2021 Mock Draft Simulators

1 hour ago, gupps said:

OK,  so Sewell isn't perfect. But he's the top rated prospect at he Bengals weakest position group. So it's a no-brainer, right? RIGHT?

Pffft, who am I kidding. It's gonna be Chase. Cuz 404 pass attempts in just 9.5 games isn't good enuff. And Frank "The trench-whisperer" Pollack can turn chickenshit into chickensalad with a wave of his hand.

On a side note, I work with a football fanatic (skins fan) whoo stuck his head in my office saying 2 teams were talking with the

Bengals about trading. One was the Broncos. Other was the Redskins, said the skins were offering their first and Ryan Kerrigan to move up to 5. No idea how true this is but food for thought.

I think we all know the OL needs help but I am starting to lean more an more with Chase or Pitts and loading up on OL after that. Even if we do not go OL in round 2 we could in 3,4 and 5 or 6 and still pick up some good players, especially at OG. They also may be thinking if Reiff plays well they can re-sign him. 

59 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I think we all know the OL needs help but I am starting to lean more an more with Chase or Pitts and loading up on OL after that. Even if we do not go OL in round 2 we could in 3,4 and 5 or 6 and still pick up some good players, especially at OG. They also may be thinking if Reiff plays well they can re-sign him. 

Not me, I want the lines  (both O and D) fixed first and foremost. Get Mixon some big holes so Burrow ain't passing 40 times a game.Save the bling for later.

Agree to disagree and all that . :14_relaxed:

4 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Did you just quote that from Mike Brown?...

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

I could be wrong, just my opinion based on what I know.   

If Chase is there. With an aging and expensive Jones Atlanta could take Chase. Collinsworth, a Florida alum, did say that Pitts wasn’t a guy who comes clean out of cuts and the like, so he does have some holes as well. 

13 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

I will help get Hobson started on his headlines and bylines...

Another Tiger Gets His Stripes!

Bengals Win Wild Goose Chase!

Bengals Chase-ing Rainbows!

What's Better Than Tyler and Tee?

One Ja'Marr Wide Receiver!

How Many Sacks Can The Bengals Give Up In 2021?

A Lot Ja'Marr Than Last Year!

Chase and Burrow's Secret Love Child! (Sorry, that's the Enquirer)

Bengals Chase playoff birth. 

Penei for your thoughts.

Pitts is not in the Burgh. 

So I think Pitts gets taken by the Falcons. 

The leaves Chase and Penei.  We already have a young left tackle who played fine last year Just signed another tackle who is a huge upgrade over Hart.  

Interior lineman can easily be found in round 2.  Also, contrary to some here, it doesn’t make sense to have two higher end Left tackles on the team, one WILL leave so it’s a wasted pick long term. 

I can’t see any other option than Chase unless we trade down. 

15 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The leaves Chase and Penei.  We already have a young left tackle who played fine last year Just signed another tackle who is a huge upgrade over Hart.  

Interior lineman can easily be found in round 2.  Also, contrary to some here, it doesn’t make sense to have two higher end Left tackles on the team, one WILL leave so it’s a wasted pick long term. 

This has long been my thinking as well, though to his credit Sewell has been practicing for both LT and RT so that he can play both if asked.

16 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

This has long been my thinking as well, though to his credit Sewell has been practicing for both LT and RT so that he can play both if asked.

I don’t doubt he can, the reality is if you are a high quality left tackle you are worth about 8mil more a year than a high end right tackle.

My point is neither wants to be relegated to right tackle if they can play left.  The money difference long term is HUGE.  

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

I don’t doubt he can, the reality is if you are a high quality left tackle you are worth about 8mil more a year than a high end right tackle.

My point is neither wants to be relegated to right tackle if they can play left.  The money difference long term is HUGE.  

Yup

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Shouldn't be an issue, based on previous attempts I think we can only pretend we already have a high quality left tackle for about 2-3 years before the illusion wears thin.  That would give him plenty of time to move over before he hits that fat FA contract.  I firmly believe that Jonah Williams can do just as good of a job not playing on either end of the OL.

21 hours ago, Duluoz said:

Taking Sewell scares me.

Expecting middle of the pack offensive linemen to fill the void scares me even more, especially after the debacle that last year was. Joe Burrow writhing in pain and being carted off the field should be your main fear.

24 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Shouldn't be an issue, based on previous attempts I think we can only pretend we already have a high quality left tackle for about 2-3 years before the illusion wears thin.  That would give him plenty of time to move over before he hits that fat FA contract.  I firmly believe that Jonah Williams can do just as good of a job not playing on either end of the OL.

Sewell and Jonah left side protection for JB..

Reiff and Spain..power running side.

Whether it goes down that way who knows but the pieces seem to fit..

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

That's a great one year strategy, if that's what you're looking for out of the draft...a one year solution?  

3 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Sewell and Jonah left side protection for JB..

Reiff and Spain..power running side.

Whether it goes down that way who knows but the pieces seem to fit..

Even that scenario has concerns and sheds light on the extent of our OL problems. Spain is a career backup, much as Sua Filo is, both at left guard and neither have any business being plugged in at right guard. But yeah, given all the team's OL problems he is the best current solution. 

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

Sewell would earn 29mil over his first 4yrs drafted at 5..

Long time before he ll negotiate for a longterm deal..

About who wants to play where for a big contract..

Theyll play where Pollack inserts them..

22 minutes ago, bengaled said:

Joe Burrow writhing in pain and being carted off the field should be your main fear.

The fact that you believe taking Sewell is the only way to keep that from happening just seems crazy to me. 

On 4/21/2021 at 1:33 PM, T-Dub said:

This is a "people still die wearing seatbelts so seatbelts don't matter" tier argument.

Again I'm not a Sewell-or-bust person but people are missing the funniest thing about posting that as "proof" that Sewell has flaws.  He is credited with allowing ONE sack in his entire college career.  That's the sack.  That video right there is the only sack he ever allowed.  So it's not like showing a clip of Chase dropping a pass and saying he has flaws; it's like if Chase only dropped ONE PASS EVER and showing that and saying he has flaws.

Yes Sewell has flaws.  "Allowing sacks" isn't one of them (yet?).

Ok, back to the regularly-scheduled simping for "your guy" everybody... 🥰

Archived