Jump to content

Joe's next contract


Recommended Posts

On 1/13/2023 at 2:24 PM, claptonrocks said:

Team friendly deal may be to sign JB to 

whatever and have it deferred into the future like Brady did with NE..

Benny in PIT re-worked his deals 3 times for just this purpose. 
 

If the will is there, there is a way. And everyone wins. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

 

It will not even be a negotiation in the true sense. 

 

It will be more like: "tell us what number you want to never leave" ... and then they agree to whatever said. 

And Joe gives them leeway to keep the cap reasonable .

 

You know he will..

That's what great leaders do.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

And Joe gives them leeway to keep the cap reasonable .

 

You know he will..

That's what great leaders do.

Agreed. I don’t think he’s about the money or the bragging rights about being the highest paid QB. He wants to win. Period.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think there will be any animosity with his contact. 

 

The Bengals know this is a permanent marriage without the option of a divorce, so he has all the leverage. Whatever he wants he will get.

 

Thankfully, I think he will not want to eat up the full cap, as he also wants to win championships. 

 

Something like 6 years, 330 million (55 per), with 165 million guaranteed (50%) I would predict. -- Which will be a bargain in a few years. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/14/2023 at 1:11 AM, claptonrocks said:

9 mil next year as opposed to 50mil per?

 

Im guessing they dont even embarrass themselves approaching him with that idea.

He's under contract for 2023 and they'll exercise their option for 2024. They could then tag him 2 or 3 times. So he's not remotely close to being a free agent and getting open market value. He's also not the kind of guy to throw a hissy fit about his contract. When the time comes, he'll get paid plenty by the Bengals. But he won't kvetch if they prioritize the guys closer to the end of their deals. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

that could be a good reason to go longterm and not wait for the big payday in 2+ years  , if joe goes for 25 mil/year  for the next 6 years thats 150 mil total ,and would be equal to 9 mil this year 12 mil next year (option year) , and 4 years at 32 mil each...(or in some value fashion). signing early would give him a big raise now and then allow the team a lower cap hit per year and spread that to the others he would  want to stay. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

He's under contract for 2023 and they'll exercise their option for 2024. They could then tag him 2 or 3 times. So he's not remotely close to being a free agent and getting open market value. He's also not the kind of guy to throw a hissy fit about his contract. When the time comes, he'll get paid plenty by the Bengals. But he won't kvetch if they prioritize the guys closer to the end of their deals. 

I believe they waste no time and sign him to a long extension with a blank check he can fill in to secure his future and help the teams cap by deferring alot of it..

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, stryker57 said:

that could be a good reason to go longterm and not wait for the big payday in 2+ years  , if joe goes for 25 mil/year  for the next 6 years thats 150 mil total ,and would be equal to 9 mil this year 12 mil next year (option year) , and 4 years at 32 mil each...(or in some value fashion). signing early would give him a big raise now and then allow the team a lower cap hit per year and spread that to the others he would  want to stay. 

If he goes for 5yr 150mil?

Seriously?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Joe's next contract will be somewhere between 45 to 50+ million per year, just like the rest of the big boys. The difference will probably be that he won't make it be fully guaranteed. He knows that this city. team and himself are tied together from here to eternity. He isn't going anywhere, probably doesn't want to, and he knows he will be paid guaranteed or not!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

if he does it now , he'll get the signing bonus and then be taken up from 9 mil to the new wage,  and 150 mil i just threw out there '''

 

so make it 40 mil/year for 5 years then. ,

but if he wants to keep the team together then he wont go 50 mil a year, if thats what he wants (and he's worth it) then he'll be playing on a 9 mil in 23 and the option year in '24 . so sign for less now  would actually pay him sooner.   the bengals would be smart to pay him less and let him wait, IMO if he wants more then sign sooner for less , but he'll make alot more sooner.  my point is he can make 9  mil +15 mil in the next 2 years total of 24-25 mil (i dont know the option year amount)  or he could sign for 40 mil/year and make  80 mil in the same time period,  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

the number of people that think the bengals are going to release Mixon next season, take a 5.5 mil cap hit, magically find a BETTER player for less than 4 million(as with  that theyd be spending the exact same on the cap as just keeping him) is so insanely high in here i cant fucking see straight.

 

wtf are yall even talking about?

 

the cap hit is nearly 3 million the following year as well. but it would be just as easy to redo his deal for a few more years at that point and lower the cap hit. obviously taking a under 3 mil hit to save 9 is plausible, but mixon is a top tier back. even if the cool kids around here think somewhere there is a back getting solid yards with no holes to run through.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kind of a dumb question because I think Joe has already been better than the best year Cam Newton had. I saw a best QB ever ranking and Cam was on the list at like 28 or something. I looked at his stats and the guy wasn't very good. Is Burrow better than the best Newton year?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/13/2023 at 7:56 AM, palmer4mvp said:

After the SB run in my estimation. I may be wearing rose colored glasses but I really think Joe/Tee/Jamar will take deals to keep the team together as much as possible. They know that winning multiple championships is worth more than a few extra million dollars.

 

What are the chances they let Tee and Boyd walk and go after Jefferson?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Gary said:

 

What are the chances they let Tee and Boyd walk and go after Jefferson?

Slim and None...and Slim is on vacation.

 

Fun to think/talk about, but nope.

 

Honestly, the current receivers all have their complementary roles/lanes...not sure I'd even want to mess with that.  If one needs to be replaced, try to fit that same role/lane IMHO.

 

Also, I don't really follow Jefferson much, but at first glance he seems more diva-ish than all of our guys combined.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Gary said:

Kind of a dumb question because I think Joe has already been better than the best year Cam Newton had. I saw a best QB ever ranking and Cam was on the list at like 28 or something. I looked at his stats and the guy wasn't very good. Is Burrow better than the best Newton year?

Yes ..twice ..in 3yrs.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Yes ..twice ..in 3yrs.

 

 

 

Newton was a bad man early in his career, but not even close to as accurate as Burrow.  He also didn't have many good WRs to work with as they had to get rid of Steve Smith because he kept dressing Newton down for pouting and acting like a bitch any time things didn't go his way.  Other WRs left Carolina taking shots at Newton.  He had a lot of talent, but was a very strange guy who rubbed a lot of players the wrong way.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...