General board thoughts on embedding x's (tweets), video, etc.

So I wanted to bring this topic up after seeing some comments in anther thread (and mods feel free to relocate this). 

I guess I'll just cut to the chase...is seeing this sort of stuff embedded in threads annoying the board at large? The last thing I'd want to do is create clutter for people to scroll past. I understand that this is a message board, and the fan discourse is paramount.

My personal thought on sharing beat writers/insiders videos and comments was simply to keep the fan base here updated. I have my own opinions on things, trust me. But sometimes it is nice to see video of things going on at camp and practice, different viewpoints and whatnot.

I know Mem really paved the way with this and lately Dex and I have taken the reigns so to speak. I always thought it was nice to come here instead of having to scroll through X (Twitter)/Youtube myself for Bengals specific content. Especially after being busy with work all day or home projects or whatever . That may not be how many others feel though, and that is fair. Anybody can sign up on X or Youtube so I get that.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

I would imagine 100% of the posters here appreciate having those tweets and videos in their appropriate threads. I for one do. Love the fact that pretty much anything and everything I need to know will be posted by yourself or the others in one of the threads. That’s the primary reason I come here. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

10 minutes ago, IKOTA said:

I would imagine 100% of the posters here appreciate having those tweets and videos in their appropriate threads. I for one do. Love the fact that pretty much anything and everything I need to know will be posted by yourself or the others in one of the threads. That’s the primary reason I come here. 

Me, too.  One Stop Shopping for All Your Bengal News.

I look here first and usually the only place for Bengals news.

Right now with the Joe Burrow watch is a good example.

Check in fairly often, several times a day.

• Upvote 3

That was always my thought when I started trying to do this. And, figured it would be nice for everyone to be working off the same general info etc when having discussions. But enough shade has been tossed my way a few different times that I stopped doing it. It takes legit time and effort, and I genuinely appreciate griever and dex doing it now. It...helps. Nice to see the latest news in one place. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I hate social media and do not take the time to seek out Bengals info...so the "one stop shopping" approach here is perfect for me.  I can see how it can seem redundant to those who subscribe to all the social media stuff, but again, at least for me, I love the content posted here.

I appreciate all you guys do (Mem, Griever, Dex, etc).  Please don't stop.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

All of the tweets are appreciated and I say this as a chronic twitter checker. 

I think this forum is the best place on the entire internet to stay up to date on anything Bengals. I'm glad to do my part in that as well. If someone doesn't like it, fuck em, they don't have to be here.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

All of the tweets are appreciated and I say this as a chronic twitter checker. 

I think this forum is the best place on the entire internet to stay up to date on anything Bengals. I'm glad to do my part in that as well. If someone doesn't like it, fuck em, they don't have to be here.

Heck BJ...I don't know what I would do without your annual man-crush draft pick overload. 😄

It makes the entire draft! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

I hate social media and do not take the time to seek out Bengals info...so the "one stop shopping" approach here is perfect for me.  I can see how it can seem redundant to those who subscribe to all the social media stuff, but again, at least for me, I love the content posted here.

I appreciate all you guys do (Mem, Griever, Dex, etc).  Please don't stop.

Go to twitter and only follow football peeps or just make lists of the bengals football peeps and follow those lists. Its great. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Heck BJ...I don't know what I would do without your annual man-crush draft pick overload. 😄

It makes the entire draft! 

I'm glad you enjoy them. 

Now that I think about it I've been having "dancing bear" man crushes on here since 2004 (damn, getting old). 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Montana Bengal said:

If people don't want to see videos tweets, etc. They can scroll past.  I'm not big on some opinions on the site and just skip those.  Works in either instance.

This.  Post what you want as long as you aren’t hurting anyone or breaking rules.  Something for everyone.  

• Upvote 1

On 9/6/2023 at 1:58 PM, Griever said:

So I wanted to bring this topic up after seeing some comments in anther thread (and mods feel free to relocate this). 

I guess I'll just cut to the chase...is seeing this sort of stuff embedded in threads annoying the board at large? The last thing I'd want to do is create clutter for people to scroll past. I understand that this is a message board, and the fan discourse is paramount.

My personal thought on sharing beat writers/insiders videos and comments was simply to keep the fan base here updated. I have my own opinions on things, trust me. But sometimes it is nice to see video of things going on at camp and practice, different viewpoints and whatnot.

I know Mem really paved the way with this and lately Dex and I have taken the reigns so to speak. I always thought it was nice to come here instead of having to scroll through X (Twitter)/Youtube myself for Bengals specific content. Especially after being busy with work all day or home projects or whatever . That may not be how many others feel though, and that is fair. Anybody can sign up on X or Youtube so I get that.

Ive never seen a post about any clutter..

I appreciate all that bring good stuff to the board.

I appreciate all of your comments as well.

Been a member since 04 and the site is better than ever..

Tks to all..

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3