neck area. So this will certainly be a point of emphasis this week, especially with our referees who are responsible for the punter on plays like this.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000300186/article/nfl-steelers-shouldve-been-flagged-for-huber-block?campaign=Twitter_atl

Dean Blandino, the NFL's vice president of officiating, has confirmed what had been speculated upon: Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Terence Garvin should have been penalized for the vicious hit.
"Huber, he's a punter. And the key is he's defenseless throughout the down," Blandino said Tuesday on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access." "So even though he's pursuing the play, he still gets defenseless-player protection. You can't hit him in the head or neck, and you can't use the crown or forehead parts of the helmet to the body.
"This is an illegal block. It should have been a flag for a 15-yard penalty," Blandino went on. "You'll see the close up where you can see the contact to the head or neck area. So this will certainly be a point of emphasis this week, especially with our referees who are responsible for the punter on plays like this.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000300186/article/nfl-steelers-shouldve-been-flagged-for-huber-block?campaign=Twitter_atl

All this revisionist bull shit from the league is sickening.

Are we SURE the NFL games are not fixed? I've always thought that people that said that were probably wackos, but now I'm starting to wonder. And I'm not just talking about our games:

Cleveland got fucked by refs against New England. The Vikings were screwed by the refs against the Ratbirds, and Gruden showed all the plays last night where they jobbed Detroit.

Am I paranoid--these can't all be 'coincidences'!

Are we SURE the NFL games are not fixed? I've always thought that people that said that were probably wackos, but now I'm starting to wonder. And I'm not just talking about our games:

Cleveland got fucked by refs against New England. The Vikings were screwed by the refs against the Ratbirds, and Gruden showed all the plays last night where they jobbed Detroit.

You're not the only person who suspects as much...

Well, the officials have a lot of power to change the outcome of a game. They can pretty much always find a hold or pass interference if they want. They make less than the players so in theory are more easily tempted by 100K or so. Some NBA officials have been caught betting on games. In England some soccer players were caught making proposition bets that didn't change the outcome of the match.

The Superbowl after the 2005 season was officiated as if the refs had bet their houses on Pittsburgh over Seattle. I remember John Madden looking at a replay of an alleged "hold" that nullified a big Seattle play and saying "that's not holding". There was also a big Pittsburgh play where Roethlisberger threw the ball as he approached the line of scrimmage to Ward near the goal line. The officials had a conference and it was obvious the play was coming back. Then it turned out they were discussing whether he was behind the line of scrimmage when he threw rather than the whole Pittsburgh O-line being downfield blocking because they though he was scrambling (which he did a lot in those days). That was the game where Hasselbeck was called for an illegal block when trying to tackle a defender after an interception.

Well, the officials have a lot of power to change the outcome of a game. They can pretty much always find a hold or pass interference if they want. They make less than the players so in theory are more easily tempted by 100K or so. Some NBA officials have been caught betting on games. In England some soccer players were caught making proposition bets that didn't change the outcome of the match.

The Superbowl after the 2005 season was officiated as if the refs had bet their houses on Pittsburgh over Seattle. I remember John Madden looking at a replay of an alleged "hold" that nullified a big Seattle play and saying "that's not holding". There was also a big Pittsburgh play where Roethlisberger threw the ball as he approached the line of scrimmage to Ward near the goal line. The officials had a conference and it was obvious the play was coming back. Then it turned out they were discussing whether he was behind the line of scrimmage when he threw rather than the whole Pittsburgh O-line being downfield blocking because they though he was scrambling (which he did a lot in those days). That was the game where Hasselbeck was called for an illegal block when trying to tackle a defender after an interception.

Here are some photos from that game.  I suspected something was up when I saw what the refs were wearing...

stealer.jpg

referee.jpg

Here is a blog entry I stumbled across while doing the search for these photos:  http://heelheat.blogspot.com/2011/02/steelers-refs.html

I understand that a PK/P is defenseless throughout a play, but is he saying that was the only reason it was an illegal block?  I thought it was a flagrant foul anytime you lead with the crown of the helmet?  With all of the emphasis they've had in recent years I can't believe its legal when any player hits any other player in the jaw with the crown of their helmet like that assbag did.

I can't wait for the day that one of our players lays out one of theirs and ends their career cause I will celebrate that shit with class 

BJ write a new chapter of the WD Prophecy.

The man Rubmle speaks of exists.  His name is Vontaze.

http://deadspin.com/seven-year-old-writes-supportive-letter-to-injured-beng-1485396396

This is too good.

Dear Kevin,

I hope you feel better soon. I am mad at the Steelers because you are my #1 player. I am 7 years old and love the Bengals and Bearcats. I know you played for the Bearcats and Bengals and I love the teams. I hope that Steeler player loses his house and has to live in a car.

Get well soon,

Nicholas Andrew Johnson.

I hope it's a smart-car..

Tomlin responds:

As for ramifications toward Garvin, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday he expects the league to discipline his linebacker and offered the block wasn’t executed properly.

“The nature in which the block unfolded, obviously, is not what we’re looking for,” Tomlin said. “It’s not what we coach.”

Tomlin responds:

As for ramifications toward Garvin, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday he expects the league to discipline his linebacker and offered the block wasn’t executed properly.

“The nature in which the block unfolded, obviously, is not what we’re looking for,” Tomlin said. “It’s not what we coach.”

:24:

Tomlin responds:

As for ramifications toward Garvin, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday he expects the league to discipline his linebacker and offered the block wasnt executed properly.
The nature in which the block unfolded, obviously, is not what were looking for, Tomlin said. Its not what we coach.

I am honestly surprised he didn't try to defend him

Ed Hochuli's crew officiated this game ...

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2013/12/14/the-walkthrough-view-from-pittsburgh-and-ed-hochuli-breakdown/

...should have known.

Mike Pereira:  "yea they missed it.  It's a foul.  The punter is considered a defenseless player throughout the entire play.  It was a helmet to the chin.  There will be a serious fine.  The officials will be downgraded for their performance."

Archived