Incognito, holy shit

BengalBacker

Incognito is one of the biggest pieces of trash to ever play the game.  Got booted from both Nebraska and Oregon for being a douche.

Just about every other high school team had one of these pricks on their team. Big, fat, asshole who did whatever he wanted and the coaches kinda looked the other way since he was a road grader.

I know of one at a rival school that learned the hard way.   6 ounce bottle of fox urine in the air intake of his classic ride and a little note of things to come if he didn't stop took care of that fuck's attitude.

Latest reports say Incognito's father posts on a Fin board and has claimed Martin is a drug addict who has attempted suicide 3 times, which the father apparently considered justification for the attacks on Martin by his son. Further, the father has repeatedly said he wished the Dolphin HC and GM get a disease worse than AIDS and die.

Latest reports say Incognito's father posts on a Fin board and has claimed Martin is a drug addict who has attempted suicide 3 times, which the father apparently considered justification for the attacks on Martin by his son. Further, the father has repeatedly said he wished the Dolphin HC and GM get a disease worse than AIDS and die.

http://deadspin.com/is-richie-incognitos-dad-blasting-jonathan-martin-on-m-1457997230

This guy is a turd.  We dodged a bullet here.  It circulated that we were about to trade for him back in the day.

So being an asshole is hereditary in their family, eh?

Incognito is one of the biggest pieces of trash to ever play the game.  Got booted from both Nebraska and Oregon for being a douche.

Just about every other high school team had one of these pricks on their team. Big, fat, asshole who did whatever he wanted and the coaches kinda looked the other way since he was a road grader.

I know of one at a rival school that learned the hard way.   6 ounce bottle of fox urine in the air intake of his classic ride and a little note of things to come if he didn't stop took care of that fuck's attitude.

How did they get the fox to pee into that little bottle?

They tried to call it bullying before the text came out. But they new it was all about race.

I don't think it was all about race.

Rather, I think the root of all of this stems from Martin's reputation as being too soft, too intellectual, and by some accounts....a homosexual. Ugly racists remarks were just one of disgusting tools Ingognito used in an attempt to either toughen up Martin or failing that....break him. And there's the rub because if Incognito's ultimate goal was to toughen up Martin then I can very easily imagine Incognito's actions being unofficially sanctioned by the coaching staff and the front office, both of whom were made aware of Martin's complaints during his rookie season. The fact that neither did anything to stop Incognito's actions lends credence to claims that this type of bullying of young players who are deemed too soft is not only tolerated by some coaching staffs, but sometimes seen as a sign of player based lockerroom leadership....thereby helping to explain why black teammates not only did nothing to stop Incognito, but actually supported him during the lunchroom prank that proved to be Martin's breaking point. Further, it's no longer difficult to understand why that type of prank might have broken Martin since it's now clear that he had been isolated, abused, and had no place to take his complaints.

I don't think it was all about race.

Rather, I think the root of all of this stems from Martin's reputation as being too soft, too intellectual, and by some accounts....a homosexual. Ugly racists remarks were just one of disgusting tools Ingognito used in an attempt to either toughen up Martin or failing that....break him. And there's the rub because if Incognito's ultimate goal was to toughen up Martin then I can very easily imagine Incognito's actions being unofficially sanctioned by the coaching staff and the front office, both of whom were made aware of Martin's complaints during his rookie season. The fact that neither did anything to stop Incognito's actions lends credence to claims that this type of bullying of young players who are deemed too soft is not only tolerated by some coaching staffs, but sometimes seen as a sign of player based lockerroom leadership....thereby helping to explain why black teammates not only did nothing to stop Incognito, but actually supported him during the lunchroom prank that proved to be Martin's breaking point. Further, it's no longer difficult to understand why that type of prank might have broken Martin since it's now clear that he had been isolated, abused, and had no place to take his complaints.

there is a LOT of reaching and assumption in that there paragraph.

from what has come out it would be a far far more likely assumption that his teammates didnt know about the external harassment, as im not sure you bring up to your teammates or anyone that he left you a voicemail like that and so on..

it seems everyone knew richie was a dick, and was harassing him a bit.. probably a bit too much, but i would find it hard to believe they ll knew the extent of it and no one beat his redneck ass..

especially the coach, he is by far one of the more conservative coaches in the entire league. on and off the field. 

also sidenote, at the game, several times during the game, they show a video of incognito wearing a sweater around his neck acting civilized as a speech to fans to behive and that unruly behavior will not be tolerated... they are being ironic obviously... but its EXTRA ironic now...

there is a LOT of reaching and assumption in that there paragraph.

And I assume you'll match me step for step by pretending Philbin didn't know anything going on in his own lockerroom or that his GM didn't inform him when Martin complained TWICE during his rookie season about harrassment.

from what has come out it would be a far far more likely assumption that his teammates didnt know about the external harassment, as im not sure you bring up to your teammates or anyone that he left you a voicemail like that and so on..

No argument. Then again, even after the texts were released Mike Wallace said he liked Incognito and wished he was still on the team. Even implied Incognito was a team leader....which I'm sure he was. In fact, seems pretty obvious the veterans on the team were openly supportive of the habit of financially extorting money from rookies. And those rookies who objected to the habit were forced to deal with Incognito, right?

All things considered it seems pretty lazy to assume this thing is restricted to Incognito alone, although I have no problem believeing he was the worst bad actor of the bunch.   

it seems everyone knew richie was a dick, and was harassing him a bit.. probably a bit too much, but i would find it hard to believe they ll knew the extent of it and no one beat his redneck ass..

So in one breath you're arguing nobody knew what was going on yet in the next breath you claim everyone was harrassing him "a bit too much". And then you wonder aloud why nobody beat the ass of an emotionally unstable player with a reputation for trying to injure his own teammates during routine fights that broke out in practice. (Source: Bill Polian)

especially the coach, he is by far one of the more conservative coaches in the entire league. on and off the field. 

You're tossing around the word "conservative" as if it were a buzzword for compassion and tolerance.

Archived