Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Numbers

Season Predictions...

How many wins this season ?  

34 members have voted

  1. 1. How many wins this season ?

    • 14-16
    • 11-13
      0
    • 10
    • 9
    • 8
    • 7
    • 6
    • 5
    • 4
    • 0-3
      0
    • I don't care, I just want to talk about 2 players who are no longer here...
      0


Recommended Posts

I'm going to say 6-10...but...if you can win 6 you can just as easily win 10. It's just a matter of a few breaks going your way. 

Most rookie QB's don't get to start with the amount of talent the Bengals can put around Burrow as far as skill positions.

Every bit of it comes down to the OL. 

Gonna be fun to watch, no doubt about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5-11 or 6-10. Or We can do like a Mahomes, or Garappolo type turn around and win a ton of games?

 

Probably not, so I puck 5-11 or 6-10. Leaning towards 5-11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spicoli said:

Every bit of it comes down to the OL. 

Yes, yes it does.  It's possible to pull a decent season with a middling ranking on the Offensive line.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last year, the Bengals lost seven games by eight points or less.

 

Burrow is (will be) better than Dalton.

 

Free agent defensive players picked up are guys that can tackle. 

 

Reader is a run stuffer.

 

Offensive line did get a bit better toward the end of last year, plus Williams is now healthy.  

 

Linebacker room is much improved.

 

In 1980, the Bengals went 6-10...in 1981 they went 12-4 and ended up in the Super Bowl.

 

In 1987, the Bengals went 4-11...in 1988 they went 12-4 and ended up in the Super Bowl.

 

I choose to be optimistic.  9-7 and just missing the playoffs.   Unfortunately, the Ravens have reloaded for 2020; the Browns finally seem to “get it” and are becoming a dangerous team to face; and the stealers are...well, the stealers and will be gifted some wins.

 

FYI, I’m not normally optimistic about the Bengals, so...

 

🦗

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be ecstatic if we reach 8-8.  With the kung flu lock-downs affecting mini camps and possibly training camp  there is going to be a lot of ugly football being played in the beginning of the year. The Bengals are going to have a lot of new starters and I'm afraid it's going to hurt them bad.

 

6-10

Hope I'm wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

It's true...it's true...trust me. 

 

Had to do it, Numbers. 

Yup, he was a curse.  The old Enquirer days were awesome but this is a good board too.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7-9.

 

The difference between 2-14 and 8-8 really isn't that much.  I think the OL, receiver corps, and QB will be better.  If the offense can score and take some pressure off the D and they should be better as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell me how many games AJ, Ross, and Burrow play together.

 

I'll go with 8-8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too early for me to consider wins and losses but I will start out 8-8.  I feel the Bengals made good roster improvement thru FA and the Draft and the Bengals will be a more successful team.  But when other teams start cutting players to get younger or save money the Bengals still have a chance to pick up a few good players to fill some roster gaps and hopefully win a few more games and get over that .500 mark.

 

So far this spring the usual FO (Brown Family Trust) attitude of doing business is different from the past of signing cheap past their prime vets or talented dirt bag cast-offs.  And in the 2020 Draft some might question each pick from a pure talent point of view but no one can question the high caliber of leadership and work ethic these new players will bring to the locker room.  I am not sure how it happened but Zac Taylor and staff  accomplished something I did not think was possible before Mike Brown's demise.  I do not think we can underestimate how important this change will be.

 

I have to be honest, I had high hope for the new coaching staff last year but came away feeling meh as the season progressed.  Now in my usual preseason wishful thinking I want to believe what a masterful job that Zac Taylor and staff did tanking for Joe without looking like they were tanking and at the same time show Mike and Katie how sucky the roster really was and convince them there was only one way out.

 

Maybe Zac and staff are a lot smarter than I once thought......that is what I want to hope for anyway.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a much easier schedule on paper but with so much of a roster overhaul and the time it may take to gel I'll say 6 wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love what the team did in FA and the draft. Productive guys. Winners. Captains. Leaders. Coaches sons. Hard workers. To borrow a line from the Cavs GM, "fountains and not drains." As long as the fountains can play, and these guys look like they can.

 

Still, we have a lot of new faces, unproven guys, an unproven coaching staff, and lots of new starters, a rookie QB, and play in the toughest division in the conference. 

 

With all that, plus the covid situation will hit us harder than more experienced teams with less turnover, I figure modest improvement.

 

My range is 4-9 wins. I deem 6-7 most likely, followed by 8-9, then 4-5. I figure 10 or more is more likely than 3 or less.

 

If we sign a some proven OL/TE help, I may bump it one or two.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked 6 wins. 5-7 is the range imo. We've improved but so have other teams in the division and we look to be finishing 4th again. The right side of the O-line is still not up to NFL standards and let's see if Waynes is a big upgrade on Dre or not. 

 

I expect the run defense to be better with Reader added and the passing game to be better by late season after Burrow gets some experience. But we'll probably have a top 10 pick again in 2021.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8-8. I think this team played more like a 5-win team than a 2-win team much of last season, and the roster being fielded is just better this season. I still expect the usual run of adversity, and a 9+ win team that contends for a playoff berth is too optimistic for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, westside bengal said:

Too early for me to consider wins and losses but I will start out 8-8.  I feel the Bengals made good roster improvement thru FA and the Draft and the Bengals will be a more successful team.  But when other teams start cutting players to get younger or save money the Bengals still have a chance to pick up a few good players to fill some roster gaps and hopefully win a few more games and get over that .500 mark.

