* RD 4 Bengals select Andrew Billings DT, Baylor

Why do people say he is only a 2 down DT and can only stuff the run? He looks very athletic and quick for a big man so don't see any reason why he can't get to the quarterback especially playing on a line with Geno, Dunlap and Johnson. 

He can. You can see in the film... he can close in a hurry. He's got a great motor, too, unlike a lot of DL coming into the league. 

He can run - on one play on You Tube, he tracks down a ball carrier (not another lineman) 40-50 yards downfield. This guy is gonna play next year... he's really good.  

Billings was my favorite DT in this draft. But I never mocked him to us because I never thought he'd get to 24. After his 40 time at the combine, and how highly rated he already was I thought for sure he'd go in the top 20 picks. 

x2. Best DT I watched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The usual hatewagon bitching about Peko don't know WTF they're talking about. He's still drawing double teams in the 4th quarter & Zimmer loved the guy & he's not exactly Dick Vermeil with the mushy stuff . Peko's on the downside of his career is all & no one has stepped up at that NT spot. Get him on even a 60/40 split with someone that can play more than 2 downs in a row & the entire starting DL will be All Pro.

Billings could be that guy. Neither Sims or BT have been anything special. Doubt all 3 make the team.

The usual hatewagon bitching about Peko don't know WTF they're talking about. He's still drawing double teams in the 4th quarter & Zimmer loved the guy & he's not exactly Dick Vermeil with the mushy stuff . Peko's on the downside of his career is all & no one has stepped up at that NT spot. Get him on even a 60/40 split with someone that can play more than 2 downs in a row & the entire starting DL will be All Pro.

Billings could be that guy. Neither Sims or BT have been anything special. Doubt all 3 make the team.

Thompson will start out on PUP and not count against the 53-man. I think they want to have him around in case somebody gets injured mid-season so he can add a late season boost. Pretty sure they can keep him around and not counting against the 53 until Week 11 or so before they have to make a decision what to do with him.

I see us keeping 5 DTs with Atkins, Peko, Billings, Sims and Hardison. Williams probably ends up on the PS unless one of the 5 in front of him go down with injury or he just has an amazing camp. 

Billings was my favorite DT in this draft. But I never mocked him to us because I never thought he'd get to 24. After his 40 time at the combine, and how highly rated he already was I thought for sure he'd go in the top 20 picks. 

I was in a mock offseason at another site in March and the Cowboys took Billings with the #4 overall pick. They'd all seen him play a lot and thought he was the best DL in the draft. 

I was in a mock offseason at another site in March and the Cowboys took Billings with the #4 overall pick. They'd all seen him play a lot and thought he was the best DL in the draft. 

Still confused as to why he was there so late.  Did he join ISIS?

Billings taking Peko's spot at FB could be fun to watch.

So sick of people saying peko leaving and hes washed up... Has a career high in sacks? Peko will be there for 3 more years 

I think the Peko hate is over the top too, but he wont be here for 3 more years, he will play out the end of this contract which I believe ends this year.

Thompson will start out on PUP and not count against the 53-man. I think they want to have him around in case somebody gets injured mid-season so he can add a late season boost. Pretty sure they can keep him around and not counting against the 53 until Week 11 or so before they have to make a decision what to do with him.

I see us keeping 5 DTs with Atkins, Peko, Billings, Sims and Hardison. Williams probably ends up on the PS unless one of the 5 in front of him go down with injury or he just has an amazing camp. 

I think the dline is set with 9 guys: DE:Dunlap, Johnson, Clarke, & Hunt, DT: Atkins, Peko, Billings, Sims, and Hardison. That's a good mix of vets & young guys.

Billings is the type of guy that demands double teams so he makes it easier for guys like Hunt and Clarke. I expect a big year from both those young DE, I'm predicting 10 sacks between the 2.  

I think the dline is set with 9 guys: DE:Dunlap, Johnson, Clarke, & Hunt, DT: Atkins, Peko, Billings, Sims, and Hardison. That's a good mix of vets & young guys.

Billings is the type of guy that demands double teams so he makes it easier for guys like Hunt and Clarke. I expect a big year from both those young DE, I'm predicting 10 sacks between the 2.  

What about DeShawn Williams?

I think the Peko hate is over the top too, but he wont be here for 3 more years, he will play out the end of this contract which I believe ends this year.

Depending on Sims performance, D.Williams year 2 and if Thompson stays healthy or not. I could see them signing Peko for 1 more year. Thompson/Sims haven't stayed healthy enough to be reliable to combo with Billings in the future without some concern on lack of depth.

it does  ends this year but I believe he will at least get a 1 year extension their coaching staff loves him the players love him ands I see him here at least another 2 

Archived