Bills Bengals; Good, Bad, and Ugly

As good a place as any to put this...
Per the radio post game show, Andy played with an injured ankle in the second half.  One of our O linemen rolled him up.
We saw McCarron warming up a couple times on the sidelines.  I wasn't even sure he was going to play.

Out of curiosity, who was McCarron warming up with ?

I thought the defense was good overall.  Burfict and Atkins lead the way.  Vigil and Lawson continued to make plays.  The secondary held up despite a rash of injuries.  Holding Buffalo to a field goal when they were starting at our own 12 was probably the key sequence of the game.

I would also put the big plays from Andy to AJ and Tyler Kroft in the good column. 

The bad would be lead by the running game.  Hard to have balance on offense when you can't gain more than a couple yards per carry.  Line play was mostly to blame. 

The ugly would be the turnovers.  AJ gets the blame for 2.5 of them, Andy for the other .5.  We were lucky to survive them.  Injuries were also ugly as we lost both starting corners and Boyd, as well as Dalton being clearly hobbled by a sprained ankle. 

5 hours ago, Numbers said:

Something tells me that if I rewind the Stealer Bengal game at PBS, I'd see that the drink originated from the same corner of the endzone. Opposite from where Amish and LT sit and a little closer to the field.

Didn't see any throwing of anything. It was so fucking wet I am surprised anyone would notice if it was beer, piss, or champagne. 

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

As good a place as any to put this...

Per the radio post game show, Andy played with an injured ankle in the second half.  One of our O linemen rolled him up.

We saw McCarron warming up a couple times on the sidelines.  I wasn't even sure he was going to play.

A good place for this:

Any one who ever questions the toughness or courage of our starting QB is, quite simply, full of shit. End of story. 

The Good:

Andy Dalton had a pretty amazing game today. Playing hurt, in the rain, with tons of drops and still put up 300 against a very good defense. He had two third down plays that were fantastic... And then AJ fumbled. Did he make a bad read or two? Yes. So did Tyrod "smart with the ball" Taylor. Suck it haters.

The defense. Down 2 starting CB's in a game where we were -3 in TO differential, and we still pulled out the W. Buffalo was held to 221 yards.

The pass protection. It was noticeably better today.

Burfict and Vigil. On a day when we expected to see a ton of McCoy, our usual Achilles heel  wasn't absent. Buffalo got little out of screens. McCoy's longest play was 7 yards.

The Bad: 

Hate to call him out, but AJ Green, 3 TO's? One was a high throw by Dalton, but that's how you throw to a 6'4" wideout. This is the NFL, you have to make that play.

The running game. It shouldn't even be on your QB to have to throw on 3rd and 2.

The Ugly:

Up by 3, on our 29 yard line, Bufflao plays for the FG. Ouchie. 

First to end all of this BS It was just water everyone. If you watch closely It was a Crystal clear liquid. The person probably drank his soda and it filled back up with rain water. Now back to the game

Great :
Andy Dalton - Have to say this might of been his best game as a Bengal. Bum ankle in the pouring rain against an elite defense. If not for drops he's well over 400 yards passing.

Burfict - My god he played like the NFL DPOY today. He had the chance to layout several huge hits but let up before making contact. One questionable hit on the Iloka INT has me a bit nervous but again he let up to avoid contact but still made contact.

Geno - Geno being Geno

Lawson- My god what a find in the 4th rd. Could see him in the Pro Bowl this year.

Oline pass pro- Probably not great but compared to what we've seen so far A+++.

Kroft- This guy is making me not miss Eifert one bit. I see several 2 TE sets in the future.

Bad: No bad we won

Ugly: Ben Roethlisbergers performance

The Bad: Andy's (AJ's) two interceptions

The Good: Roastedburger's five interceptions, two for TD's

The Good:  Some fan throwing a cup of piss on Brandon Tate.

The Good:  The win.

The Bad: The ice Marvin was on grows a bit thicker and his seat a little cooler.