 

So far this spring the usual FO (Brown Family Trust) attitude of doing business is different from the past of signing cheap past their prime vets or talented dirt bag cast-offs.  And in the 2020 Draft some might question each pick from a pure talent point of view but no one can question the high caliber of leadership and work ethic these new players will bring to the locker room.  I am not sure how it happened but Zac Taylor and staff  accomplished something I did not think was possible before Mike Brown's demise.  I do not think we can underestimate how important this change will be.

 

I have to be honest, I had high hope for the new coaching staff last year but came away feeling meh as the season progressed.  Now in my usual preseason wishful thinking I want to believe what a masterful job that Zac Taylor and staff did tanking for Joe without looking like they were tanking and at the same time show Mike and Katie how sucky the roster really was and convince them there was only one way out.

 

Maybe Zac and staff are a lot smarter than I once thought......that is what I want to hope for anyway.

 

I agree with all of this  - good post.

I tend to think, though, that Zach and company got into town so late in the game that they really didn't have much of a chance to put together any kind of an offseason plan. (I realize that might be a ninja in bold)

Hopefully, this year's approach is more representative of this staff. I'm starting to gain quite a bit of confidence in them after all that's happened in the last 2 months.

I voted 8-8 but it's quite a loaded question.

How will the OL do?

Can all the new pieces of this defense gel?

How good is Burrow's rookie season?

What will the injuries be? (who the hell knows)

I'm an optimist - so - 8 and 8 is as far as I dare. But deep down..................can't wait to watch it unfold!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Bluto is obviously a Bengals fan.  And pissed at all the people on here underestimating the Bengals. 

I don't reply to prediction threads because I am always wrong and consider myself   downer and jinx.

 

However this year... whole new ball game.

Yeah, Athens Joe.  That goes without saying.

Higgins is a nice addition and I look for him to find a role while

Ross either shits or gets off the pot.

I really like the additions to the D, especially the linebackers.

Two look like they should make an instant impact and upgrade and Spears

will be the sleeper steal of the draft if he overcomes injuries even if he spends

the year on PUP prepping for next year.

etc

etc

 

So, its not over until we say its over.

Whose with me?

Ayyyyyyyyy... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

 

 

Bluto is obviously a Bengals fan.  And pissed at all the people on here underestimating the Bengals. 

I don't reply to prediction threads because I am always wrong and consider myself   downer and jinx.

 

However this year... whole new ball game.

Yeah, Athens Joe.  That goes without saying.

Higgins is a nice addition and I look for him to find a role while

Ross either shits or gets off the pot.

I really like the additions to the D, especially the linebackers.

Two look like they should make an instant impact and upgrade and Spears

will be the sleeper steal of the draft if he overcomes injuries even if he spends

the year on PUP prepping for next year.

etc

etc

 

So, its not over until we say its over.

Whose with me?

Ayyyyyyyyy... 

48 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

 

 

Bluto is obviously a Bengals fan.  And pissed at all the people on here underestimating the Bengals. 

I don't reply to prediction threads because I am always wrong and consider myself   downer and jinx.

 

However this year... whole new ball game.

Yeah, Athens Joe.  That goes without saying.

Higgins is a nice addition and I look for him to find a role while

Ross either shits or gets off the pot.

I really like the additions to the D, especially the linebackers.

Two look like they should make an instant impact and upgrade and Spears

will be the sleeper steal of the draft if he overcomes injuries even if he spends

the year on PUP prepping for next year.

etc

etc

 

So, its not over until we say its over.

Whose with me?

Ayyyyyyyyy... 

Aye Aye Captain..

Im ridin with u.

JB will win his number in games..

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Cricket said:

Last year, the Bengals lost seven games by eight points or less.

 

Burrow is (will be) better than Dalton.

 

Free agent defensive players picked up are guys that can tackle. 

 

Reader is a run stuffer.

 

Offensive line did get a bit better toward the end of last year, plus Williams is now healthy.  

 

Linebacker room is much improved.

 

In 1980, the Bengals went 6-10...in 1981 they went 12-4 and ended up in the Super Bowl.

 

In 1987, the Bengals went 4-11...in 1988 they went 12-4 and ended up in the Super Bowl.

 

I choose to be optimistic.  9-7 and just missing the playoffs.   Unfortunately, the Ravens have reloaded for 2020; the Browns finally seem to “get it” and are becoming a dangerous team to face; and the stealers are...well, the stealers and will be gifted some wins.

 

FYI, I’m not normally optimistic about the Bengals, so...

 

🦗

There is another playoff spot this year right? 9-7 might get us to that extra spot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Aye Aye Captain..

Im ridin with u.

JB will win his number in games..

Dilly! Dilly!

I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to jinx the thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think between 11-5 (ceiling) and 7-9 (floor).  If I had to pick an exact record, I would say 10-6 

 

I don't understand the pessimism.  The schedule is not that daunting. 

 

The 5.5 win total is a clear over. That is practically stealing from Vegas.

 

You can also win $3,000 on a $100 bet that the Bengals win the division, which is also worth the risk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Predictions

 

Chargers  --- W

@ Browns --- W

@ Eagles --- L

Jaguars --- W

@ Ravens --- L

@ Colts --- L

Browns --- W

Titans --- W

@ Squeelers --- L

@ Redskins --- W

Giants --- W

Dolphins --- W

Cowboys --- L

Squeelers --- W

@ Texans --- L

Ravens --- W

 

Final Record: 10-6

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...