Jones or Sanu or Both or Neither ???

Jones or Sanu or Both or Neither ???  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Bengals do this offseason when it comes to potentially extending Marvin Jones and Mohammed Sanu?

• Extend both now before the season starts
    • Extend Marvin Jones but not Mohammed Sanu
    • Extend Mohammed Sanu but not Marvin Jones
    • Extend neither and wait until next offseason to make a decision

Here is where each guy is at after 3 seasons

Marvin Jones
Has played in 27 out of a possible 48 games
Ankle and broken foot injuries caused him to miss all of the 2014 season
Has caught 69 passes of 112 targets (61.6%) for 913 yards and 11 TDs
Has ran the ball 11 times for 112 yards and 0 TDs
Has lost 0 fumbles
Had a career game in 2013 vs NYJ (8 catches for 122 yards and 4 TDs)
Has accounted for 37.9 total yards and .41 TDs per game played in his 3 year career

Mohammed Sanu
Has played in 41 out of a possible 48 games
Has not missed a game the past 2 seasons
Has caught 119 passes of 200 targets (59.5%) for 1399 yards and 11 TDs
Has ran the ball 16 times for 82 yards and 0 TDs
Has lost 1 fumble
Has completed 5 passes in 5 attempts for 177 yards and 2 TDs
Has accounted for 40.4 total yards and .32 TDs per game played in his 3 year career

I think next year is going to be the year of early wide receiver.  Could possibly have AJ on contract long term and would have another guy under contract for 5-6 years. 

If Jones can stay healthy though, its him.  Sanu showed flashes of being able to play outside, but just disappeared too much.  A slot receiver isn't a big priority when you have a move tight end like Tyler.

I agree this crap where Dalton can't hit a man in stride or he is to short or over throws and checks down all the time and letting his backs and rec corp stand out to be killed is getting old. Dalton don't need a pro bowler at every position on this team

It all depends on how much they're asking for this offseason...

If one or both of them is willing to take a modest long-term deal then I'd definitely do it. If either is looking for bigger money, then I'd pass and see what happens.

Anything under $4M per year for Marvin Jones would be worth it in my opinion. Probably anything under $3M for Sanu. If they're looking for much more than that, I'd let them play it out and see what happens.

The way the draft went should make it more likely that they try to get one of them extended this summer. The drafting of the OTs should open up some money in the future budget for the offensive side of the ball since they probably won't keep Andre and might not keep Whit. And the fact that the Bengals didn't add any real competition at WR in the draft also ups the ante in terms of trying to get one of these guys extended. Can't go into 2016 with AJ and not much else. 

I'd be inclined to wait though if Jones is cheap, then go ahead and extend him now. Sanu hasn't earned an extension yet imo. He played well last year as our top target when AJ was out but disappeared once AJ returned. 

I agree for the most part, but I keep asking myself if this is just b/c Andy struggled when trying to find receivers not named AJ when AJ came back or if Mo just wasn't getting open. (Not trying to turn this into an Andy thread...we have enough of those)

I think an AJ deal makes too much sense and feel like that deal would need to gain a little more clarity before 1 of them gets extended.   Both have made plays and the Bengals went into stall mode in productivity last season despite another top 10 line season so you just can't chuck away skill players with Dalton as your QB.

I would probably offer both a contract this year, that would be team friendly, but would also set them up for life.  Something in the range of 4yrs/ 12 to 15 mill with 4-6 in signing bonus.  Both have made less that 3 mill on their original contracts, so that would be a solid deal, and would give them generational cash, so they would never have to worry again as long as they are as smart as they seem.  It would also give you your 2nd and 3rd receiver for about the price that some teams are paying just their second.  Even if they were 2nd and fourth or third and fourth, it would be a good investment to me.  Now, if they wanted 6-7 mill a season, I would let them play this season and prove they were deserving.

Archived