The Good: A Cethane "Who?" Carter sighting

The Bad: A Cethane "Who?" Carter sighting

The Good: Randy Bullock looks like a penguin waddling up to kick the ball.

And what was the penalty against the Bengals late in the game for someone being on the field or something?

Could not understand the call.

26 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

The Bad: Andy's (AJ's) two interceptions

The Good: Roastedburger's five interceptions, two for TD's

The Good:  Some fan throwing a cup of piss on Brandon Tate.

The Good:  The win.

The Bad: The ice Marvin was on grows a bit thicker and his seat a little cooler.

The Good: A Cethane "Who?" Carter sighting

The Bad: A Cethane "Who?" Carter sighting

The Good: Randy Bullock looks like a penguin waddling up to kick the ball.

And what was the penalty against the Bengals late in the game for someone being on the field or something?

Could not understand the call.

Someone was in the refs way when he was running down the field during a play. you are supposed to back up

Bengals were warned once and did it again..  Just stupidity on the Bengals part

5 hours ago, jhowdy54 said:

First to end all of this BS It was just water everyone. If you watch closely It was a Crystal clear liquid. The person probably drank his soda and it filled back up with rain water. Now back to the game

Great :
Andy Dalton - Have to say this might of been his best game as a Bengal. Bum ankle in the pouring rain against an elite defense. If not for drops he's well over 400 yards passing.

Burfict - My god he played like the NFL DPOY today. He had the chance to layout several huge hits but let up before making contact. One questionable hit on the Iloka INT has me a bit nervous but again he let up to avoid contact but still made contact.

Geno - Geno being Geno

Lawson- My god what a find in the 4th rd. Could see him in the Pro Bowl this year.

Oline pass pro- Probably not great but compared to what we've seen so far A+++.

Kroft- This guy is making me not miss Eifert one bit. I see several 2 TE sets in the future.

Bad: No bad we won

Ugly: Ben Roethlisbergers performance

Nice analysis except I argue Ben's performance was beautiful!

Good:  Bengals won.  Stealers lost.  Cowboys lost.

Ugly:  Rapistburger

Anyone watch the Cowboys/Packers game?  Followed the same storyline of the Bengals v Packers.  They were all over Rodgers in the first half, but in the second the run game, quick passes and Rodgers moving changed the game.  Are the Packers playing some kind of football rope-a-dope?  Anyway...the Bengals losses aren't looking as bad at this point.  Except Baltimore.

2 hours ago, fluhartz said:

Someone was in the refs way when he was running down the field during a play. you are supposed to back up

Bengals were warned once and did it again..  Just stupidity on the Bengals part

I really had trouble seeing it on the replay, though. It definitely happened?

24 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

I really had trouble seeing it on the replay, though. It definitely happened?

The guy holding the sticks way down the field tried to move back as the play came his way and tripped over a Bengals coach who had like... 3 toes in the white. But yeah, it happened.

Good:  Bengals won.  Stealers lost.  Cowboys lost.

Ugly:  Rapistburger

Anyone watch the Cowboys/Packers game?  Followed the same storyline of the Bengals v Packers.  They were all over Rodgers in the first half, but in the second the run game, quick passes and Rodgers moving changed the game.  Are the Packers playing some kind of football rope-a-dope?  Anyway...the Bengals losses aren't looking as bad at this point.  Except Baltimore.

Well it was probably just an increase in holds by the packers oline like it was in our game

Speaking holds was it just me or where the bills flat out mauling our dline

7 minutes ago, ccartman2 said:

Well it was probably just an increase in holds by the packers oline like it was in our game

Speaking holds was it just me or where the bills flat out mauling our dline

I saw some, but the bad one was the third down just before Buffalo scored their TD... Lawson got mauled as he chased Taylor, from behind, right in front of the ref... and nothing.  I was spending the rest of the game convinced that blatant non-call was going to cost us the game.  Needless to say I was shocked that they called the one on McCoy's negated long run.

Archived