Jump to content

Halftime Show


Recommended Posts

Was the halftime show good?  
 

I was at a party full of half assed football fans who couldn’t shut their mouths during the game let alone during the halftime show.  
 

I ended up leaving after the show but couldn’t really hear it.  I have heard it was great (my kids) and sucked (old people).  
 

Wife was a bit miffed we left at halftime but I despise people who go to these parties, sit three feet from everyone and proceed to talk non stop for 3 hours.  I really don’t want to hear about your kid in Chicago when it’s 4th and 1.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Music was good, the production value for me wasn't as good as shows in the past. One big truck full of "rooms" was kind of lame, wish they would have moved around the field or done some sort of bigger stage with it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, super bowl parties are great when you don't have any skin in the game.  Just a social event and party for most folks regardless of who the teams are.  Hopefully you were close by and didn't miss much of the 2nd half.

 

I'm older so the halftime show wasn't really my demographic or preferred style of music, but it was entertaining IMHO, and arguably more in touch and inline with the NFL target audience, players, etc.  I thought it was interesting that they said Evan McPherson stayed on the sideline during halftime to watch.  Did that really happen? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was at a party too with people I love dearly, but they were not into the game and the talking and playing music they were talking about was driving me nuts. Wont do that again when we go back next year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, esjbh2 said:

 

 

I'm older so the halftime show wasn't really my demographic or preferred style of music, but it was entertaining IMHO, and arguably more in touch and inline with the NFL target audience, players, etc.  I thought it was interesting that they said Evan McPherson stayed on the sideline during halftime to watch.  Did that really happen? 

Yes, it did. He was on the bench with a huge smile on his face.

 

I muted it. I'm not big into rap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm definitely not the demographic they were shooting for, but I thought it was entertaining.  Better than many recent shows.  I knew a couple songs.  Looked like they did a good job to me.  No weird shit from what I noticed.  I can imagine that 30-45 year olds loved it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Actually I have never watched a complete half time show if I remember correctly.  That would be the time I would go out and smoke at least part of a corona, grab some beer and reload the plates of snacks and chat with a few friends about the game and take a leak, not necessarily in that order.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

Actually I have never watched a complete half time show if I remember correctly.  That would be the time I would go out and smoke at least part of a corona, grab some beer and reload the plates of snacks and chat with a few friends about the game and take a leak, not necessarily in that order.

 

I watch it on occasion.  I like Snoop and Dre but couldn’t  hear much.  Not a Kendrick Lamar fan but I don’t really follow the newer guys much.  
 

Eminem has kind of jumped the shark and isn’t really relevant anymore.  I know he took a knee but I didn’t even realize he was doing it to be frank.  Little late to the party.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, westside bengal said:

Actually I have never watched a complete half time show if I remember correctly.  That would be the time I would go out and smoke at least part of a corona, grab some beer and reload the plates of snacks and chat with a few friends about the game and take a leak, not necessarily in that order.

 

Wow you left out we you peed..😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The world has become a bit to picky and opinionated(obviously for anyone who posts here, lol). But that stage had what, 300-400 million albums sold on it. Maybe more. 4 historic selling artists and Kendrick Lamar. 
 

unless it was country I’d be impressed with anyone I saw of that status. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

The world has become a bit to picky and opinionated(obviously for anyone who posts here, lol). But that stage had what, 300-400 million albums sold on it. Maybe more. 4 historic selling artists and Kendrick Lamar. 
 

unless it was country I’d be impressed with anyone I saw of that status. 
 

 

Abba sold 400mil albums.

Maybe next year...😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It blowed! They sang in small houses like being in the hood or for the homeless?  Snoop Dog is a sexual predator and a druggie! He smoked a joint before getting on the stage?  Really?  Idiotic!  Btw, why was Money Mac allowed to be on the field to watch this?  I love the guy but that was another stupid thing allowed by this organization.  Did we see any Rams players out there?  Diversity has been in so many SBs halftime shows, but nobody remembers that, right?  The bum wannabe Eminem kneeling?  Whatever!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not much into slapping my bitch ho, killing cops, or pouring out a 40 for my dead homies. Took a dump during halftime and liked what I saw better than watching that LA-themed halftime.

 

Hoping for Abba (400 million records!), Glenn Campbell or Up With People next year in Glendale.

 

Get off my lawn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

It blowed! They sang in small houses like being in the hood or for the homeless?  Snoop Dog is a sexual predator and a druggie! He smoked a joint before getting on the stage?  Really?  Idiotic!  Btw, why was Money Mac allowed to be on the field to watch this?  I love the guy but that was another stupid thing allowed by this organization.  Did we see any Rams players out there?  Diversity has been in so many SBs halftime shows, but nobody remembers that, right?  The bum wannabe Eminem kneeling?  Whatever!  

Did you yell at the kids to get off your Yard?😂😂😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was on this board, scrolling twitter, and had 1 ear bud in listening to the Bengals radio network during halftime. My wife enjoyed it though, music from her college days and all. 

I didn't realize Eminem was even making any kind of statement by kneeling, as mentioned above, he's a little late to the party and everyone is like...meh whatever. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...