5 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Tee Higgins will stay with the Bengals thru shrew manuvering of the cap space in the future.

Starting to believe Katy may be one of the best capoligists in the NFL.

Only hiccup would be if his agent goes beyond greedy and asks for 25mil plus.

Katy is great no doubt, but this is starting to feel like a tag and trade next March or April. If they don't sign Higgins to an extension, then they can use that extra money to make a different part of the team stronger. Maybe that means they sign Reader or Awuzie to an extension instead or add an impact outside free agent at a value they consider a bargain. Then they could use the extra draft assets to keep adding young affordable talent for the future.

I would argue tag and trade better route for team building and roster management long term. But if I am wrong and they sign Tee I sure won't be mad about it. But I want them to either tag and trade him or sign him - I don't want them to just let him play out his contract like Bates did and let him walk for nothing (effectively - Bates comp pick went away when they signed Brown Jr).

• Upvote 2

i aint worried about it anymore. he'll stay or he'll go , they'll pay him or they'll pay another.   

yes he is worth what he wants. i am sure he can get what he wants from somewhere ,

but on the other hand whats it worth to him to have Burrow throwing to him.  2 way street there.  

i really do like Tee, he seems to appreciate the fans and take his position as a NFL player seriously.

he appears to be a good role model 

i hope he gets whatever he wants from life,  

hopefully as a bengal.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, membengal said:

I would argue tag and trade better route for team building and roster management long term. But if I am wrong and they sign Tee I sure won't be mad about it. But I want them to either tag and trade him or sign him - I don't want them to just let him play out his contract like Bates did and let him walk for nothing (effectively - Bates comp pick went away when they signed Brown Jr).

I think a lot of this will depend upon how fast they think Iosivas will be up to speed.  He's the guy with the kind of upside to be a real threat at #2.

47 minutes ago, stryker57 said:

i aint worried about it anymore. he'll stay or he'll go , they'll pay him or they'll pay another.   

yes he is worth what he wants. i am sure he can get what he wants from somewhere ,

but on the other hand whats it worth to him to have Burrow throwing to him.  2 way street there.  

i really do like Tee, he seems to appreciate the fans and take his position as a NFL player seriously.

he appears to be a good role model 

i hope he gets whatever he wants from life,  

hopefully as a bengal.

Exactly this. Tee is good people. I hope Bengals fans don't turn on him if he gets the bag elsewhere. He's been nothing but class.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

NFL = NOT FOR LONG.  I have no problem with Tee getting his money.

One thing I am thinking is signing Tee now/soon would be wise because next year the cap goes up (I think) and we will be losing Jonah, Tyler Boyd, probably Carman and hopefully Mixon, finally plus probably some others.  Sign him now and get him settled for a few years and we will have extra money next year for Ja'Marr.

15 hours ago, MOC said:

8 targets today 0 catches,  I think he has a chip on his shoulder over Joey B getting the big money before he got his 🤔

You're right, that makes a lot of sense. Tee purposely played badly in the first game of a contract season because he's mad at JB...pro athletes do that all the time. 

53 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

You're right, that makes a lot of sense. Tee purposely played badly in the first game of a contract season because he's mad at JB...pro athletes do that all the time. 

I think Joe is pissed that Tee hasn't signed his contract and was purposely overthrowing Tee.

:ninja:

• Upvote 1

The day the Bengals drafted Ja'Marr Chase is the day it was apparent Tee Higgins would be leaving. To this day, despite what many others think, I feel the Bengals should have taken Penei Sewell. But, they decided that Tee wasn't their #1 WR though and took Chase. All good. Chase is a hell of a player and I'm glad he's here but, on that day, Tee Higgins' long term future was decided.

He isn't staying. He'll play out this season, tag him next season and then he's gone. Draft another WR to take his place early in the next draft and go from there. Burrow has all the money now (despite many thinking he was taking a team friendly deal - hilarious) so the rest of the decisions need to be more cautious. Too many positions to pay and to have two WR paid in the Top 10. It isn't feasible. Enjoy him while he's here because Tee Higgins will be elsewhere in maximum, two years. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BengalFanInTO said:

The day the Bengals drafted Ja'Marr Chase is the day it was apparent Tee Higgins would be leaving. To this day, despite what many others think, I feel the Bengals should have taken Penei Sewell. But, they decided that Tee wasn't their #1 WR though and took Chase. All good. Chase is a hell of a player and I'm glad he's here but, on that day, Tee Higgins' long term future was decided.

He isn't staying. He'll play out this season, tag him next season and then he's gone. Draft another WR to take his place early in the next draft and go from there. Burrow has all the money now (despite many thinking he was taking a team friendly deal - hilarious) so the rest of the decisions need to be more cautious. Too many positions to pay and to have two WR paid in the Top 10. It isn't feasible. Enjoy him while he's here because Tee Higgins will be elsewhere in maximum, two years. 

Had we taken Sewell, we would not have gotten to the SB. 

Chase was the right pick.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1