Sims Re-signs

Hmph.

I'd like this signing a WHOLE LOT if I thought there was ANY chance it meant Domata Peko might be pushed off the roster.  It doesn't, though.  Soooo... unless there's an injury to Peko or Thompson, I don't think Pat Sims will make the final 53.  Who knows, though?  If Sims isn't camp fodder, maybe it means the Bengals are planning to use Gilberry and/or Hunt inside (more than just once in a blue moon) on passing downs.

I wish they'd never let him go in the first place.  He was (is?) a helluva run defender.

We went from "status quo" to the "recycling program".  Awesome!  

Draft can't get here soon enough!  I agree somewhat with Spicoli though.

If we take a DT in the first 2 rounds, the competition at DT will be something

to watch.  I think if Still's daughter continues to get better or stay better/healthy

and he's able to focus, hey may finally live up to his potential.  

Clearing the deck for a WR at #21 ...

hopefully DGB (the best in the draft class).

A WR in the first round... one might assume they are clearing the decks for an AJ green departure.... WTH....  not to mention with AJ and Leon departing next year it saves 20 million in two players... Im not for this but im just putting it out there....

to watch.  I think if Still's daughter continues to get better or stay better/healthy

lets hope this doesn't mean the return of Ocho Cinco.... LOL

A WR in the first round... one might assume they are clearing the decks for an AJ green departure.... WTH....  not to mention with AJ and Leon departing next year it saves 20 million in two players... Im not for this but im just putting it out there....

If WR's won championships, Calvin Johnson would have a ring on every finger.

and for a little perspective, do you honestly believe that NE or Seattle would ever pay that much for a WR?

Someone put out the suicide watch for HairOnFire

Poor thing does take this internet forum business very seriously, validation of life type of seriousness with the arguments he 'must win'.....I concur, get a George Zimmerman neighborhood watch type into that trailer park and make sure nobody hurts themselves.  

Eh, he was pretty bad for two years before Leah got sick.

Love this move.  Guy played well in our rotation.  Makes you wonder though, three guys who are one techniques unless they want to roll with just one three technique.  

Going to be an interesting camp.  Can't see them cutting Peko, but they aren't going to cut Brandon with him making pennies.  Like BA mentioned, probably means an end is going to be playing more of a swing role and Devon may be in trouble.  

Of course, this is before we end up with one of our TC injuries.  Almost like clockwork.  We may not have to worry about numbers at the end of the day anyways.

Signing known commodities is actually a better idea than traditional free agents ... you know what you need, and you happen to know exactly who can fulfill that requirement from past experience. It shouldn't be mocked.

This is correct and I agree 100%. A lot of free agents don't perform up to the level they are expected because their previous team had a different scheme, teammates, etc. some of our decent players leave and bust in a different system.

Welcome back Pat Sims, please eat some fruits and vegetables and stay healthy.

Archived