The Beautiful, the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, Oakland Edition

Beautiful : O-Line, No huddle, Eifert, Hill, Adam Jones

Good : Almost everything else

Bad : Clock management was a little dodgy, although it didn't hurt us and you don't know if the TO is because of a player being dumb.

Ugly : Adam Jones was v.v.v.lucky to not get ejected. He might still have to sit a game if the NFL want to be dicks about it, and they will.

So Ugly It's a 3-Bagger : The Bangles. Chris Simms fuck you with a splintery post.

Beautiful

Eifert

Good

AJ Hawk looked solid I thought

Bad

The scuffle with Pacman and Amari. As much as  I love the intensity, you gotta back off 

Ugly

The batted balls at the LOS from Dalton. Still an issue and it drives me crazy.

Is there a stat anywhere that shows batted balls by QB?

But with regards to dalton, 3 real questions...

1. Is it daltons fault by staring down the receiver, not pump faking, etc?

2. Is it the lines fault for not engaging the defender enough? Seemed all three were on the guy Z was blocking. Is it his fault?

3. Is it just something thats gonna happen with a shorter qb like dalton and theres really just not a ton you can do about it?

Honest questions, I'm not sure what the answers are.

Is there a stat anywhere that shows batted balls by QB?

But with regards to dalton, 3 real questions...

1. Is it daltons fault by staring down the receiver, not pump faking, etc?

2. Is it the lines fault for not engaging the defender enough? Seemed all three were on the guy Z was blocking. Is it his fault?

3. Is it just something thats gonna happen with a shorter qb like dalton and theres really just not a ton you can do about it?

Honest questions, I'm not sure what the answers are.

My money is on #1...

:shrug:

Love the way 14 kept his eyes down the field instead of freaking out and trying to scramble.  

Team's aren't going to be able to cover both Tyler and AJ.  If your going to shade with a safety on AJ your giving Tyler a bunch of room to roam.  If you bring the safety more towards the middle of the field, your giving AJ freedom.  This team has weapons to win the super bowl.

Random firings...

Leon Hall had his best game in a LONG time.

The Bengals finally have their own playmaking tight end after about 25 years of searching for one.

Not too worried about the burnt timeouts.  It was Week 1 and they were doing an awful lot with sub packages.

The Iloka taunting foul and Green's dropped TD could have been game changing plays.  Both are unforgivable.

Random firings...

Leon Hall had his best game in a LONG time.

The Bengals finally have their own playmaking tight end after about 25 years of searching for one.

Not too worried about the burnt timeouts.  It was Week 1 and they were doing an awful lot with sub packages.

The Iloka taunting foul and Green's dropped TD could have been game changing plays.  Both are unforgivable.

Don't forget Jones' dumbass penalty. He easily could have been ejected for that shit. 

Big news of the day to me is the incredibly solid perimeter tackling by our DBs.  Adam Jones had a dumbass penalty, but he was sensational with his open field tackling.  Leon Hall suddenly reappeared, and Dennard brought the boom I've been expecting from him since watching MSU.   In fact, the open field tackling all around was quite solid today. 

Big news of the day to me is the incredibly solid perimeter tackling by our DBs.  Adam Jones had a dumbass penalty, but he was sensational with his open field tackling.  Leon Hall suddenly reappeared, and Dennard brought the boom I've been expecting from him since watching MSU.   In fact, the open field tackling all around was quite solid today. 

Yeah, tackling was pretty damn solid...

Archived