Fucking Priceless

They bungled the game away, as usual. Andy Dalton played scared, as usual. They made a ton of mistakes, as usual. This game was too big for them mentally, as usual.

But Tomlin's poor clock management and Ben's poor play bungled it away even more.

A timeout on defense prior to the two minute warning forces Marvin Lewis to make a decision. Does he have the balls to let Dalton throw in a huge situation? I bet he doesn't. So you're left with an extra 38 seconds and still have 3 timeouts with the two minute warning. Tomlin fucked up.

Then Ben trying too hard to make plays on the two late interceptions sealed it. But even despite all of that, if Tomlin manages the clock right the Stealers have the ball with about 2 minutes and no less than 2 timeouts. The extra time at the end ends up being huge since they had one chance for the TD with 4 seconds left. Should have been around 42 seconds left at that spot.
And don't get me started on that ridiculous fake spike. Ben's fault too.

As for the Bengals...if that's the best they can do in big games, they're one-and-done again. And I for one would love to see the Stealers go to Cincy in the playoffs.

Fuck em.

This was from Pittsburgh Fury Forum

A big game?  For whom?  If the Bengals lost, they'd have still been in complete control of the division.  Sure, the Bengals wanted to make a statement, but the Stealers needed that game to have any hope of winning the division.  Big difference.

And in case the rest of the league hasn't noticed, this Bengal defense is starting to look pretty damn good.  Uh-oh...

Leave it to a Stealer fan to talk shit after losing a must-win game at home.  That is, indeed, "fucking priceless".

They bungled the game away, as usual. Andy Dalton played scared, as usual. They made a ton of mistakes, as usual. This game was too big for them mentally, as usual.

But Tomlin's poor clock management and Ben's poor play bungled it away even more.

A timeout on defense prior to the two minute warning forces Marvin Lewis to make a decision. Does he have the balls to let Dalton throw in a huge situation? I bet he doesn't. So you're left with an extra 38 seconds and still have 3 timeouts with the two minute warning. Tomlin fucked up.

Then Ben trying too hard to make plays on the two late interceptions sealed it. But even despite all of that, if Tomlin manages the clock right the Stealers have the ball with about 2 minutes and no less than 2 timeouts. The extra time at the end ends up being huge since they had one chance for the TD with 4 seconds left. Should have been around 42 seconds left at that spot.
And don't get me started on that ridiculous fake spike. Ben's fault too.

As for the Bengals...if that's the best they can do in big games, they're one-and-done again. And I for one would love to see the Stealers go to Cincy in the playoffs.

Fuck em.

This was from Pittsburgh Fury Forum

That's one way to look at it.      The other way is:  Yes the Bengals did bungle all game long and you sorry ass motherfuckers still lost.

Good luck with being 4 down in the loss column and it's not even thanksgiving.     When they get you in the Jungle, they'll apply the proper ass whooping you were apparently expecting.

Stealer fans are really on edge with the Yankees losing the wild card,  Lakers still suck, and Duke basketball (in March) is a ways off. It's time to put the Jerome Bettis jerseys back into storage and they know it. 

this is fantastic

It really doesn't make a lick of sense to me.What is his point?:blink:

It was actually a good point.  Tomlin let 38 seconds run off the clock to the 2 min warning instead of using 2 of his 3 time outs.  After the 2 min warning he then used 2 timeouts to stop the clock.   He should have had an extra 13 seconds at worse which could have made the difference.

It was actually a good point.  Tomlin let 38 seconds run off the clock to the 2 min warning instead of using 2 of his 3 time outs.  After the 2 min warning he then used 2 timeouts to stop the clock.   He should have had an extra 13 seconds at worse which could have made the difference.

or the refs could have run 10 seconds off the clock when the Steelers had the illegal motion penalty with less than a minute left.... But they didn't...

or the refs could have run 10 seconds off the clock when the Stealers had the illegal motion penalty with less than a minute left.... But they didn't...

I believe the clock was already stopped from the PI penalty on Vinnie, so there was no time runoff unless the clock is moving.  Just like they don't charge a timeout for an injury is the clock is stopped.

I believe the clock was already stopped from the PI penalty on Vinnie, so there was no time runoff unless the clock is moving.  Just like they don't charge a timeout for an injury is the clock is stopped.

Correct. I was thinking run-off too at first, but realized that the clock wasn't running at the time.

Just another instance of Overrate Tomlin's ineptitude on full display.  It was very welcomed in this case.

Archived