I ask for your prayers, good thoughts, karma... or whatever you prefer

USN Bengal

My great nephew, Lincoln Crosby Noble was born on June 11, 2011 suffering from Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS). It is a rare congenital heart defect in which the left side of the heart is severely underdeveloped. It was discovered when he was three days old and they started a series of open heart surgeries at Cincinnati Children's Hospital (the first one at 7 days old) to try to help him, but his condition was/is not stable enough for him to survive without suffering. His instability also led to him being on again/off again the heart transplant list... and a donor has not been found for him. Although he has put up a heroic fight, his parents do not want him to suffer anymore and are disconnecting him from all life support functions today.

I ask for your prayers of comfort for him, and his family.

Thanks... and thanks for letting me vent. Just need to get it out...

[attachment=894:gods_hands.jpg]

[quote name='USN Bengal' timestamp='1316055224' post='1031197']
Thanks to all of you, and enjoy your loved ones as much as humanly possible... especially your little ones.

You never know when they won't be there to hear you tell them you love them, to return a hug, or to hear their laughter.
[/quote]

Wow USN, I just saw this. My heart goes out to you and your family. Life sure can be cruel sometimes, but when an innocent child is gone before they've started, it's especially tragic.

We celebrated my Granddaughter's 3rd birthday Sunday. I remember standing outside the delivery room, listening as she was being born, crying like a little girl. Probably the happiest moment of my life. I can't imagine the pain I would have felt if she had only lived a few months.

I decided many years ago to start regularly saying the words "I love you" to family members. That's not something we did growing up. We all loved each other, but just never really said it. If you don't say it to your family, start. You never know when those words can be the difference in someone's life. It strengthens the family bond. Of course this assumes you really do love them. I'm lucky that I have a family that's easy to love. None of us are perfect, but all have kind hearts. All of us now say it to each other. I'm just talking about like when you finish a phone conversation, or leaving after a get-together, not just randomly saying "I love you" to your sister or anything weird. :mellow:

If your family is really fucked up and you do love them but don't like them, they might need to hear it more than anyone. Just saying family is forever, try to mend fences.

Archived